Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds

70strikes a minute for those northern France cells! They are potent little beasts. Some more lightning scattering further around them as well

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, Snow, Thunder, cold crisp ice days

Retro lighting alert.....just to get you in the mood....This was taken on my phone from my bedroom window a few years ago,  no special effects     no filters  just a plain love of storms. It was a day when three big storms hit us. for tonight ⚡

FB_IMG_1519741549153.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms
Just now, LightningLover said:

But remember 28-29th May...? It all panned out out fairly similar to this, and the storms had an even longer crossing to make then! Additionally, we have much better ingredients in place tonight... It became a Full blown MCS!

Posted
1 minute ago, Supacell said:

I am staying put, or at least local. Not a bad omen, it is just that I think Belper/Derby may do ok tonight and I have no idea which way to go if I did chase. I have flashbacks to 4th July 2015 whereby I went out chasing  despite things looking good for Derbyshire. I saw the storm but only caught the tail end where Derby got hammered. I could have saved petrol and got a better show. Tonight looks similar.

Gloucester is definitely a good bet though, well into the best risks on all forecasts

is my strong thought of the storms heading south east delusional or more of a possibility now, i have high hopes, just asking for more info from you

Posted
Just now, Thundershine said:

The MetOffice have removed the lightning symbols from the weather forecast for my area just in the last hour. Why is that?

If you are looking at an app, the 'they' as in the humans that interpret the models, have not removed the symbol, just the computer interpreted a model and updated the graphic. Those apps are worthless for situations like this

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Thundershine said:

The MetOffice have removed the lightning symbols from the weather forecast for my area just in the last hour. Why is that?

They may have fallen off, they never could get those little symbols to stay on the board 
Seriously though, more a case of just watching the satellite now and hope for the best.

• Like 2

Posted

These two cells... look tasty!

The line of cells behind the first one, looks like it may produce a lot of lightning/ hail.

Also it better not turn out to be a Kent Clipper, I'll scream.

tasty.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Whoops, I was supposed to quote you, @Flash bang flash bang etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.

As others have said, the heat and humidity is horrible this evening... But we have got a loaded gun atmosphere.

This is either gonna go bang big time, or there’s gonna be a lot of disappointed people in the morning. 

I’m praying it goes bang. ?️:oldrolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
28 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

I’ll just drive home ?‍♂️

Oh gawd sake don’t on the back of my post - I was just observing what blitzortung suggests not where I think activity will erupt...incredibly more stuff firing east of that lot too by the looks of things.

Also...aghast I am to see this overhead - not AcCas but a step in the right direction (out of nowhere)

0C7CE373-953E-435B-BF45-66347AF8EA13.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

I'm using Jupiter as a reference for clouds building out to sea, and it's just disappeared!

Are we about to have liftoff? 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and dry, thunderstorms, mild temps (13-22°C).
Just now, PhilM1 said:

If you are looking at an app, the 'they' as in the humans that interpret the models, have not removed the symbol, just the computer interpreted a model and updated the graphic. Those apps are worthless for situations like this

It was the website on a PC, not sure if that's the same as the app though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Surely it cant be long now before things start popping off

Posted

I don't recall this sort of "us Vs them" posting a few weeks ago when the SE had a storm event infact I think the rest of us were happily watching the action on webcams...

Anyway back on topic, very muggy here, waiting patiently, going to be a long night I think

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

There is a bit of a cap in place at moment, once the air cools a bit more then it will go bang.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Oh gawd sake don’t on the back of my post - I was just observing what blitzortung suggests not where I think activity will erupt...incredibly more stuff firing east of that lot too by the looks of things.

Also...aghast I am to see this overhead - not AcCas but a step in the right direction (out of nowhere)

0C7CE373-953E-435B-BF45-66347AF8EA13.jpeg

Ah yeah, these are the sort of clouds I was seeing earlier.

Things are looking more promising for us in the SE...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
4 minutes ago, Supacell said:

I am staying put, or at least local. Not a bad omen, it is just that I think Belper/Derby may do ok tonight and I have no idea which way to go if I did chase. I have flashbacks to 4th July 2015 whereby I went out chasing  despite things looking good for Derbyshire. I saw the storm but only caught the tail end where Derby got hammered. I could have saved petrol and got a better show. Tonight looks similar.

Gloucester is definitely a good bet though, well into the best risks on all forecasts

I LIKE

We have had some rain this afternoon, Nothing much. Its VERY windy, but clear currently.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Most models don't suggest the main bulk of storms to initiate for another hour or two yet, where it shows them exploding to life across parts of S Wales, Devon, W country and C/S England, before expanding N/NE eventually swinging NW towards Scotland. Plenty of time yet.

Edited by Chris K
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
1 minute ago, SkyDreamer said:

These two cells... look tasty!

The line of cells behind the first one, looks like it may produce a lot of lightning/ hail.

Also it better not turn out to be a Kent Clipper, I'll scream.

tasty.jpg

You’re living up to your name

I honestly think they will outrun the instability pocket as they move NE - like the uppermost cell seems to have done

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dangerous55019 said:

As others have said, the heat and humidity is horrible this evening... But we have got a loaded gun atmosphere.

This is either gonna go bang big time, or there’s gonna be a lot of disappointed people in the morning. 

I’m praying it goes bang. ?️:oldrolleyes:

I’m gonna be mega peed off if nothing happens now lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, strong winds

Anyone know any good webcams for Le Havre faces Cherbourg or in Caen or something near those cells in Northern France?