Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

I note that the MetO forecast for Leeds on Thursday has the thunderstorm symbols from 7pm to 10pm. Don’t think we’d be so lucky as to get two storms in one week!

Torrential rain with thunder in the distance here in Darlington

Screenshot_20190724-035544_Chrome.jpg

Right...for the 4th time tonight....i think that's it for the night.

No....I really do this time!

Edited by Gord

1 minute ago, Gord said:

Right...for the 4th time this evening....i think that's it for the night.

No....I really do this time!

still going strong here,

High Cape on Thursday according to GFS with precipitation Thursday evening into the night. Could be round 2

Wow.... I have just been woken suddenly by the loudest thunder I have ever head out of absolutely nowhere...

It’s going pretty strong out there which considering I didn’t think we’d get anything is an achievement

Staying up till 5 to see what those cells near Peterborough do. Getting lightning from them to my south 

Wow, round 2 and another bunch of incredible lightning shots, here's one.

Screenshot_20190724-041200_Video Player.jpg

so much for a western event only in parts of Northern England It Extends From W To E Coast

After the main storm-front here it was sporadic lightning every 5 to 10 mins with backbuilding convection amongst the rainmass, looked to have been picking up again at 4:30am but i'm fairly confident to say now that it's over and done for here. I won't be forgetting tonight in a hurry, anyone else noticed the storm-front was moving more NE than forecast? kind of a good thing in a way as more of the UK got to see at least something than had the storms moved directly north as predicted.

6 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

After the main storm-front here it was sporadic lightning every 5 to 10 mins with backbuilding convection amongst the rainmass, looked to have been picking up again at 4:30am but i'm fairly confident to say now that it's over and done for here. I won't be forgetting tonight in a hurry, anyone else noticed the storm-front was moving more NE than forecast? kind of a good thing in a way as more of the UK got to see at least something than had the storms moved directly north as predicted.

I noticed it was moving FAST.

Realised tonight that while it’s great to be in the most active area of an MCS it’s also savage. Rain was a real issue - couldn’t escape it - and also had no idea where stuff was building or going.

Early evening storms are more my thing for sure 😅 roll on thurs...

Looks like another small storm atm. Too bright now to capture any good photos 

Blimey a thunderstorm. A weak affair but a storm it was

Edited by The PIT

Big storms here 3 in total with each one getting worse, certain there will be bad flooding again, frequent lightning, INTENSE rain/hail, gusty winds, loud thunder, gutters overflowing, have been up all night so hopefully can get some sleep now 

1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Big storms here 3 in total with each one getting worse, certain there will be bad flooding again, frequent lightning, INTENSE rain/hail, gusty winds, loud thunder, gutters overflowing, have been up all night so hopefully can get some sleep now 

Was same in Edinburgh last night too, that’s 3 or 4 really big lightning storms we’ve had in the last month 

The best thunderstorms I have ever experienced last night in the UK. Not ever but in the UK... That title is held by the Storms I witnessed at night in France.. 

Started seeing flashes around 11pm by about 12:30-1am it was constant as in you couldn't count the seconds before there was lightning.. Overhead in cloud, gloud to ground, crawlers you name it.. 

The thunder was only really evident from the cloud to ground and over head in cloud.. 

Rain very minimul as I thought.. But the extent of the lightning is something I've never witnessed in the UK before.. Absoultey stunning.. 

I have plenty of videos and will pull up cctv later to see what it caught.. Incredible stuff 

Stunning show here, went out circa 11-30 and got back in at 4, have never seen lightning like it, constant light show, like strobe lighting in a disco. Very few CG strikes which made taking pictures not easy. First storm that went through, we had no rain, we then had hail and torrential rain from another cell. A lovely lightshow

After watching some pockets of cloud development form and vanish, I didn't have much hopes for last night.

Thankfully I was wrong.

Lovely light show all around me, with some closer strikes that gave me some thunder. Some heavy rain.

The next storm wasn't a direct hit, but started off with constant lightning and low rumbles, then some very heavy rain and hail..

When I peered out the window at the back the house, next door was still up and they had left some washing outside. 

opps.