Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Blessed Weather

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Number of strikes decreasing.. surprising.

56 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Very nice. Here's hoping they avoid the sharp right swerve this time. The models seem to suggest we should do well tonight, but you know, it's the weather, fools out of all of us etc. Light rain here in Surbiton, felt nice and cooling for the dog walk.

Had a bbq yesterday and it felt quite cool really , Today was a different story and the Humidity hit as soon I stepped outside. Light rain here too at the moment but things certainly look like they are going to go bang later .

21 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Here she comes

B75E0B8E-DF0E-4A07-99C3-6B440F089AC2.thumb.png.a657699bc804e6a39315a264046b64ea.pngE3C40336-9D27-46D2-A16D-81265C645E8F.thumb.jpeg.406612678ee185b0df15c8b716c2a99f.jpeg

Thank you Steve.....

Based on my future radar map.. there does seem to be more of a northerly movement by the 1150pm screen

0BF37AE4-6627-454E-AFB7-1CB836339A3F.png

Doesnt have the feel of a storm about to appear outside..... its actually quite chilly

Feels very humid indoors to the normal feeling when going to get a thunderstorm. Good luck all

Lightning radar has now kicked off in the channel going look out my window out to sea to see if I can see any 

13 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

Doesnt have the feel of a storm about to appear outside..... its actually quite chilly

agree

Summer drama lighting up the Regionals again!!! Love it!!!

Wish the storm was during the day so I could watch it in all its glory but possibly more chances later in the week!!xx

22 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

😮

1 hour difference

87F04A7D-8403-445D-B46B-05CE82271224.thumb.png.fbf48c7847019b83b43fc0b29262d720.png3203B50C-2C8C-4588-9008-4F99EAE5A925.thumb.png.97ae4bb690c45b387195355d9962eeb8.png

That's quite a feature building up there despite the fact as others have said it feels quite chilly this evening.

1 minute ago, SenlacJack said:

That's quite a feature building up there despite the fact as others have said it feels quite chilly this evening.

Looks like an alien that 2nd pic lol

evening everybody, what does everyobe reckon are we going to have a good storm tonight or will it peter out and we will just get rain

Posted (edited)

Thought I'd throw my "hat into the ring" but I come from a different angle, to a lot of Members on here. I'm still partially Brontophobic, so don't have similar enthusiasm for t/storms but do have many years experience of these set-ups. A lot of our thundery "plumes" seem to approach from the SSW. Many times during the past 15 years, I've applied what I call the "Cherbourg Peninsula Test". I'm speaking from a London perspective here. I've found that these t/storms that initiate East of the Cherbourg Peninsula, tend to just affect E.Sussex and Kent (the infamous Kent Clipper). Those that initiate West of the Cherbourg Peninsula, if they have the "legs", can get to London. 

Tonight's storm I would say is borderline for London but should give E.Sussex/Kent a good light show, at least. That's not to say that some more t/storms won't develop in the vicinity of this storm, as it heads towards our South Coast. 

Try the "Cherbourg Peninsula Test", it has proved accurate so many times!!

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

Edited by TomSE12

Posted (edited)

It’s still over 19c here...not sure if that’s chilly?

Edited by lottiekent

Arome 18z has just shifted the storm further west as compares to its 12z run.

aromehd-1-15-0.png

aromehd-1-9-0.png

2 minutes ago, Snow Queen one said:

Yay much better for us snowray

Yup, looking good... fingers crossed.:oldrolleyes:

I have been watching the storms in France for a few hours now and they seem to be stuck.  The path of the storms seems to be uncertain I think, lots of charts say Brighton way but a lot are saying slightly more to the right now e/Sussex clipping Kent. Who knows wait and see I think. 

It’s on its way now

876891D9-E2F0-4082-A2D8-8D1DCC0E1325.jpeg

33 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Thought I'd throw my "hat into the ring" but I come from a different angle, to a lot of Members on here. I'm still partially Brontophobic, so don't have similar enthusiasm for t/storms but do have many years experience of these set-ups. A lot of our thundery "plumes" seem to approach from the SSW. Many times during the past 15 years, I've applied what I call the "Cherbourg Peninsula Test". I'm speaking from a London perspective here. I've found that these t/storms that initiate East of the Cherbourg Peninsula, tend to just affect E.Sussex and Kent (the infamous Kent Clipper). Those that initiate West of the Cherbourg Peninsula, if they have the "legs", can get to London. 

Tonight's storm I would say is borderline for London but should give E.Sussex/Kent a good light show, at least. That's not to say that some more t/storms won't develop in the vicinity of this storm, as it heads towards our South Coast. 

Try the "Cherbourg Peninsula Test", it has proved accurate so many times!!

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

Feel for you Tom. Find daylight storms exciting but develop a night-only fear/aversion to thunder/lightning, as does my young labrador so selfishly hoping the latest nw radar activity approaching south coast dissipates or bypasses my area. 10pm light drizzle didn’t last long but still very humid here as I post this. 

Posted (edited)

17.6c. Been raining here for past hour, wasn't forecast as far as I can see. Not even a flicker looking towards south coast....Will it, won't it?

Edited by Darkcloud

Posted (edited)

Anyone notice the HIRLAM 18z?

Slap bang over London in time for the morning rush hour!:shok:

hirlam-1-9-0.png

hirlam-1-10-0.png

Edited by snowray

Jeez. I can't sleep with this humidity! I just hope we get a decent thunderstorm in the next few hours as a trade off!