Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Posted
1 minute ago, Jordan Naylor said:

I'm surprised! I'm looking south and could see a number of distant CG's, but they may have been more over the Wigan/Skem areas. Was probably 40/60 CG to CC

We had two or three CG and that was itm most of it was elevated. Was hoping to get a good lightning shot but it's nice to finally have a decent storm at night even if it was short 

Posted
Just now, TJS1998Tom said:

We had two or three CG and that was itm most of it was elevated. Was hoping to get a good lightning shot but it's nice to finally have a decent storm at night even if it was short 

Just as I typed that I saw one but didn't have my camera ready ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Hey guy's I Am new here but there is a mega storm going on just outside of Cramlington Northumberland i am sat in my bedroom recording this coming over Cramlington on my phone in a stand in my window its absolutely amazing stuff ! 

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all bleary eyes here in Lincolnshire woken up with electrical storms or storms passing through my area in the past half hour, plenty of noise and lightening however it does appear we are just on the fringe of the front as it moves NE.

LO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Awoken by lightning and thunder, busy little electrical storm with a lot of lighting high up and behind cloud. Some nice forks as storm moved off, one heavy thunder rumble that shook the ground but was a fair distance away. Sharp heavy shower as well. Slowly moving north but a short while ago lightningmaps.org showed a lot of the UK covered in current or echoes of strikes, quite an outbreak.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

What a night it’s been for many. Yet again, a massive eastward shift on what was previously forecasted! Areas such as Norfolk and Suffolk are getting a heck of a show. Probably the most least likely areas to do so, prior to this! 

The acrobatics of the lightning have been something else! Plenty of anvil crawlers and some epic CG’s! 

Feels absolutely tropical out there still though!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Belper storm drought has ended. Nice storm with some good bolts on approach and quite frequent lightning. Once it arrived it was over in minutes so I tried to chase it, but that was a silly idea. It is still raining heavily but no lightning left. 

I see there is more to the south though.

• Like 2

Posted

Still going in Brum. This second wave is lasting longer, and seems to re-intensify with four bouts now of increased lightning and torrential rain. All in all, two and a half hours of thunderstorms! Possibly the best I've seen in a very long while!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

It’s mostly moved on now but we’re still getting sporadic big flashes - the latest one literally shook the house! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Amazing sky with this back end front near Northampton, nonstop 

Posted

Very frequent lightning and thunder here. Some of the lightning at the moment is pretty spectacular with the odd bit of gunshot thunder with it. Rains gone really heavy just now too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
7 minutes ago, TJS1998Tom said:

Is the 2nd batch near Leicester worth staying up for?

Yes. Definitely looks like it’s maintaining intensity! Seeing flashes from it now all over the southern skyline! 

Posted

Some small but very potent cells just popped up around here in the past half hour.

A little cluster of them all over Birmingham and the Black Country.

I love this. Just the slightest hint of development and suddenly you've got an angry little storm on your hands!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 minute ago, Gord said:

Some small but very potent cells just popped up around here in the past half hour.

A little cluster of them all over Birmingham and the Black Country.

I love this. Just the slightest hint of development and suddenly you've got an angry little storm on your hands!

Aye here too it seems, flashes not just to my east now