Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Can't sleep because I know the electrical stuff is on the way. Got up and outside it's still, half the sky shows stars but to the west and south are clouds, lit every so often by intense flashes, yet no sound of thunder yet. Won't be long! Very hot.

• Like 1

Posted

Biblical rain lasted about 10 minutes and now the lightning is moving away, it was most concentrated around Bath/Limpley Stoke about 2 miles west of me which probably explains why there was no gunshot booms of thunder but definitely some of the most frequent lightning.

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Cracking off a lovely storm over Brighton now.Gorgous forks and deep booming thunder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Just now, Andy Pepler said:

how bloody epic was that AJ ...:) might have round 2 aswell 

round 2?....how about round 3, there's a new storm developing in situ, rightt overhead, still no ppn, although the multicell cluster over salibury plain might soon change that!...looks especially nasty!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds

Is...London....out of it???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
3 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

This is unbelievable. I'm so... deeply disappointed... 

I share your pain. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

yup, here's come some big hail!

Posted

Can see thunderstorm off to south west- bit of a pain as it requires leaning out the window to see it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, Arnie Pie said:

seeing flashes to my W now.....must be Ludlow

I'm still seeing it from 3 separate directions , the flashes over the back of Dudley are getting quite bright now 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, A.J said:

round 2?....how about round 3, there's a new storm developing in situ, rightt overhead, still no ppn, although the multicell cluster over salibury plain might soon change that!...looks especially nasty!

got to be a 20 year storm AJ 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The lightning from the Brighton cell is bright from here and getting closer. Can also see occasional flashes from the SW London cells. Gorgeous to watch. Just hoping the Brighton cell makes it here.

Posted

East Hampshire bordon is producing lightning in every direction. Absolutely incredible outside. Definitely staying up to enjoy this more.  Looks like a scene out of twister. Where's the f5?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Exeter Storm... welcome to Shrewsbury... it’s kicked off... flashing every few second and lound thunder.... this is going to be great!!! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
1 minute ago, evans1892 said:

Ridiculous rain on Portsmouth Harbour cam.

This one? http://www.camsecure.co.uk/portsmouth_harbour_webcam.html 

I think there's still lightning on there but the rains so heavy it's difficult to tell.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Andy Pepler said:

got to be a 20 year storm AJ 

Can see the Salisbury Plain storm now to the south and the one moving into the Cotswolds to the north 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Check out the development on the eastern flank - west London the target area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms
17 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Must have been so close to a downpour and hail but rain barely wetted the ground! Gust front and associated lightning will stay in my mind forever! However the most amazing aspect is the speed of the storm! I’d hazard a guess at 60 to 75mph!

You literally are not far off.  These storms are moving at 45-50knots (51-58mph) and with tops of FL380. 

Phenomena:  Frequent thunderstorm(s)  Valid from:  Tue 23 Jul 2019 - 21:47 UTCValid to:  Wed 24 Jul 2019 - 00:30 UTC

EGTT SIGMET 01 VALID 232147/240030 EGRR- EGTT LONDON FIR FRQ TS FCST WI N5022 W00144 - N5022 W00033 - N5000 W00036 - N5000 W00148 - N5022 W00144 TOP FL380 MOV NNE 25KT NC=

Phenomena:  Frequent thunderstorm(s) with hail  Valid from:  Tue 23 Jul 2019 - 22:12 UTCValid to:  Wed 24 Jul 2019 - 00:30 UTC

EGTT SIGMET 02 VALID 232212/240030 EGRR- EGTT LONDON FIR FRQ TSGR FCST WI N5100 W00343 - N5100 W00306 - N5026 W00307 - N5027 W00343 - N5100 W00343 TOP FL380 MOV N 50KT NC=

Phenomena:  Frequent thunderstorm(s) with hail  Valid from:  Tue 23 Jul 2019 - 23:04 UTCValid to:  Wed 24 Jul 2019 - 03:00 UTC

EGTT SIGMET 03 VALID 232304/240300 EGRR- EGTT LONDON FIR FRQ TSGR FCST WI N5000 W00200 - N4940 W00345 - N5056 W00451 - N5206 W00307 - N5010 E00012 - N5000 W00015 - N5000 W00200 TOP FL380 MOV N 45KT NC=

• Like 2

Posted

Looking to my west, I can see elevated lightning coming from that cell in Wrexham, Distant, but visible, with clear skies above me in Stoke!