Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
7 hours ago, Surrey said:

Yep.. rinse and repeat.. Although not so much the rinse bit... We seem to be stuck in a loop hole and have been or nearly a year now.. Promise of rain... gets closer and closer.. then nothing.. 

IF we continue this pattern then we are in real trouble come end of summer if we don't play catch in autumn and winter.. 

I said before start of summer I think this one will be a humid one with thunderstorms later on in the summer... But a very obvious pattern again is emerging so early on... Where by we shunt the heat and humidity away with thunderstorms and PPN running up East of us just like last night. Absolute text book situation..And again tonight.. similar scenario and a reoccurring theme.. 

Looks like Storm Miguel will dump a load of rain over the region on Friday. Then cool and low pressure dominated for the foreseeable. If GFS is to be believed, a lot of rain is on its way. Should help alleviate drought concerns. Annoying that it’s happening in June, though. I do have a feeling that the second half of summer will be much better than the first with a decent August, finally.

Posted

Got a hot water bottle with me on the sofa in June! Ok, so we turn the heating off in May but it's damp and chilly in the flat this evening, especially after the rain showers.

General chit-chat at the allotment is that a bit of continual warmth is needed as  as the plants are a bit slow to grow at the mo. Scarce rain isn't helping either but Friday could balance that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

I’ve been thinking about humid it is tonight in the house, I have actually felt quite uncomfortable all evening. I have just gone on to lightening maps and there are lots of storm coming up from France and Belgium and there has just been a lightning strike not far from here. I’m not surprised the weather has been so imup and down. I was amazed at the length of the storms currently going through Europe and how many counties it’s passing through.

DBE06AD6-54D5-4454-8DA3-9A52FC108B58.jpeg

Edited by DonnaThw

Posted

morning  dont  comeon much in summer but after looking at the charts  up to 320hr  i think our summer  got  lost!!!  looks like their plenty of rain comeing our way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

2 heavy showers already today in the outer ‘burbs .... just enough to stop me mowing the lawns .... result !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Lovely day on the south coast, been sunny all day with fair weather cloud here and there, temp 17c with a nice breeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Spoke too soon re the lawns amazing sun and cool drying breeze mean lawns dry enough to mow - and a great day for getting your washing dry!! 

Edited by Badgers01
Typo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Beautiful afternoon here.

Rain tomorrow until early afternoon, then sunshine and showers  

Dry weekend coming up on our patch confirmed by Nick Miller on BBC evening weather just now. 

(Thankfully he didn’t refer to tomorrow’s NORMAL rain as ‘storm miguel’ ) 

Here we go then peeps, a very unusual system moving north today... Not something we see very often this time of year full of moisture and humid air..  I wonder in the future with climate change, if events like this become more common and extreme.. 

As of 5:40am SAT looks like this.. 

1840108890_satstorm.thumb.png.257d37892c2c6ac417a906de54bf75e9.png

Very clear that the system is currently sitting in the bay of Biscay pushing North North west... The second surface low pressure that is due to develop later on should start to show its head shortly.. this could be responsible for some hefty thunderstorms later.. 

Arome and EURO 4 break some  pretty nasty showers/storms after the main front clears through...This all depends on how much muck is left over from this main band though.. We will need some sun to break through to spark anything... Current ingredients look good with upto 1000KJ of cape and wind sheer looking good(ish) 

Not sure I totally agree with the UK convective slight though. I would have extended it east. Although that said... The models have shifted the risk of storms to include more of southern England overnight.. 

EURO4 

2012639293_euro41.thumb.gif.dd158cf3840469f85c95f45ec8642fa2.gif627637780_euro42.thumb.gif.f49db9b82f05774044dd04d3d7cc5337.gif964590601_euro43.thumb.gif.ed60df201942988f53f910a90b95d6ed.gif

Arome

2072877264_AROME1.thumb.jpg.cfc683be4a66a47c98dd7abc1b2fe20c.jpg620045429_AROME2.thumb.jpg.dfc9a3b909e5f5ce998bcc600f533e50.jpg153360129_AROME3.thumb.jpg.72890bfcf096d8623525d5a4aa8e1d2e.jpg1288181955_AROME4.thumb.jpg.bcabe2f63a098d31e9464c8ea4b97746.jpg

Decent...

