Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Drove to Hayling and can see some nice flashes to the east so pleased to see something at least 

Posted

That little one I was keeping an eye on (W of Wolverhampton), has gone from blues and greens to orange, red and a bit of purple

*Rubs hands together gleefully and throws windows open*

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 2

Posted

Don't think there's going to be much for us tonight. Will give it another hour so we shall see

Edited by TJS1998Tom

Posted
Just now, sjamess90 said:

I can't sleep because it's so muggy here just had a look at the latest map data, CAP might have broken some interesting activity development for central portion of the UK. Potentially some hit or miss storms brewing.

Still, its not the level 2 or 1 severe any of us were expecting. We'll see in the coming few hours.

Posted

The one just NE of Birmingham looks like a backwards letter C, that's supposedly a bad thing right?

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

The one just NE of Birmingham looks like a backwards letter C, that's supposedly a bad thing right?

I'm not seeing anything severe in that location.

Posted
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, NLC
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
9 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Still, its not the level 2 or 1 severe any of us were expecting. We'll see in the coming few hours.

The lvl 2 happened hours ago, it started in the District then made its way to Scotland.

This is for now,, if we're lucky Estofex

Across Wales and England, more storms are forecast ahead of the approaching cold front. Although boundary layer capping will be larger compared to the northern British Isles, strong vertical wind shear may support some supercells as well, capable of large hail. Clustering of these storms may result in some eastward propagation later on with chances of large hail in parts of England later on.

Edited by Raindrops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I can see distant flashes from that storm out towards Lichfield 

Just had some rain here but sadly not enough to cool things down .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Loads of flashes to my west over Manchester way but got my eye on that NE Brum cell plus a cell has fired up in Coventry,camera ready and going outside again.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

I'm not seeing anything severe in that location.

This thing

BackwardsCStorm.png

It's lost it's shape now but it was like this for about 10-15 mins. Started smaller and expanded out wards

Edited by Ryukai

Posted
Just now, Raindrops said:

The lvl 2 happened hours ago, it started in the District then made its way to Scotland.

But the quadrant for severe covered a much broader area. Agree that was a very good group of cells, but even so, nothing further South so far. To my mind, the whole lot was shunted Eastward of the forecast.

11 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

No I wouldn't expect those levels of severity at this point possibly the odd rumble and some lighting.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Well, what a chase that was. Incredible stuff from that monster which travelled up the East Anglia coast. Never seen lightning as frequent as that for a long time. I’m not sure if 2015 even bettered it tbh. Absolutely phenomenal. Back home now, and as luck would have me, there’s more cells firing to the S. I doubt they will come close to what I have just seen however. 

Managed a few snippets, but nothing too much as I was just taking the whole thing in! 

3B9C4895-1FF6-46CD-B380-190CF4100103.png

57600898-7699-47E3-BB13-0B8C0C020271.png

7C4163C6-3F92-4B49-A4AC-3E3A6D4C8430.png

C5600060-FFDD-4500-BD48-355930368D9E.png

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Some great fork lightning albeit fairly infrequent but heard thunder too on Hayling 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Seems to be more near the IOW again now. No lightning though at the moment.

Posted

Five lightning, and some barely discernible thunder here - from the cell West of Bradford. Going to sit in the garden for a bit