Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual
18 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

I’m going to TRY to sleep in this soupy, ludicrously sultry heat; There seems to be no point in staying up, as I’ve only seen a few very distant flashes. I don’t generally tend to be negative, as I enjoy seeing other people around me be happy. The same goes for this forum. But tonight... has been incredibly frustrating for the East Sussex coastline. I am feeling quite irritated, and sullen.

I am still very happy for all the storm starved peeps this morning! I’m glad you are getting a good show. Now, let’s see if I can even begin to fall asleep...

To be fair, East Sussex got a storm last time ;] 

Rain has fallen, temperature is still 19.3here,but feels more like 30!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, RobR said:

First flashes in Stoke now on the horizon.

Been seeing lightning a lot longer than that here mate (distant, elevated stuff mind), thought you'd see a good'un if you're up on the hill in Norton!

Posted
47 minutes ago, Ruck Bodgers said:

Looking to my west, I can see elevated lightning coming from that cell in Wrexham, Distant, but visible, with clear skies above me in Stoke!

I'm in Norton about half way up the hill so got an amazing view to the South and SE (or did rather, Mothers just chucked me out of her bedroom because she wants to go bed, honestly some people ;D ).  Looks like these are going to miss us just to the west (as per usual) though I did see a couple flashes towards Hanley way.  If we get anything it'll be from that direction so I'm crossing my fingers.

Edited by Ryukai

Posted

Quite frequent lightning at Birmingham Airport...with sound. Scroll back to the top and press play again when the live stream goes off

https://cam.airlive.net/bhx/

Edited by OddSpot
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just noticed one of the videos I posted earlier was the wrong one so here's the one I was going to post. This was on the clifftop looking south. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Amazing- I can see the tops of the clouds and loads of ic lightning bolts all the way from st neots!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Tremendous show here in Bewdley for the last 10-15 minutes. Almost constant thunder and an amazing strobe-show as well. Absolutely bucketing down, too (had a look on the NW radar and the echoes are white, which doesn't surprise me one bit!) though it's slackening off a little as I type.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
3 minutes ago, tomp456 said:

To be fair, East Sussex got a storm last time ;] 

Rain has fallen, temperature is still 19.3here,but feels more like 30!

But... Last time was technically a bust too, given the Synoptics & potential that was on offer... But yes, you are right in the fact that I did witness the nocturnal storm of a lifetime in June.  I’m probably just slightly irritable because of the outlandish heat; It’s still 24c here!!!!!! Goodnight everyone, and again, I’m very happy for you all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
1 minute ago, James1979 said:

Amazing- I can see the tops of the clouds and loads of ic lightning bolts all the way from st neots!! 

You should see the lightning away to the south as well, around St Albans.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms/Rain

Well I bailed Bournemouth & shot back home to Portsmouth. The lightening was unreal. Mostly IC with the odd bolt. Until it came ashore, probably the most dangerous one I’ve been out in. 

More so to the point I ran back to the car the bolts followed by the sound/vibration was too close.

My ears were ringing

However managed to get some great shots which I’ll post tomorrow.

stay safe whoever has it to come! 

• Like 4

Posted

East Merseyside and we have just had first flash of lightning followed by pretty long rumble of thunder! Fingers and toes crossed for more

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

I'm in Norton about half way up the hill so got an amazing view to the South and SE.  Looks like these are going to miss us just to the west (as per usual) though I did see a couple flashes towards Hanley way.  If we get anything it'll be from that direction so I'm crossing my fingers.

I can't tell from the maps if the stuff coming from the South or the stuff coming from shropshire way is going to hit us first. It looks like its creeping eastwards slightly towards us in Stoke, and as i'm typing this im sure I just heard very faint distant thunder!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Moderate rain a few rumbles of thunder now. Died out a little 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather
7 minutes ago, Ruck Bodgers said:

Been seeing lightning a lot longer than that here mate (distant, elevated stuff mind), thought you'd see a good'un if you're up on the hill in Norton!

To be fair I was lying in bed north facing so didn't realise. I'm on Norton Heights and can see over to Burslem and it's impressive now.