Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.
1 minute ago, Chris K said:

Shame it's just that bit too far North and East of us today by the looks of things! Guess I can't be too greedy though after Tues night.... 

I know what you mean but sod it... we seem to miss the good stuff quite a lot so we should be greedy 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

I may head down to Bexhill Seafront later!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective

33c here at 1pm,sweltering in me narrowboat and does look like we may get shower in next couple of hours as a lot more cloud has arrived now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

First shower arriving. 

Posted

not really expecting anything in SE Wales.. but Iv'e set up my stream -- Big cam is face ENE - little camera SE

Edited by ancientsolar
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter
31 minutes ago, Gordon Webb said:

well if it goes to forecasts and it seems to be at moment you should be in a decent spot later on

Cheers - here's hoping!

Posted

OK so I've finished work and gonna chase today tonight. Currently in Harlow Essex and wondering if I should head north and west to say Birmingham area or stay put and see what develops. 

Any advice from those with any inside knowledge please

• Like 1

Hi all--long term lurker here finally decided to start posting. I nearly choked on my breakfast when I read the storm report for today, especially this part: "Strong deep layer shear, with some backing at the low-levels, suggests a couple of supercells will be possible, capable of producing very frequent lightning, large hail 3-4cm in diameter and, if storms can remain surface-based, the risk of a tornado or two".

I can't recall a time in the past when tornados have been forecast in my area.  I am in Glasgow, and in the last hour cloud coverage has notably increased--something is definitely brewing.  I experienced a supercell for the first, and only, time while on holiday in Florida.  To say I was awe-struck would be an understatement.  I never thought I would get to experience one in my back-yard, the fact that some major convective activity is forecast has had me on here and similar sites all morning.  I will keep you all updated about how the conditions are up here, pining for some whip-cracking lightening and deep, deep rumbles of thunder like an artillery barrage.  Knowing my luck it will all end up happening 20 miles or so from wherever I happen to be!   

• Like 3

Posted

Sferic just SE of Northleach, Gloucs. A bit of activity moving up through the Eastern border of Wales, recent activity around Shabdon Aerodrome NW of Leominster and East of - Tenbury Wells.

Edited by EllyTech
typo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective

Torro - the UK's Tornado and Storm Research Organisation

4 mins · 

TORRO TORNADO WATCH 2019/005

A TORRO TORNADO WATCH has been issued at 13:55BST on Thursday 25th July 2019

Valid from/until: 13:55 - 23:59BST on Thursday 25th July 2019 for the following regions of the
United Kingdom & Ireland:

Parts of E Wales

Parts of the Midlands

N & E England

S and E Scotland

THREATS
Tornadoes, perhaps strong; hail to 60mm diameter; wind gusts to 60mph; CG lightning

SYNOPSIS

Scattered elevated thunderstorms are initiating over Herefordshire and these will move quickly north, with a risk of becoming severe in the next hour or so as they become more surface-based. Other storms are likely to form over parts of the Midlands and N England, all moving north at around 40mph. Shear will be sufficient for storm organisation, including supercells - any supercell would take more of a NNE track. Low-level shear is expected to be fairly high, especially later this afternoon/early evening - enhancing the tornado risk with any supercell which can develop. There is a small chance of a strong tornado, given the shear/instability parameter space.

Large hail is also likely with any supercell which can form, perhaps 40-60mm diameter.

Other thunderstorms are forming near Hitchin and will also move N or NNE, perhaps becoming severe with attendant risks as above.

It should be noted that, as always, many places will miss the storms entirely - overall, the highest risk of the hazards mentioned above appears to be over parts of the N Midlands and N England.

Forecaster: RPK

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

First embryonic tower just to my south... I’d say over North Shropshire. :oldrolleyes:?️

5463A6AE-426D-4D02-92C6-B9983B829BBE.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Cell to the West of Brum....heading through the Black Country.....not breaking any caps atm

290549309_thur002.thumb.jpg.ca5f43f6c74194ee3a8d218e5d69dd28.jpg

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter
2 minutes ago, Ndc Ozzie said:

Torro - the UK's Tornado and Storm Research Organisation

4 mins · 

TORRO TORNADO WATCH 2019/005

A TORRO TORNADO WATCH has been issued at 13:55BST on Thursday 25th July 2019

Valid from/until: 13:55 - 23:59BST on Thursday 25th July 2019 for the following regions of the
United Kingdom & Ireland:

Parts of E Wales

Parts of the Midlands

N & E England

S and E Scotland

THREATS
Tornadoes, perhaps strong; hail to 60mm diameter; wind gusts to 60mph; CG lightning

SYNOPSIS

Scattered elevated thunderstorms are initiating over Herefordshire and these will move quickly north, with a risk of becoming severe in the next hour or so as they become more surface-based. Other storms are likely to form over parts of the Midlands and N England, all moving north at around 40mph. Shear will be sufficient for storm organisation, including supercells - any supercell would take more of a NNE track. Low-level shear is expected to be fairly high, especially later this afternoon/early evening - enhancing the tornado risk with any supercell which can develop. There is a small chance of a strong tornado, given the shear/instability parameter space.

Large hail is also likely with any supercell which can form, perhaps 40-60mm diameter.

Other thunderstorms are forming near Hitchin and will also move N or NNE, perhaps becoming severe with attendant risks as above.

It should be noted that, as always, many places will miss the storms entirely - overall, the highest risk of the hazards mentioned above appears to be over parts of the N Midlands and N England.

Forecaster: RPK

is there a link to the map on this?

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Arnie Pie said:

Cell to the West of Brum....heading through the Black Country

290549309_thur002.thumb.jpg.ca5f43f6c74194ee3a8d218e5d69dd28.jpg

Not quite through the Black Country...just a tad further west than that right now. Still sunny here and can see it to my west...though doesn't look as close as I thought it would.

• Like 1

Posted

image.thumb.png.df1a4b7ac6d0b2ce70130dd2c1091c34.png

• Like 5

Posted

Torro map

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

That shower has just electrified. Thunder. 

• Like 1