Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Roscoff webcam.

Screenshot_20190723-142426_Samsung Internet.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive
29 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Something weird just happened with Blitzortung allowing me to move that lone sferic anywhere I wanted - so I put it further east

4A50DEF0-D12F-4F70-80F9-F003E70D6E9F.png

Please could you nudge it further east to me here at Reigate? If we can get it close enough to the church then I can get a strike at the back of our garden...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

6 years ago today 2013.....a bit more of this would be nice

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Well, despite a good forecast today, for blue skies and blistering sun here in Torbay, it's quite the opposite. Broken cloud, with the odd drops of rain and cool too. Fingers crossed for a storm later. 

15638886493211318511579424712970.jpg

Posted

Looking over the satellite at the Bay of Biscay, you will notice on SAT24, the the very Northern part of the cloud mass, there is a thicker smaller cloud mass that has broken away and heading NNEwards very rapidly.

Posted

Local forecast showing 25c at midnight, whatever happens regarding storms, it's gonna be a mad night! This is what summer is all about though

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Hmm a little unsure for this area at the minute, got a feeling we are just a little to far East. Looks awesome further West, looks like you guys are in for fun night hopefully. Right At the moment there is not a single cloud in the sky, its completely blue. Anyway who knows, plumes can be very unpredictable as we all know

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

Hmm a little unsure for this area at the minute, got a feeling we are just a little to far East. Looks awesome further West, looks like you guys are in for fun night hopefully. Right At the moment there is not a single cloud in the sky, its completely blue. Anyway who knows, plumes can be very unpredictable as we all know

I agree, trouble is , the action in this neck of the woods looks literally to be 2am onwards, im afraid i will be in bed , thats the only thing annoying me .

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Another Kent clipper said:

... lying awake in the sweltering heat

Yes, although i live in a stone house which has its advantages , ie a bit cooler, and the fan will be on.

Im in the ejector seat (spare room) most nights anyway due to the wifes snoring.

Posted

i'm doing an interval recording now , I wonder what it will hold, recording this splice of cloudDSC_7111.thumb.JPG.0ecc916d55c6439c9ee946441876dd2f.JPG,
I lowered the brightness so the depth of the cloud is visible.

Edited by ancientsolar
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Well I'm a bit confused now.  Do I need to ignore the Netweather automated weather forecast?  It has removed or reduced  the thunderstorm risk for my area although other weather forecasts have suggested I am in the severe risk - has the risk area changed at all?  

Posted
8 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

I agree, trouble is , the action in this neck of the woods looks literally to be 2am onwards, im afraid i will be in bed , thats the only thing annoying me .

I understand that one, the early hour scenarios can be a drag but as soon I see any distant lightning or hear any decent thunder I generally can never rest properly even if they are miles away and won't arrive till another couple of hours or something haha. I would then just stay up all night but that's just me 

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

I understand that one, the early hour scenarios can be a drag but as soon I see any distant lightning or hear any decent thunder I generally can never rest properly even if they are miles away and won't arrive till another couple of hours or something haha. I would then just stay up all night but that's just me 

I salute your dedication!!

unfortunately as im type 2 diabetic and have to get up at 5am i cant apply the same dedication...:-)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Skies over Cardiff showing signs of instability,  accas looking w/nw 

443BFCC5-D222-4F77-B040-B8BA419E577B.jpeg

Edited by Panayiotis
  • Like 4

Posted
16 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

I salute your dedication!!

unfortunately as im type 2 diabetic and have to get up at 5am i cant apply the same dedication...:-)

Thanks mate

Sorry to hear that, I can understand that is a tricky one especially when you have to up early anyway  

Still not a cloud in the sky here, definitely has warmed up even more though, still very early times!

67084460_349093735786219_8137407826852052992_n.jpg

67311787_580325835834097_4882653099950342144_n.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.
28 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

It's not just you.  

Edit: In fact. I stay awake all night even if it's not forecast in my vicinity. Just in case!

Edited by Mizzle
  • Like 1