Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Convective Weather and Snow
3 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

There is a pretty good chance I f some elevated lightning this evening... The MDT zone never usually fails to deliver the goods! Good luck! It’s our turn tonight.

Yep.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
12 minutes ago, MetWeather said:

Convective weather high risk... That's something. Is this the second time its ever happened??! What do you guys think for the south-east?

I think so. If I remember correctly the only other high risk from CW came on the 27th July last year, and they were spot on with it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Superb Forecast from estofex just inside that level 2 but the last time i was in a level 2 it was a total bust so hopefully not this time, looking forward to hopefully seeing some super cells developing

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Looking good! 

in the words of Michael buffer, “let’s get ready to rumbleeee”

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Estofex has my house in Shropshire under a level 2. But leaving to go on holiday, to arrive in Southern Germany later which is under a level 2

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms/Rain
4 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Decided on staying local tonight - heading to Pewley Hill Guildford, and maybe Wisley Airfield too. Lots of great local spots with open skies. Exciting times

Is there any shelter that you know off lol?

Will head to Worthing again otherwise. 

Posted

A bit of a dilemma in my head going on. Do I get the car keys out and take a big trip up the A1, or wait until the evening and night, when possible storms could fire up over France and the south? 

This is a toughie! I’d hate to be on a wild chase trying to catch up with cells and then miss a corker of a night show at home, but be gutted if nothing comes of tonight and there’s bedlam further north... ?‍♂️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
7 minutes ago, SalopWatcher said:

Estofex has my house in Shropshire under a level 2. But leaving to go on holiday, to arrive in Southern Germany later which is under a level 2

true but the description has it for N Wales N England and Southern Scotland , matt hugo tweeted that N Midlands N England and convective weather  has shropshire only in the slight zone so I wouldn't be too worried leaving it behind and enjoy your holiday

Edited by Gordon Webb

Posted
2 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

A bit of a dilemma in my head going on. Do I get the car keys out and take a big trip up the A1, or wait until the evening and night, when possible storms could fire up over France and the south? 

This is a toughie! I’d hate to be on a wild chase trying to catch up with cells and then miss a corker of a night show at home, but be gutted if nothing comes of tonight and there’s bedlam further north... ?‍♂️

If anyone has the dedication to drive all the way up to Scotland to chase then fair play, you deserve to see storms! 

Looks like we have a very interesting day coming up

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Interesting that Bristol is just outside that level 2. Looks like I may drive north tonight if I get home early enough. Something brewing already.

20190725_090730.jpg

20190725_090727.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
4 minutes ago, Lu. said:

Lol, not on Pewley no (or Wisley) but there are running away options like driving down into Guildford, and a few pubs quite near

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny days and balmy evenings.
43 minutes ago, Onding said:

Estofex forecast out http://www.estofex.org/

showforecast.cgi?lightningmap=yes&fcstfi

Hallelujah. The severe bit appears to be slap bang over me in West Yorkshire.... Bring It On!

• Like 4

Posted

Epsom Downs would be a good spot this evening, or possibly the open land near Woodmansterne.

Also those around Luton should get something significant - I find Luton area does well when storms are forecast for that area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms/Rain
3 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Lol, not on Pewley no (or Wisley) but there are running away options like driving down into Guildford, and a few pubs quite near

Great thanks for the heads up

i put myself into some stupid situations with the camera sometimes, purely as I’ve had no time to scope the place out. Hoping Worthing has something. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Lu. said:

Great thanks for the heads up

i put myself into some stupid situations with the camera sometimes, purely as I’ve had no time to scope the place out. Hoping Worthing has something. 

Scoping is definately useful. Twice now I’ve been caught out with manic storms going off around, and both times it was an unfamiliar area.

Guildford and surrounding areas have several really good vantage areas, and there are valleys to hide in if things get bad.

Also only 15 mins from home

Posted

Going by the decent wind shear mentioned, these storms today will not be hanging around for too long, so chasing could be a big challenge, especially at rush hour. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Storm risk has been reduced substantially here for today, i.e., it ain't gonna happen. I guess we had all our fun on Tuesday evening/night, suppose twice in one week is asking for a bit too much, but wouldn't want to get wet watching the match tonight anyway.

• Like 1

Posted

A little cell is exiting the Cherbourg peninsula right now. Wonder if this will kick start things further north? 

Posted
18 minutes ago, thestixx said:

Hallelujah. The severe bit appears to be slap bang over me in West Yorkshire.... Bring It On!

Estofex tend to nail the severe probabilities, and wow! at least a level 1 for most of us, Level 2 again... this could be fabulous! Just inside that level 2 here 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Do you think it will be worth me getting the train over to Brighton this evening, to see the stuff in the channel? 

Could be an interesting day, appears to be a little more moisture down south than was suggested yesterday, DPs across the south coast 16-20c. I think anywhere east of east Devon could get spotty thunderstorms anytime from the next couple of hours. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual
31 minutes ago, Lu. said:

oooo! keep me posted....

I will join you if you come to Worthing

But was thinking of getting the train over to Brighton cos the warning areas were East of me in Worthing.