Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Earlier on in the day at 8 am, there was bright sunshine but it did not stay long and by the late morning the sky was completely overcast.  The temperature is 9°C/10°C but feels more like 6°C in the wind.

12 hours ago, DonnaThw said:

It’s quite cloudy here in Rye but the sun is out a bit so that’s always positive. I need it to stay sunny today because we are having a picnic whilst out. @LightningLover My eldest has bad asthma and allergies and he is struggling already he plays loads of sport as well.

We’re off to Bewl water for the day, I’ve wrapped the kids up warm because we will do a lot of walking it’s 13 miles all the way around the reservoir, I’m not sure if they will make it all the way but we’re going to give it a shot. They are all children that love being outside so that helps just hoping it stays semi nice.

Hope your son soldiers on through! But it just struck me as so bizarre, as like I said, I have no real history with asthma or likewise. What's even stranger is that today I was fine!

Had a heavy shower of hail in Clacton at around 06.50. Left a covering on cars and some grass. More heavy showers moving in off the sea but likely to miss here...

A few light snow flurries, temperature 3.4, dewpoint -0.4.

Bigger echo developing over SE Essex

D26EF8B1-F1B9-46BA-8258-798DE04DA09A.thumb.png.258396c043a5f4d5da774f092f477d74.png

Burst of moderate snow here.

F7BB42E1-CC6A-4B9B-B55E-C153445789A5.thumb.png.40114b51c3fba33cf11161a6ff1e4c9a.png

20 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Bigger echo developing over SE Essex

D26EF8B1-F1B9-46BA-8258-798DE04DA09A.thumb.png.258396c043a5f4d5da774f092f477d74.png

Burst of moderate snow here.

F7BB42E1-CC6A-4B9B-B55E-C153445789A5.thumb.png.40114b51c3fba33cf11161a6ff1e4c9a.png

Looks like them heavier showers are heading towards your area Steve, I bet you get a small covering of snow up there if you get some direct hits.😀

Hail shower here.

Cat has come indoors covered in pellets. He is not amused.

Really need Northerly airstream to give lying snow at this time of year,but nice that some seen snow flakes and MET office wrong again,as no mention of any  SNOW falling from the sky in their forecast today !

Edited by SLEETY

Rain & sleet for 30 mins

A few proper flakes - nearly all snow up at West kingsdown 

But moved through now 3.7c

Just had a shower of ice pellets. 😊

More soft hail here, very dry stuff and settling too, just not enough to give a covering though.

22 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

We have snowflakes!:yahoo:

Sun is out here now.🤨

2 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Had a rain shower an hour ago . 

We had the same one, then this little chap delivered quite the mini hailstorm for a few minutes.

Screenshot_20190413-145701.jpg

IMG_20190413_145110.jpg

Ah Yes we had the same here , bits of soft hail , Rain and the odd snowflake . 

Well I think April weather is well and truly living up to its reputation.

Wet Snow flakes falling in St Albans today for 2 minutes- sun came back out and remained pleasant out of the wind in sunny spells. 

The beauty of April - all seasons in one. 

Lovely clear evening here now. 

evening all,

Interesting drive from Southend to London this afternoon, I had almost everything, sun, rain, hail, sleet, even a few snow flakes, could have sworn I saw a flash of lightning, but can't be sure on that.

Then on the way back this evening I saw the gritters were out on the A127.  Highest temp today was 10 degrees, and the lowest (so far) was 2 degrees, according to my car.

Interesting weather 🙂

Cheers

FC

Edited by frozencanals

Moderate shower of tiny hail as just turned everything rather white outside. Looks like a dusting of snow. Very lovely, but unable to take a picture sadly.

Very fine sleet here. 1/10 on the Murr scale. Doubt I’ll be sledging today.