Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

10 minutes ago, Gord said:

Can also hear the second lot approaching. Looks a bit messier on the radar, but judging by the reports further south, it should still be good.

Could be the last one tonight too...so enjoy it!

I wouldn't even take any notice whasoever of the lightning radar. The amount of flashes we've just had in Buckinghamshire is mental. Constant rolling thunder too. Amazing! 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You wait a lifetime for a funnel cloud and then two come at once!

A few from last night, just South of Salisbury. Mostly intracloud stuff, but an impressive light show none the less.  

Well that was a pretty awesome night. Although I cant help but feel slightly disappointed for not getting any SLR shots. And now I'm left wanting more and more ?. Anyway a very impressive light show w

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Ruck Bodgers said:

I think I remember that storm it was a late Sunday Afternoon and it was playing utter havoc with the then NEW Digital TV reception if i recall. Sorry to hear those around you don't appreciate the wonders of nature as much as we do!

Yup Probably the same one, we tended to have dinner around 4/5'ish' o'clock. 

There was one when I was a kid too, about 30 odd years ago, (not sure if I was in the last year of primary or just starting high school).  It was to the North (Mow Cop, Kidsgrove way, like normal) but it had, what I now know as, Anvil crawling lighting. At the time I thought it was really cool because it looked like the coral I'd seen in a nature documentary the day before ? .  Never seen that type of lightning before or since ?

• Like 1

An excellent show tonight here in Pitstone Buckinghamshire had 2 storms in total, the 2nd was best, it went totally crazy with loads of lightning and rolling thunder, the 2nd storm intensified over the Aylesbury area.

Amazing night, nice to finally get something here and for once I don't have to go chasing.

• Like 1

Just watched probably an hour of silent elevated lightning and a few anvil crawlers just to the north/northwest of us looking towards Chelmsford/Colchester direction, which just bumbled past as it moved east. I thought we might catch a bit overhead but the most e’lery flank seemed to decay as it moved up, not really any rain either but as I was expecting everything a lot further west, and I’m up with a very new baby anyway, I’ll take it as a bonus lightshow!

• Like 3

Been a great show in Chorley, Lancashire but not nearly what some are reporting but some nice gunshot CG's very close by. Looks like a second area heading north just crossing the Mersey. Is anyone on this? Worth waiting for or is just just a rain event? Not much showing up on the lightning maps from what I can see!

5 minutes ago, Jordan Naylor said:

Been a great show in Chorley, Lancashire but not nearly what some are reporting but some nice gunshot CG's very close by. Looks like a second area heading north just crossing the Mersey. Is anyone on this? Worth waiting for or is just just a rain event? Not much showing up on the lightning maps from what I can see!

I'm just north of the Mersey on the east side of Liverpool and it seems to be just some heavy rain, which has lasted all of 5 minutes!

Think...maybe...that's it for us now?

Look at it on the radar cracking it's tail right down to the coast on the Essex/Suffolk border make sure the very east coast sees a bit of it too.

Edited by Gord
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Despicable Weather said:

I'm just north of the Mersey on the east side of Liverpool and it seems to be just some heavy rain, which has lasted all of 5 minutes!

I'll get off to sleep then so I'm not a zombie in the morning!! xD

• Like 1

Just moderate rain here now. No lightning from this lot at all. Quite disappointed really, had no CGs and only distant thunder from the cells earlier. 

• Like 2
Just now, Chris.R said:

Just moderate rain here now. No lightning from this lot at all. Quite disappointed really, had no CGs and only distant thunder from the cells earlier. 

I'm surprised! I'm looking south and could see a number of distant CG's, but they may have been more over the Wigan/Skem areas. Was probably 40/60 CG to CC

• Like 1