Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
1 minute ago, Azazel said:

Broke my storm duct in serious style here tonight. Dare I say it, that was even better than the Bournemouth supercell of 2015 as it was a direct hit.

Didnt get much in the way of photography as most of the lightning was high based and cc, but it was flashing honestly at 3-4 per second at some points.

Seemed to take an age to move closer but suddenly it picked up steam and with a tremendous roar of rain we bolted for the cars.

it was at this point CGs started raining down all around and anvil crawlers kept lighting up the sky directly over the head to the point it was blinding at times and looked like broad daylight.

I started to panic and chucked my keys in the boot with my tripod and couldn’t drive anywhere. The thunder was absolutely constant now and lightning flashes were all I could see in my peripheral vision. It was a bit like a stereotypical horror film. I started becoming hysterical and climbed into the boot via the parcel shelf to retrieve my keys at which point we drove out of there (up high on a hill with tall trees all around)

the drive back to Andover was like something out of an apocalypse movie. The horizon constantly lighting up, CG’s thudding down everywhere. Trees down in the road.

it was terrifying and glorious. 

so then, just to clear up any confusion, you're saying you had a bit of a thundery shower? :crazy:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms/Rain
39 minutes ago, evans1892 said:

Ridiculous rain on Portsmouth Harbour cam.

That was absolute mayhem for 10 minutes. It literally came from no where & the gusts where immense  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
4 minutes ago, A.J said:

'scuse the language but all I can say is 'holy shitpants!!!!'.........what a round 3!.....power went down, roiling clouds spewing out copious bolts of lightning, CG's, anvil crawlers, biiiiiig hail, enough water to make me think we'd been hit by a tsunami.........oh, and hello, here's come round 4 to my south! 

Sorry, but you should be limited to two rounds until everyone has had a round one....

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, A.J said:

so then, just to clear up any confusion, you're saying you had a bit of a thundery shower? :crazy:

Oh man. I concur with whoever posted earlier saying this felt like the most dangerous storm they’ve ever been in. The lightning frequency was intense. There’s no way I could’ve stayed out in that open field in any longer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

the biggest story of the night though is the serious outbreak of measels in central southern england....alarming!

lghtning.thumb.png.347bb36d3071bf62aa40a7eb2375a2ff.png

• Like 1

Posted

I find it hard to convey the size of the thing when it was approaching the coast. Being 40 miles inland, the whole southern horizon was lit up by flashes and you could just see this one giant, solid, well-defined anvil.

some interesting structure to it too as it moved ashore.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters

Constant thunder and lightning here in Wrexham and some light rain. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Still going here, though the most intense part seems to be heading north of us. But its still constantly flashing and raining hard. Loud enough thunder to wake my children and looking at the lights in the street plenty more.... not been as relaxed as I was sitting in the garden for a hour watching it approach for a long time. Got to love weather. 

It’s holding together nicely too so north of here right in the firing line. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive

Looks like a lot of you had fun! Well done. I think we're done here in my area. Time to hit the sack. Good watching the rest of you!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

The latest Sat24 satellite image:

7A1FD4C5-5114-4CC3-B84E-EBBFC99BE4DD.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds

Why am I hearing a siren in the distanice, not an emergency vehicle? Sounds like a bloody tornado siren???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

First flashes in Stoke now on the horizon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Distant thunder here now from a cell  to the south. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

The discrete London storm has a bit of life, hopefully it can tap into something when it shakes off the crap behind it!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Azazel said:

I find it hard to convey the size of the thing when it was approaching the coast. Being 40 miles inland, the whole southern horizon was lit up by flashes and you could just see this one giant, solid, well-defined anvil.

some interesting structure to it too as it moved ashore.

Certainly one of the better lightning displays I've seen, comparable to storms I've seen in the tropics as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Frequent flashes and some quite constant rumbles in Solihull now. Gone quite mad out their! 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Distant thunder heard here

Needs to come bit more east to Stoke, still not heard anything yet, just seen stuff

Posted

Seeing first elevated flashes to my SSE. Going out to garden now to watch.