Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

14 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Pics!

Not the best pic in the world, but does show the snow attempting to settle on the grass

15543008065517799682931217922446.jpg

Edited by frozencanals
add text
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nightmare last night...power cut, no fans or anything - it was like trying to get to sleep in a sauna. Lightning was flashing all around and as there were no lights in the house the lightning showed u

Out on this morning's walk and as promised this time with camera at the ready. And I was lucky enough to hit the jackpot with this great display of virga from cloud in the distance. And you can see wh

This is not meant to cause offence but I’d appreciate it if you (and others) cease putting a dampener on genuine excitement at the current (and brief!) extreme weather. It’s a weather forum for weathe

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jimmyh said:

another shotgun barrelled thunder clap

must get back to work and stop staring out of the window, looks like it has turned back to rain here in Blackfriars..

FC

• Like 1

Had wet Snow falling here this afternoon, all of 5 minutes other than that a dry day and felt pleasant in the sun. 

Thankfully the coming weekend dry if cloudy. Temps back up to 17c by Sunday according to BBC. 

No heavy rain in the reliable which is good. 

• Like 1

Was snowing heavily for about an hour in Heathfield from just after midnight until about 1.20am. Pavements and grass white and some wet but white areas on the minor roads. Dark slush on the main road. It was actually some of the heaviest snowfall I've seen all winter. Will try and post a pic.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Convergence said:

Was snowing heavily for about an hour in Heathfield from just after midnight until about 1.20am. Pavements and grass white and some wet but white areas on the minor roads. Dark slush on the main road. It was actually some of the heaviest snowfall I've seen all winter. Will try and post a pic.

I was tracking it waiting to see if it made it here

4C6FAED2-48AE-4226-BFCE-689B7E9A2B08.thumb.png.bcdbf2b2f153971e62e2451072264c93.png

1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Chilly few days in SE England, temperatures a good 5C below average with some convective activity. 20C and sunny here in Prague, lovely ? 

Can I please come...?

• Like 1

For the record, March 2019 in the East:

• 6th warmest March on record (+1.7C)
  • Slightly above average rainfall (113%)
  • Above average sunshine (123%)
  • 3rd lowest number of March air frosts on record

The East now has a rainfall deficit of 123mm for the past 12 months: 20% of our average annual rainfall.

194367330_MarchinEast.thumb.jpg.efc95bf07db85246fb88c01af9a446cd.jpg

Stats and chart courtesy of Dan Holley, Weatherquest.
https://twitter.com/danholley_/status/1113047719633981442

• Thanks 2

Yup was just about to say, chucking it down here! After the vile dark cloudy drizzly day yesterday I was hoping for a bit more sun today, but nope, fog to start and now rain, looks like plenty coming in off the North Sea, joy.....not ? 

• Like 1