Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, high teens to low 20's,sunny and convective

Just got let out of work early and looking good towards the SW

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

Hello guys. New member here, although I've been posting on UKWW for years under a similar username so you may recognise me from there. 

Goes without saying I'm hoping Southampton area or somewhere I can drive in less than an hour is in the firing zone later! Good luck everyone

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Snow, Snow and Cold

Current sky looking south, some spots of rain as well.

5FB3A3FD-9A9A-43E5-89B4-6FE2202295AB.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

No prizes for guessing where this is

CropperCapture[3].jpg

Posted
31 minutes ago, Quicksilver1989 said:

Meto radar seems bullish on storms later

image.thumb.png.c032a2e4b961d73b89b06b4c62e8aa36.png

Storms moving up from Cornwall whilst a second batch forms further east over the IOW and moves North.

Shame its being so sluggish though, it may lose its spark by the time it reaches Hull as it'll be so late in the night...

I'll take that. Fishing in Harlow but if it goes bang within 50 miles of here the chase is on!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

guess a lot of people in the Uk, won't be sleeping tonight, unless they have A/C

would be nice to think that heat and humidity is all you need, but ingredients need to come together to make storms. Not sure about this, not looking as good as it did 24 hours ago

Posted

Some anvil looking cloud forming to the North'ish Heading Manchester way! 

IMG_0606.thumb.JPG.afc7a8ebdf5bb74b81ebe3ab8ce93f12.JPG

Posted

There is potential for cells to pop-up over the SE and the London Area.

On radar, you can see showers starting to pop-up in the Channel moving in a N-NE direction. Moving towards the areas Brighton and Portsmouth and the in-between areas too.

So ruling out storms developing in the SE just because the skies look cloudless now, is a bit... stupid. These events are always hard to predict and I have no doubt that many in risk areas will be disappointed by the lack of storms.

There seems to be plenty of energy in the atmosphere though for elevated storms to pop-up anywhere really in Southern half of the UK this evening. I'll be happy if I see one flash of Lightning in the distance... Fingers Crossed!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Reading between the lines of some of the posts on UKWW I feel that the SW tonight may well act a little like the continent did a couple of weeks ago with the last ‘failed’ plume - draining much of the available instability through a series of ‘early starter’ cells which will grow rapidly and provide a real show for those around Bristol and South Wales, but limiting the longevity and potency of storms later/earlier in the night/morning.

Regarding the south east - I really do fear that you’ll have to be patient and wait until at least Thursday for something localised.

its a real pain in the moobs to make the journey westwards but tonight it seems like it’s the only option of you want some late night bangflash before the week’s out...  

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

Think it’s going to be boom time soon in sw brum 

F5AAFE2C-832D-42D6-9E3B-09C1FC59E18A.jpeg

DAD0C12A-C182-4BC6-B111-DC1DC092314E.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, Tornado's, Heavy snowfall, Thunderstorms

Just had literally a handful of spots of rain, also clouds look to be thinning a little towards the west and south-west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow
1 minute ago, SkyDreamer said:

There is potential for cells to pop-up over the SE and the London Area.

On radar, you can see showers starting to pop-up in the Channel moving in a N-NE direction. Moving towards the areas Brighton and Portsmouth and the in-between areas too.

So ruling out storms developing in the SE just because the skies look cloudless now, is a bit... stupid. These events are always hard to predict and I have no doubt that many in risk areas will be disappointed by the lack of storms.

There seems to be plenty of energy in the atmosphere though for elevated storms to pop-up anywhere really in Southern half of the UK this evening. I'll be happy if I see one flash of Lightning in the distance... Fingers Crossed!

Sat24 does show some cloud moving up toward the south and southeast anyway. I now have a good view of the cloud waay of in the west so even if we don't get anything overhead tonight we might get some off in the distance.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

Having a late dinner near Christchurch Dorset in New Forest. First proper chase I’ve done in a couple years I think. Fingers bloody crossed. May well head west and to the coast after this. A lot of patience and waiting involved! 

• Like 3

Posted

Can see south and south west and east across from the purbeck rapid developments happening all across the channel from what I can visually see. Definilty building 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
30 minutes ago, Onding said:

Here is the view from Sheffield, looking SW.

IMG-2376.JPG

Cloud not as thick in Leeds yet but it’s literally developed since 8 (completely clear before).

Posted
Just now, summer blizzard said:

Cloud not as thick in Leeds yet but it’s literally developed since 8 (completely clear before).

Certainly building over this way fingers crossed Leeds gets something long over due.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
1 minute ago, Rapodo said:

Time to now head out to kimmerage I'm now very confident it will happen here. 

Anybody fishing down there? On the right hand side ledges and the opposite side, under Clavell tower?

Posted

Personally I don't think anything will go bang for another couple of hours... but could be wrong. Who knows!

That's what I love about "storm" nights, the uncertainity and fickleness of mother nature is awesome... but an actual storm would be amazing!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)
1 minute ago, SkyDreamer said:

Personally I don't think anything will go bang for another couple of hours... but could be wrong. Who knows!

That's what I love about "storm" nights, the uncertainity and fickleness of mother nature is awesome... but an actual storm would be amazing!

It gives me anxiety, hope and depression all at the same time lol, its exciting but when its a bust I feel so down afterwards. 

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

The storms leaving northern Spain look like they’re heading towards SE England (if they last that long).