Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wait a lifetime for a funnel cloud and then two come at once!

A few from last night, just South of Salisbury. Mostly intracloud stuff, but an impressive light show none the less.  

Well that was a pretty awesome night. Although I cant help but feel slightly disappointed for not getting any SLR shots. And now I'm left wanting more and more ?. Anyway a very impressive light show w

Posted Images

This is my video taken an hour ago:

Two lightning strikes on this video. One on around 26 seconds another in 49/50th second of this video.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, seabreeze86 said:

From what I've read on various forecasts the parameters for the storms to break out haven't arrived here yet so no panic YET 

The met office video I saw this morning had storms hitting us along with the north west about now 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Well here is something of interest.  It was literally just issued.   TOPS of FL420, that's pretty much on par with some of the stuff experienced in Central Africa and the Gulf.  Incredible!

Stregnth -  Intensifying

Moving NNE.

image.thumb.png.cf107ae1969616e9630b96b2367ea2ef.png

WSFR31 LFPW 251609
LFFF SIGMET 3 VALID 251600/251800 LFPW-
LFFF PARIS FIR/UIR FRQ TSGR FCST WI N5015 E00000 - N5045 E00100 -
N4930 E00130 - N4915 E00030 - N5015 E00000 TOP FL420 STNR INTSF=

So does this mean the cloud tops are almost 8 miles high? ? Or am I doing it all wrong haha.

1 minute ago, Boro Snow said:

The met office video I saw this morning had storms hitting us along with the north west about now 

I'm feeling a bit edgy if honest- this area was level 2 on estofex so i will keep the faith, for now.

• Like 1
Just now, Raindrops said:

So does this mean the cloud tops are almost 8 miles high? ? Or am I doing it all wrong haha.

Yes.  FL = Flight Level on a standard pressure of 1013hPa.  So roughly 42,000ft or about 8miles.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Boro Snow said:

Yeah I saw that but they have changed now and to be honest this is a now cast situation, think we will be very unlucky not to see anything 

Just now, Robbie Garrett said:

Yes.  FL = Flight Level on a standard pressure of 1013hPa.  So roughly 42,000ft or about 8miles.

Wow that is impressive, thank you for your knowledge I learned something new today.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Azazel said:

Has the northern storm split?

Yes, there seems to be three clusters now.