Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Absolute bonus tonight, smaller scale than on the south coast but some cracking strikes and a couple of snaps to boot. Happy days!! 

Posted

Do feel sorry for those who've missed out - looks like Rutland got the shaft and I think Norfolk has missed out, though hopeefully the band in Suffolk will go that way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty and fresh
1 minute ago, James1979 said:

a couple of snaps to boot

third ones my favourite

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Round 2 : I'm seeing distant flashes to the south .

Diverted passenger planes for East Midlands airport (due to the storm) passing overhead now in bound in to Birmingham .

A few parcels planes that need to go into East Midlands now doing loops over the area .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
1 minute ago, moorlander said:

third ones my favourite

Cheers! They're stills from recordings - shame I cant upload the video as it was almost shot gun thunder with it as well. 

Posted

Am just standing here at the back door swearing a lot.

Cant remember seeing a storm as bad as this in the UK- just effing incredible!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Rain easing off now. No more lightning for a while. Hopefully there’s more to come. 

Posted

Just starting to hear rumbles from the second wave, as I'm uploading video from the first one. Quality's not great, but did catch the gust front coming through, which was mental.

• Like 2

Posted
23 minutes ago, RobR said:

Do we have a part two to come? First lots moved off. I sense more coming.

Hmm, could be but it might be another hour away or so, and I can feel the tiredness setting in now the air from outside feels somewhat cooler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
Just now, Ruck Bodgers said:

Hmm, could be but it might be another hour away or so, and I can feel the tiredness setting in now the air from outside feels somewhat cooler

My alarm was set for 04.30. I may go into work later now instead!

Torrential rain here now, with frequent IC lightning. Not much thunder I was just typing, then a huge shotgun blast outta nowhere! Must've been a close cg!

Posted
17 minutes ago, Ruck Bodgers said:

Aye, I cant remember the exact year, but I was definitely lot younger, where I still lived here but I remember seeing multiple storms going off in different directions, one strike resembling the filament of an incandescent bulb across the sky very vividly. Must have been early noughties or late nineties, just cant recall!

The last big one I remember is from about 20ish years ago at least, that has stuck with me, mainly because it came from the East, which is something that I'd never seen before or since, (for those that are unfamiliar with the location were on the western edge of the southern tip of the Pennines so any T-storms or easterly weather tends to get stuck on the other side) As it was getting closer I could start to make out a massive wall cloud in-front of it like something from a 'tornado/weather program' So ran inside excitedly to try and get my parents to come out and see it  .  But was greeted with the 'I don't care about a cloud the Sunday Dinners done now sit down' from my Mother so I was forced to miss the awesome storm because of Sunday Dinner  

Edited by Ryukai

Posted

Can also hear the second lot approaching. Looks a bit messier on the radar, but judging by the reports further south, it should still be good.

Could be the last one tonight too...so enjoy it!

Edited by Gord
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Moderate rain here with lightning all around me.

Posted

It's just reached me in South Lincolnshire. Lightning frequently and big bang's of thunder. Quite heavy rain as well. Do I need to unplug electronic things from plug sockets????

Posted
1 minute ago, Stephanie Starr said:

It's just reached me in South Lincolnshire. Lightning frequently and big bang's of thunder. Quite heavy rain as well. Do I need to unplug electronic things from plug sockets????

I did.

But there was no cloud to ground strikes around here, so 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

I remember one from about 20ish years ago at least, that has stuck with me, mainly because it came from the East, which is something that I'd never seen before or since, (for those that are unfamiliar with the location were on the western edge of the southern tip of the Pennines so any T-storms or easterly weather tends to get stuck on the other side) As it was getting closer I could start to make out a massive wall cloud in-front of it like something from a 'tornado/weather program' So ran inside excitedly to try and get my parents to come out and see it  .  But was greeted with the 'I don't care about a cloud the Sunday Dinners done now sit down' from my Mother so I was forced to miss the awesome storm because of Sunday Dinner  

I think I remember that storm it was a late Sunday Afternoon and it was playing utter havoc with the then NEW Digital TV reception if i recall. Sorry to hear those around you don't appreciate the wonders of nature as much as we do!

Posted

Round 2 only just arriving, but my attention has just been drawn to the southwest of Hereford where a round 3 could be developing?

Edited by Gord
  • Like 1