Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Posted

The only thing I can see happening currently is the front engaging that thing in the channel and effecting the south east. It's so soupy out there though, would be a shame for it all just to slide away.

Posted

Great unusual cloud formations today mid level shooted up fast into CB`s and a big thundery shower came close by,saw a couple of cg`sand some very sharp showers big spots,so satisfied with this week lovely.

Posted
Just now, Mitch perrott said:

any answers to what i asked?, genuinely am curious in the area im in

Were expecting Storms of N.France to develop and move into the SE/London. Its a nowcast situation and you just need the trigger for it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C
1 minute ago, Mitch perrott said:

any answers to what i asked?, genuinely am curious in the area im in

I think there’s still a pretty good chance for us SE folk. Lots of radar watching to come ??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Update: I have arrived at the seafront! Packed, just as I imagined... I’m currently next to the Sovereign light cafe, with an unobstructed view, all the way across the channel!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
8 minutes ago, Thundershine said:

Looks like scotland will get a crap ton of mega storms AGAIN and they didn't even have the heat. 

must be terrible in Scotland If you love heat but hates storms

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, LionKingGamer said:

Were expecting Storms of N.France to develop and move into the SE/London. Its a nowcast situation and you just need the trigger for it

haha okay im kinda excited however am i too far east is my question

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual
1 minute ago, Azazel said:

The only thing I can see happening currently is the front engaging that thing in the channel and effecting the south east. It's so soupy out there though, would be a shame for it all just to slide away.

I rekon anywhere along the coast west of brighton will miss out. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

was the hottest ever day in Edinburgh today

Towers going up rapidly here in last 30 minutes ... won't be long now ...

Looks like the only place to exceed 30C in Scotland though, plus it looks really localised as the botanical gardens are only at 23.

Posted

Nice little storm over Wrexham not long back. Near constant thunder for about half an hour and saw quite a bit of elevated CC lightning. Took some videos but hard to see in the day time. Suns come back out now and it feels more humid than it did before! Attached a photo of the storm approaching towards the town centre

88EB414A-498B-4FC0-A7D8-C8AB970161C2.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, tomp456 said:

I rekon anywhere along the coast west of brighton will miss out. 

I agree with you now. Looking at the radar I just cant imagine anything firing further west - think all the juice will be used up by the one currently firing heading for Eastbourne (although remarkably slowly)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado
2 minutes ago, Petorious said:

You are not to far from me, near wellingborough, recon we are in with a good shout this eve?

I suspect so, But cant say for curtain. We will just have to wait and see!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter
17 minutes ago, Supacell said:

Most charts I have seen seem to show the storms now over the NW to move north/northeast into the far north of England and Scotland. These could turn severe as the afternoon/evening wears on. More storms then push up from the south this evening and develop/push north up the eastern half of England. Western extent a little uncertain but let's just say I expect I would be best to head east.

Best places look to be N England and S Scotland in the next few hours. Then SE England, London, Home Counties and up into SE Midlands, Lincolnshire, East Yorkshire for this evening into tonight.

Hi Supacell - just wondering re this as the forecasts say this evening for NE / Northern England as the main area of interest?

Edited by P-M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
9 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

It hasn't even properly got going yet in most areas.  If you meant in your region it might have been advisable to mention it.

Yes that's why I said 'here'

Posted
20 minutes ago, Stormchick said:

Im in Bratfud looking North - its got very murky and hazy in the distance but the only cell I can see is on radar - Selby (ish) way. I so hope we get something decent tonight! 

Think we're in the wrong place tbh.

Storms in nw England pushing north then storms kicking off via the cooler air coming in will probably initiate storms for eastern England with us stuck in the middle.

Heat going out with a whimper for us I'm afraid.

Edited by joggs

Posted

Yeah I can see that cell forming an MCS and moving up over Kent, Eastern London and into East Anglia. I also think that cell currently ongoing near Lancaster may form a smaller MCS and head up between Carlisle and Newcastle. I think that's your lot.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Azazel said:

Yeah I can see that cell forming an MCS and moving up over Kent, Eastern London and into East Anglia. I also think that cell currently ongoing near Lancaster may form a smaller MCS and head up between Carlisle and Newcastle. I think that's your lot.

Yeah the place that had barely anything on Tuesday Night

Posted
Just now, Azazel said:

That's your lot?  As in no more storms today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

It’s raining... I can’t  wait to see how people in the sea react! The rain is warm, too!

Posted
Just now, P-M said:

That's your lot?  As in no more storms today?

That's my opinion of it yes. Could be well wrong though, certainly was the other night. I just cant see anything else getting going and the two ongoing cells growing and sapping the energy from the atmosphere.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Azazel said:

That's my opinion of it yes. Could be well wrong though, certainly was the other night. I just cant see anything else getting going and the two ongoing cells growing and sapping the energy from the atmosphere.

The main forecasts haven't even kicked in yet - the trigger for easterns regions I think is cooler air this evening.... The meto :

Perhaps the main focus will be later in the evening and into the first part of the night across northern England and southern and eastern parts of Scotland, where storms could be more widespread and locally intense.

Edited by P-M
  • Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, joggs said:

Think we're in the wrong place tbh.

Storms in nw England pushing north then storms kicking off via the cooler air coming in will probably initiate storms for eastern England with us stuck in the middle.

Heat going out with a whimper for us I'm afraid.

Thanks Joggs. I kinda suspected that would be the case... Not for any scientific reason, but because the storms on Tuesday night were so amazing and we just aint lucky enough to be treated to great storms twice in a year - let alone twice in a week!

Posted
1 minute ago, Azazel said:

There is still much energy over England and other parts of N.France still too early to rule anything however we can also not rule out a total bust of everything else

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Definitely worth keeping an eye on those cells moving out of Rouen/Dieppe area. Look to be heading straight for London/Kent into East Anglia and Lincolnshire if they hold together. Possible MCS in the making. 

• Like 2