Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Posted

The storms last night seemed a bit limited in their severe extent - albeit the lightning was spectacular! No reports of large hail or wind gusts as I understand?

Does anyone have an idea of storm capabilities tomorrow? Obviously the dew points/temps will be slightly higher than Tuesday, I suspect both this and the timing of initiation will play a part in the severity. Either way it's looking like some places (including me in the East) have a moderate chance of getting another decent lightning show...especially if convection organises itself and tracks east, fingers crossed! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
10 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

The storms last night seemed a bit limited in their severe extent - albeit the lightning was spectacular! No reports of large hail or wind gusts as I understand?

Does anyone have an idea of storm capabilities tomorrow? Obviously the dew points/temps will be slightly higher than Tuesday, I suspect both this and the timing of initiation will play a part in the severity. Either way it's looking like some places (including me in the East) have a moderate chance of getting another decent lightning show...especially if convection organises itself and tracks east, fingers crossed! 

There were some very strong gusts when the first cell came through Stoke. Exceptionally so I'd so but nothing to measure. 

Posted
16 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

Had large hail here in Bournemouht but didn't last long. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sounded like large hail here last night but it only lasted about 10 seconds. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
3 hours ago, Supacell said:

I am at work on Friday but it is a short day and so if things look good then I'll be out chasing. I will just fight through the tiredness with the help of a can of red bull on Friday morning.

It is too early to be precise but we will certainly be under the hot plume with high CAPE building through the day. I reckon we have a decent chance of something from late afternoon onwards.

I’d say it’s worth the fatigue, if you can catch up at the weekend

• Like 2

Posted
57 minutes ago, Matty88 said:

I'm thinking 2 areas of attention tomorrow. Isolated/scattered storms firing up over the pennines and a few other spots 3-9pm, might not happen at all. Then potentially more severe storms kicking off towards the south east and pushing north 9pm-12midnight....   Got a feeling somewhere like lincolnshire could get pounded tomorrow night

Edited by Harsh Climate
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Well I went to bed before the real action but was woken to thunder around 3.30 and the radar showing a massive band. So yes, it was at least as good as Eurovision 2018.

BBC, MET and NMM say tomorrow evening is best. GFS gets things going around 3pm.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Well a weak storm last night hopefully not the total for the year. Hopefully tomorrow will deliver better after I've got home from a few pints.

Posted

So we have an early warning from UKMO and a forecast from PJB (ukww), but not much interest from Convectiveweather as of yet, they are often the most accurate forecast so lets hope to see an update soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Convective Weather and Snow
Just now, LionKingGamer said:

Met Office saying that from 6pm and onwards there will be thunderstorms moving up north from Brighton towards London and above but i think its more of a now cast situation 

I think its a 'will the cap break?' situation.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, MetWeather said:

I cant see the UKWW forecast? Do you have a link please?

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/121924-convective-outlook-thursday-25th-july-2019/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Convective Weather and Snow

Posted
23 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

I thought I was too far West but i'm in the purple box again. Don't make me go out in the sweltering heat again people.

Posted

Looks like I might be in a good spot tomorrow. Hoping for some good Lincolnshire home grown if cape breaks. Should be dark as well for some photos

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
11 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I thought I was too far West but i'm in the purple box again. Don't make me go out in the sweltering heat again people.

same here, on the edge of the purple box, but this time I feel I am too far west, but yesterday most of the models had us too far east and look what happened!...all to play for

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Thunderstorms, Wind

Anyone have any info on London? It seems it is hard to see with this batch of storms when they are going to turn up and where, but with the amount of CAPE any that spark up could be big.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
3 hours ago, Arnie Pie said:

Great to feel a positive vibe in here....a few photos from this morning....using bulb release method

2125396709_sat404.thumb.jpg.811bc1b104d753335bb96a882707c73c.jpg

1583838259_sat381.thumb.jpg.0bfdd3fc8003434e6507f6fd19895218.jpg

1384789027_sat123.thumb.jpg.82a1cae4128ee412b19ee591957bb06c.jpg

392037942_sat125.thumb.jpg.dea9d2c6ea52d13cf3bf49867f11ae7a.jpg

Fantastic photos! 

I went a bit silly and just bought a D5300 to replace my old D60 and a low-light lens.

Love using iPhone to shoot storms but I’ve always envied ppl with a proper digital and who get photos like these. What camera are you using?

Hopefully tomorrow will provide a lot of practice material to work with

If anyone’s looking for a great secondhand SLR I’m selling the D60 - it’s a really good camera - I just wanted higher resolution and Bluetooth.

(PM me if interested )

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 1