Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wait a lifetime for a funnel cloud and then two come at once!

A few from last night, just South of Salisbury. Mostly intracloud stuff, but an impressive light show none the less.  

Well that was a pretty awesome night. Although I cant help but feel slightly disappointed for not getting any SLR shots. And now I'm left wanting more and more ?. Anyway a very impressive light show w

Posted Images

Well, I'm going to get some food and keep an eye on the skies to the south east. Harry, nice talking to you again. Good luck everyone.?

• Like 1

Well I'm sat on Southend seafront at the moment and what a change in the last hour or so. The wind has got up and is now blowing strongly from the SE, the waves are up and dark clouds loom ominously over North Kent. The Isle of Sheppey is slowly disappearing from view and lightning strikes abound. Just waiting for the storm to hit. 

Out to the west it's as bright as anything! 

Edited by Sentinel
  • Like 3
22 minutes ago, Nick Wall said:

This may sound a bit odd and maybe my imagination, but does that storm have a look of a Rampant Rabbit?

Capture.PNG

This says more about your mind than about the weather. Don’t worry of you aren’t under storms at the moment everyone ...the atmosphere is primed and it could go bang at anytime anywhere this evening

• Like 1

Convective Weather Updated Again

UPDATE 18:47 UTC 

Right-moving supercell over NE England  continues to lift NE into the SE Borders. A new line of storms is heading due north towards Edinburgh along the line of our original HIGH risk area!

http://www.convectiveweather.co.uk/forecast.php?date=2019-07-25

Edited by Gordon Webb
  • Like 2

Yay rumble of thunder here!!!! Lightning is progressively getting nearer so hopefully will come over soon 

nothing forecast storm wise for here tonight or tomorrow, but i have a feeling whoever sees storms tonight are going to get one heck of a show, ok, change that, distant rumbles of thunder, think we will miss it but nice to hear things are begining to kick off

Edited by sparky1972
36 minutes ago, LionKingGamer said:

Do you think the cold front could worsen the conditions even more and make the Storm in the Channel even more severe

Storms could develop over Wales central UK from the cold from. The cold front is rather slow but I can see some effects happening as I type. As for worsening conditions even more in the South East..no. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Raindrops said:

Storms could develop over Wales central UK from the cold from. The cold front is rather slow but I can see some effects happening as I type. As for worsening conditions even more in the South East..no. 

A few rogue strikes appearing all over the uk west of the main action, we live in hope

• Like 2