Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

4 hours ago, CanadianCoops said:

Out at sittingbourne dog racing (I know how to live) and it’s freezing in the breeze still. Got a coat on and still cold. Is this heat actually coming? 

?Check you out I was at Sittngbourne bingo with all the grannies won a full house so cant be too bad hope your dogs came in. Was certainly chillier than when I was at Heathrow earlier in the day! My car thermometer went from 27.5c to 19c!

Wonder how hot it’ll go today, I reckon 35C imby, perhaps <10% of 36C somewhere more prone, it will certainly be notably hot the first proper hot day of the summer could be hottest day of year.

Edited by Daniel*

5 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Wonder how hot it’ll go today, I reckon 35C imby, perhaps <10% of 36C somewhere more prone, it will certainly be notably hot the first proper hot day of the summer could be hottest day of year.

Here on the edge of the London conurbation in Surrey we got down to 12c last night I think we are still under the modified cooler surface flow - presently can’t see a 20c uplift in the next 7 hours ..?? 

20 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Here on the edge of the London conurbation in Surrey we got down to 12c last night I think we are still under the modified cooler surface flow - presently can’t see a 20c uplift in the next 7 hours ..?? 

Sounds like a big ask but I remember on July 1st 2015 Heathrow got to 32C by 10am following minima of 18c ( I think) 

Edited by Quicksilver1989

16 hours ago, interested & confused said:

Here in Willesborough it's 22C and the NE breeze does have a distinct chill in it, perhaps you are more sheltered from the wind than we are. I'll believe the 30' forecast for tomorrow only when it's actually here! ;)

Yes I think we are quite sheltered from NE winds whereas we get full blast SW winds. Our own little microclimate haha.

On that note, not a cloud in the sky, not even a breeze at 21 degrees at 7:55. Bring on the heat!

23c here in Hawkinge at 8:25am. High yesterday was 18c by we exceeded that at around 6:15am! Interested to see how hot it’ll get as it’s only for one day, not sure how many would cope with temps in excess of 30c for days on end. 

7 hours ago, Kentspur said:

?Check you out I was at Sittngbourne bingo with all the grannies won a full house so cant be too bad hope your dogs came in. Was certainly chillier than when I was at Heathrow earlier in the day! My car thermometer went from 27.5c to 19c!

Lol we know how to have fun. Good job on the full house! Bet the grannies gave you stares. Yeah did alright atthe dogs came away up ?yup certainly was on the cool side though it’s warming up now but not overly warm....yet 

Edited by CanadianCoops

2 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

It’s possible given extreme airmass and very hot temps seen on continent this morning we are still under it but what we should see is a very rapid rise this afternoon. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

It’s possible given extreme airmass and very hot temps seen on continent this morning we are still under it but what we should see is a very rapid rise this afternoon. 

Yes in the last hour locally the wind has dropped and it is almost veering sw so we will see !!

I an sure this will be a toasty day today. 10am and it's currently 26.2c in coulsdon.  

Really feels like it’s warmed up in the last hour starting to feel uncomfortable already

Sun came out just over an hour ago, the temperature is rocketing up now with over a 4c increase over the last hour. 25c here now.

We'd be happy with the temps in this chart if they were for midday, but they're for midnight tonight - widely 22C to 23C for large parts of the Region. :blink2:
I might get the camp bed out and sleep in the garden. :oldlaugh:

Arpege midnight: 1686679813_ArpegeTempsMidnightSat29Jun.thumb.png.e3da430520574b2739a164884f4a4e61.png

£28.2c  now. I reckon we'll top out at 33c. Lets see!

Already 31c at Heathrow atleast 34c I reckon

Screenshot_20190629-120251_BBC Weather.jpg

1 hour ago, Mark Bayley said:

£28.2c  now. I reckon we'll top out at 33c. Lets see!

Well that's value for money.

• Like 3

Can confirm it’s a scorcher out there barely a bit of wind unrelenting hot sunshine..

temp has just reached the magical 30.0c ! 

• Like 1

Absolutely scorching heat here.

Lovely day with a slight breeze blowing feels more like a hair dryer on a low setting . My wife and kids are ready to play in the pool in the garden , I have just left for work not to finish until 11pm , oh well at least next week looks predominantly fine and settled and I have the week off too so I can enjoy , Hope you all enjoy the weather peeps . 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Portsmouth Sun said:

Er that’s the temperature scale....

What a numpty I am 

No scorching heat for Thurrock.  The earlier sunshine has disappeared and it has got a lot cooler.  The temperature at 13:16 is 23.9°C and the pressure is falling. It is a lot cooler than the temperatures forecasted by the BBC weather, Met Office, Accuweather, Weather.com and the Wunderground websites.  I think Thurrock must have its own micro-climate.

Edited by Katrine Basso
Add more information
  • Like 3