Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

If you're in the east give up and go to bed. We've missed out completely this year so far and tonight is no different. Hey ho.

Not sure I've ever seen so much lightning before... 

Stunning 

Posted (edited)

In bordon.  Went bed at 10.30. Been woken up by the strobe lighting outside. Incredible activity 

Edited by BeazleyBlizzard

Posted (edited)

After maxing out at 33 deg here today I've just felt a welcome cooler breeze! Still 24deg. Some huge flashes of lightening looking towards the coast but not sure it's going to make it here.

Some deep rumbles as I type this...fingers crossed!

What I don't understand is why no thundery breakdown Thurs/Fri?? Hot spells always used to end up going bang but doesn't seem to these days!

Edited by Darkcloud

1 minute ago, Darkcloud said:

After maxing out at 33 deg here today I've just felt a welcome cooler breeze! Still 24deg. Some huge flashes of lightening looking towards the coast but not sure it's going to make it here.

Some deep rumbles as I type this...fingers crossed!

What I don't understand is why no thundery breakdown Thurs/Fri?? Hot spells always used to end up going bang but doesn't seem to these days!

Yep, all we get is "cooler conditions moving in from the west". So no standard thundery breakdown, no imports, no set ups like tonight. Not sure what's happened to the east tbh.

Intense thunderstorm over Guildford at the moment

no hail though 

Lightning now visible here in St Leoanards on Sea, quite a breeze picking up now. I wonder if this is outflow from the storms ?

Insane lightning!! What!!! 

Wherever this thing goes you are in for an absolute treat. 2 hours in and still going strong. Constant lightning, the. You think it’s moving off and then the wind and rain pick up and then you are back in it. Got to be up in about 5 hours to go paddleboarding...

Wind has suddenly picked up here I. Epsom . On the radar, its just to the west of us but I'm watching that one by Brighton!

Posted (edited)

Can hear rumbles in the distance and the breeze has picked up here in Ashtead (nr Epsom) Gonna have to look out the window now!!xx

Edit - yep, lightening!xx

Edited by weathergeek

Gah!; its within touching distance yet not quite close enough! 

Not a bad little storm and lightning display for a few hours in Brighton,most of it was looking West at other people's goodies but we did get our own cell in the last half hour.Some great forks and booming thunder.

Posted (edited)

I’m going to TRY to sleep in this soupy, ludicrously sultry heat; There seems to be no point in staying up, as I’ve only seen a few very distant flashes. I don’t generally tend to be negative, as I enjoy seeing other people around me be happy. The same goes for this forum. But tonight... has been incredibly frustrating for the East Sussex coastline. I am feeling quite irritated, and sullen.

I am still very happy for all the storm starved peeps this morning! I’m glad you are getting a good show. Now, let’s see if I can even begin to fall asleep...

Edited by LightningLover

Looks like a new area of precip is moving more towards the centre of london now (assuming it doesn't die out by the time it gets here). Just about to hit croydon currently

Got thunder but no rain, looks like all the action is to the west of me

Random blips on lightningmaps in the east, false returns?

Woken up a by mix of heavy rain and thunder and lightning here in Herts, although the rain may have stopped now. 

What a aaaaasrrrrggghhhh

40B65D06-CE6D-41E0-8D17-0552C88AAE2D.png

Lightning and rain in Bexleyheath.  Not a rumble of thunder heard yet though!