1803664117_NNM1.thumb.png.d382c7c620532fe5233e33e4215f562b.png756817608_NNM2.thumb.png.3ca48f2a75ea86ca839b66d296f7bf24.png

Lots of convergence zones.. 

1051136480_net1.thumb.png.06545258c3912683b3544c1bb2a42063.png1607416208_net3.thumb.png.30df9f438928c134fa49a387ee6a6ebf.png

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Some much needed rain for the south east today, no where near enough to get us back to normal levels but better than nothing. 

Posted
23 minutes ago, shotski said:

Some much needed rain for the south east today, no where near enough to get us back to normal levels but better than nothing. 

Yes indeed mate, and about time too. I think we ll do OK for rain in SE over next week or so. Here's hoping. Very badly needed. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

I'm sure the rain will somehow still skirt desert st neots as usual!  Had so little rain in the 18 months I've been here, it's incredible and I thought Essex was dry!

Posted

Sunny at the moment but looking at the track of the spanish storm, I think in the dry zone we're only going to see a fraction of the rain other parts are seeing

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
12 minutes ago, laddie said:

Sunny at the moment but looking at the track of the spanish storm, I think in the dry zone we're only going to see a fraction of the rain other parts are seeing

I do think it’s a little bit west of what has been forecast. However, there’s more bouts of rain within the front piling up from France, so we should see quite a bit. 

Hopefully the centre of the low arrives an hour or so quicker, in order to get more solar insolation to hopefully fire up some storms for this evening. I’m starting to forget what lightning looks like. Don’t think I’ve seen any since July last year, except in the distance a couple of weeks ago. 

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91

Posted

Not too bad this morning in South London. Patchy rain. 

Storm Miguel? How utterly ridiculous!! 

Imagine the panic if some of these forecasters, including some on here, were in the States or anywhere that gets even moderately wild weather.  

Posted
26 minutes ago, Wimbledon88 said:

Imagine the panic if some of these forecasters, including some on here, were in the States or anywhere that gets even moderately wild weather.  

The problem is, this was named by the Spanish Met so the name sticks and is used by whichever countries it then goes on to affect.  The worst of the weather is already over from this system (northern Spain got a battering) but it's still noteworthy in terms of depth for the time of year.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, Wimbledon88 said:

True, but it was named by the Met in Spain, parts of which did get very high winds. Parts of France are also currently copping a bit of a battering. Shouldn’t be too bad by the time it gets here, but a very windy day tomorrow, nonetheless. At least the region is getting some good amounts of rainfall that most want. 

• Like 2

Posted

As usual in my neck of the woods we're missing most of the rain apart from a sharp 10 minute shower earlier, you wouldn't know it had been raining now 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It has been raining practically non-stop (apart from a few very brief dry breaks in the rain) in South Ockendon since approximately 9 am. It is 1:37pm and everywhere looks wet. The roads, pavements and paths have been cleaned by the rain and the wheels of the wheelie bins are shiny and very clean.  The prickly heat humidity has lessened and the air has become fresher.  I do not know why but it does not take much watering to refresh my plants and soil at night.  I wonder if this is due to partly to the type of soil and where South Ockendon is situated as it not far from the river Thames, that there have never been any hose pip bans. The rain has been very beneficial to the gardens in South Ockendon, particularly mine.  The barometer pressure has lowered since yesterday and the temperature is 16.1°C with humidity at 70%.  There has been refreshing moderate to heavy long showers of rain that has made everything look clean and shiny.

Edited by Katrine Basso
Add more information
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The sun has come out for a few minutes before it became cloudy again. Hopefully later on in the day , we'll could be getting thunder and lightning with rain as it is a lovely combination.