Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I note that the MetO forecast for Leeds on Thursday has the thunderstorm symbols from 7pm to 10pm. Don’t think we’d be so lucky as to get two storms in one week!

Posted

Right...for the 4th time tonight....i think that's it for the night.

No....I really do this time!

Edited by Gord
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, Gord said:

Right...for the 4th time this evening....i think that's it for the night.

No....I really do this time!

still going strong here,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

Wow.... I have just been woken suddenly by the loudest thunder I have ever head out of absolutely nowhere...

It’s going pretty strong out there which considering I didn’t think we’d get anything is an achievement

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and breezy with a bit of cloud, about 20C

It’s like my own little private storm, separate from the rest

62438237-58D3-4588-B2AD-9F8494E01CB8.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

so much for a western event only in parts of Northern England It Extends From W To E Coast

• Like 2

Posted

After the main storm-front here it was sporadic lightning every 5 to 10 mins with backbuilding convection amongst the rainmass, looked to have been picking up again at 4:30am but i'm fairly confident to say now that it's over and done for here. I won't be forgetting tonight in a hurry, anyone else noticed the storm-front was moving more NE than forecast? kind of a good thing in a way as more of the UK got to see at least something than had the storms moved directly north as predicted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
6 minutes ago, SNOW_JOKE said:

After the main storm-front here it was sporadic lightning every 5 to 10 mins with backbuilding convection amongst the rainmass, looked to have been picking up again at 4:30am but i'm fairly confident to say now that it's over and done for here. I won't be forgetting tonight in a hurry, anyone else noticed the storm-front was moving more NE than forecast? kind of a good thing in a way as more of the UK got to see at least something than had the storms moved directly north as predicted.

I noticed it was moving FAST.

Realised tonight that while it’s great to be in the most active area of an MCS it’s also savage. Rain was a real issue - couldn’t escape it - and also had no idea where stuff was building or going.

Early evening storms are more my thing for sure roll on thurs...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Blimey a thunderstorm. A weak affair but a storm it was

Edited by The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Didn’t really get any good pics. All a little blurred and the storms weren’t as photogenic as hoped

91820E8E-F326-4393-BDEB-7F3652E13B8B.jpeg

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Big storms here 3 in total with each one getting worse, certain there will be bad flooding again, frequent lightning, INTENSE rain/hail, gusty winds, loud thunder, gutters overflowing, have been up all night so hopefully can get some sleep now 

Posted
1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Big storms here 3 in total with each one getting worse, certain there will be bad flooding again, frequent lightning, INTENSE rain/hail, gusty winds, loud thunder, gutters overflowing, have been up all night so hopefully can get some sleep now 

Was same in Edinburgh last night too, that’s 3 or 4 really big lightning storms we’ve had in the last month 

• Like 1

The best thunderstorms I have ever experienced last night in the UK. Not ever but in the UK... That title is held by the Storms I witnessed at night in France.. 

Started seeing flashes around 11pm by about 12:30-1am it was constant as in you couldn't count the seconds before there was lightning.. Overhead in cloud, gloud to ground, crawlers you name it.. 

The thunder was only really evident from the cloud to ground and over head in cloud.. 

Rain very minimul as I thought.. But the extent of the lightning is something I've never witnessed in the UK before.. Absoultey stunning.. 

I have plenty of videos and will pull up cctv later to see what it caught.. Incredible stuff 

• Like 6

Posted

Stunning show here, went out circa 11-30 and got back in at 4, have never seen lightning like it, constant light show, like strobe lighting in a disco. Very few CG strikes which made taking pictures not easy. First storm that went through, we had no rain, we then had hail and torrential rain from another cell. A lovely lightshow

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

After watching some pockets of cloud development form and vanish, I didn't have much hopes for last night.

Thankfully I was wrong.

Lovely light show all around me, with some closer strikes that gave me some thunder. Some heavy rain.

The next storm wasn't a direct hit, but started off with constant lightning and low rumbles, then some very heavy rain and hail..

When I peered out the window at the back the house, next door was still up and they had left some washing outside. 

opps. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Probably doesn't do it justice, this is the back edge , 2nd storm that appeared around 03.30am

Eurosat loop showing it burst into enormous...

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

Edited by matty40s
  • Like 1