Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Posted
37 minutes ago, CCJD1983 said:

@SarahWxmHoly moly just sat on the door step an massive cloud to cloud low to right above me. I felt it and heard the buzz! Too dangerous out there!  I have the cell by Wrexham over head! And one to the left! I felt the heat and heard the buzz! Too close that was

Wow that’s awesome. I’ve ducked a few times as well as felt it was too close haha. Such an amazing storm!! So much thunder and lightning. Like a kid on Christmas morning but gonna regret it at 8am when I need to go to work lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
3 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Anyone else noticed how fast these forks are?

lightning fast.....I'll fetch me coat lol

round 5, yes 5, incoming!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Never known lightning this frequent before lol!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, RobR said:

To be fair I was lying in bed north facing so didn't realise. I'm on Norton Heights and can see over to Burslem and it's impressive now.

Yup, I can see it! Definitely just heard thunder then. Lol, sorry didn't realise you were in bed before hehe

Posted
25 minutes ago, Robert Lewis said:

The M3 corridor looks very sparse for lightning strikes.

Yea there was no direct hit here. We only had a little rain really. (In storm terms!). We were in the split but didn't wake kids. Saw tons of lightning and heard distant thunder though

Posted

Looks like that's round one coming to a close. Short but sweet. Not constant lightning but very bright and impressive when it appeared. 

Still getting flashes and rumbles to the north but diminishing all the time. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Really ramping up, some superb CG strikes in the distance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Was not expecting to see this up here, such powerfully bright and frequent flashes and seems to be getting closer. What a bonus! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

Oh my. That was epic. Best storm I've ever seen. Just under 3hrs of light shows and thunder interspersed with bursts of biblical rain. Just wow!

P.S. For those under it's path...enjoy! 

Edited by Mizzle
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Must agree, a very large MCS particularly for UK standards anyway. Seems like there may be a developing squall line at the front; whilst on the back-edge it is evident the outflow of the MCS is developing new weaker storms.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds

I only got a taster, that’s London done. Had a couple of big booms which made me jump and a good 45 mins of heavy rain. Lots of flickering out west but couldn’t see far enough out the window. Bit disappointing, thought it would spread out more as it came closer but unfortunately it didn’t. You guys out west sound like your having a cracking time! (Get it?) saw some amazing lightning on the Portsmouth warrior cam too so at least I knew how intense these beasts were!

13 minutes ago, ChezWeather said:

Im heading out at 2:00 am, sod it, still looks active enough to the South of here! 

I’m out! Got a nice view to the south and southwest and I’m seeing sporadic lightning ? 

hope it keeps up/ramps up the intensity

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

I can see distant flashes to my S and W,it won't be long now.

@Norfolk Sheep,the eastern extent looks good for you now,there are rapid developments in that area,i hope that you will get a storm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Hail and frequent lightning now in South Cheshire 

C.S

Posted

Short but very sweet here, with one very loud boom.

Round one is clearing off now...looks like a slightly smaller and more scattered round 2 to come. But probably still impressive...hopefully!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Really ramping up, some superb CG strikes in the distance. Winds are mental too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Wowww yess I have well and truly had my storm fix! And so many others too! 

We set out around 9:45ish, drove down to Steep hill cove which is in Ventnor just South of the Island. Got on to the beach and could already see the distant Lightning from the developing storms South of the Channel. Most of it was intra cloud and also the odd Positive CG was starting to pop as they were getting nearer. By the time the cells were about 40/50 miles South of the Island, new areas of cells were blowing up quick. We then drove right back through to Brading Downs, to get a view across Sandown bay and towards Ventnor. By this point the Lightning was getting very close and very frequent and from that point the Lightning was dancing around all over the place. The first wave of storms were very dry and barely any rain fell, but then the 2nd wave we drove to Ryde Pier Head North East of the Island to get a view of the back edge of the 1st wave but also keeping an eye on the 2nd wave behind us.

At this time, the Lightning was looking so cool, so make out more CGS which most were Positive, extremely bright! Also Anvil Crawlers, spidery looking Lightning. Then the 2nd wave arrived which had a lot more rain with it along with very frequent Lightning as well! We then started to drive towards Culver down and drove through some incredibly torrential Rain along with some Hail mixed in!! Once we arrived to Culver the 2nd wave cleared through and then that was it for us, but we enjoyed the Lightning show as it moved further away to the North! 

• Like 3