Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective Discussion - 25th June 2019 onwards

Posted

eagerly awaiting PJB's update on UKWW - I find him to be the most knowledgeable in these kind of scenarios.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wake me up when the storms arrive

It looks like I'll miss most of the fun tonight. I could drive west and be ready, but the thought of the M25, M3, A303....nope. Just no.

Thursday certainly looks like an interesting day.

Posted
1 minute ago, StormLoser said:

It looks like I'll miss most of the fun tonight. I could drive west and be ready, but the thought of the M25, M3, A303....nope. Just no.

Thursday certainly looks like an interesting day.

Yes, it looks at this stage like western Britain will be in the firing line.

6 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

Millions of flying Ants in Bournemouth today! Always a good sign

I’ve ditched the protein shake, nearly full after my run and so many unintended victims

It’s not just the ants it the hoards of seagulls filling their face and then repainting everything......

Posted

I'm right on the eastern border of the meto warning, but think will miss out.  It's a beautiful sunny day with blue skies and a lovely light breeze. 28c already. Far less humid than yesterday (for now anyway). Doesn't feel remotely like anything will kick off later

Posted
2 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Inline with a few models now   Eastern extent  around Cov area   then migrating through the country towards the North East  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
23 minutes ago, Azazel said:

eagerly awaiting PJB's update on UKWW - I find him to be the most knowledgeable in these kind of scenarios.

Even he was caught out by the MCS a few weeks ago - goes to show the nature of these things!

HIRLAM and ARPÈGE keen to give the SE some action tonight...

Edited by Harry

Posted
10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Even he was caught out by the MCS a few weeks ago - goes to show the nature of these things!

HIRLAM and ARPÈGE keen to give the SE some action tonight...

Arpege  does indeed bring the front more easterly    brings areas around the Wash also into play.   The nature of this scenario is that anywhere could see some action 

Posted
1 hour ago, SalopWatcher said:

One of those evenings where no chasing may be required for us in Shropshire.... We look well placed in just about all the charts and forecasts... Fingers crossed. 

I'm sitting in a SSW facing elevated position and can see lightning anywhere down across the Marches and into South Wales.  This is a really favourable setup for us tonight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
44 minutes ago, Azazel said:

Looking at that I appear to just on the eastern most fringe of any potential 

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

Euro 4   Seems to avoid the west ( Wales)   And go again through the Spine of the country then through the Hull Area

image.thumb.png.095154c2b4b6f3305ca844ed74618b55.png

This almost reminds me when there was a storm a year or so ago over Hull and it was massive. Could even see yellow lightning from here 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Futile looking at precip models  now, to be honest. Warning zones are in place from many sources and these cover a broad area because of unknown extent. Singularity made a good post about precip charts being smoothed out etc. There's a very high chance that it won't pan out like what any of the precip models show, due to warm layers possibly stopping rainfall from reaching the surface. Satellite imagery, the radar and good ol' fashioned observations from me, particularly being down here.

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 2

Posted

Right, suitibaly enthusued about this one, if just for some cloud skapes, so will head to the Creech viewpoint, maybe kimmerage Bay in the Purbecks for this one. If any of you are in the area feel free to make yourself known, I'll be in and around a tatty old silver/grey clio!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Futile looking at precip models  now, to be honest. Warning zones are in place from many sources and these cover a broad area because of unknown extent. Singularity made a good post about precip charts being smoothed out etc. There's a very high chance that it won't pan out like what any of the precip models show, due to warm layers possibly stopping rainfall from reaching the surface. Satellite imagery, the radar and good ol' fashioned observations from me, particularly being down here.

Yep! Sunbathing on the beach currently, Bournemouth at its best, tis a waiting game now and probably won’t look at model data in any great depth now. Having dinner at Hot Rocks with a friend by the pier so well placed for later. Just need to resist the beer urge and keep an eye on radar from about 5/6pm onwards and hope things start popping about 20miles SSE of Portland! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Just because you are not in the zones doesn't mean you won't get a storm/get a nice lightning show. 

Almost anywhere is primed for some action! 

Posted
16 minutes ago, R Alto said:

Right, suitibaly enthusued about this one, if just for some cloud skapes, so will head to the Creech viewpoint, maybe kimmerage Bay in the Purbecks for this one. If any of you are in the area feel free to make yourself known, I'll be in and around a tatty old silver/grey clio!

I'll be right by kimmerage bay too up at the top car park by wolbarrow bay. Perfect spot to watch! Watch the big flag pole though! 

Edited by Rapodo
  • Like 1