Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Well, I'm definitely flagging after 3 nights of very broken sleep. I was hoping for a nice storm last night but we had one rumble of thunder and a 25 second shower at about 6.30pm last night, then another couple of flashes and low rumbles with some rain at about 5am - that was the entent of it! When I left for work at 8am the heavens opened and looking at the radar, Orpington is going to be under a bit of a rain streamer for a little while with some lovely looking white echoes going on. 14 miles fo the north east at work, it's dry (with a foreboding sky).  Hoping for some sleep tonight!

Cracks of thunder, here in Lee.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Nice storm here.. small, but delivering some nice welcome rain.. very slow moving tho

Looks like a bit more on the way from our French friends. Probably going to go just west of here.

Lively thunderstorm in SE London.

Regular booming thunder and decent fork lightning.

Still feels very humid under a convective skyscape.

If  the radar right could get interesting in the afternoon

Oh joy a yellow rain warning for most of the weekend, so long as these awful temps drop, let it rain I say 🌧️  Bonus rain in Germany for the GP, makes for an interesting race 😜

More bangers and crackers in SE London.

Shame it wasn't overnight, can still see the fork lightning if I'm lucky enough to look at the right part of the cloud!

Well, that was a fantastic light show earlier this morning, I think it was about 4/5 am ish, I didn't look at the clock, only knew it was around that time as my hubby was getting ready to go to work.  I don't remember (apart from when it happened last year) so many flashes of lighting so close together......... It may have done, I might have forgotten... 🙄 

Now it's been raining and thundery, one of my cats sprang off the sofa to find a hiding hole earlier, think she confused it with the sound of fireworks!

11 hours ago, lottiekent said:

Back up to 25c now after dropping to 21c around 8pm. And out of nowhere a new storm has popped up! 

1621E618-1788-4A35-86AC-B299214F36E0.png

Yep, and another two small ones behind that too, here in Dover. 6 separate storms, or at least the rain completely stopped between them.

I’ve literally been watching storms all morning at work in London. I’ve got a great view of the action from the office and there’s more coming ... 

E03DABC1-B077-44A0-9056-2BB126851CAC.jpeg

Edited by CanadianCoops

Woke up to thunder and lightning around 4am and we've had some rain this morning; fingers crossed that system coming out of France heads a bit west of north to include us - the skies already have an unstable look about them. Similar to what others have said, I was so knackered from lack of sleep in the heat that I couldn't get interested in the early morning thunder, plus it was quite hard to hear over the two fans I had on me, that weren't working anyway. 32 degrees upstairs for sleeping, 28 degrees downstairs for watching Love Island last night - they look cooler in Majorca than I feel in Surbiton. Son has woken up with a temperature and I have a raging sore throat and so heavy head; it REALLY needs to cool down soon.

After the storms I described late yesterday evening, it was a horrible, humid night during which I think I overheated and developed a touch of heat exhaustion.  Unfortunately, the storms (in particular, the rain) prevented us from having windows open for as late as we would have wanted - it was 30C indoors when we settled-down and the result was a disrupted night's sleep.

38.7C at Cambridge Botanical Gardens. Apparently.

2 hours ago, Surrey said:

EURO4 has churned something odd out.. 

204436004_EURO1.thumb.gif.696be4e38b0822b99d72ef320bedcdf9.gif712048137_EURO2.thumb.gif.eb3dd7cd18106f8c0a8868e9f391f76a.gif332578171_EURO3.thumb.gif.c30eaf9d533b3961d6fe99620b8d962d.gif138158724_EURO4.thumb.gif.22cc90c555b2687f1620aba83219994c.gif

1577490350_EURO5.thumb.gif.9c09e94c84af492383e2c2c002ad87cd.gif1117998425_EURO6.thumb.gif.433224b460ebf1d0fd4f5816f4aa89a7.gif244141912_EURO7.thumb.gif.bb27464217345c95f8fd943e69fb33ee.gif

Just shows how hard the cold front is moving east, starting to wonder if it will even get across.

10 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Official?

Not sure yet. There has been all this discussion about a potential 38.4 at Brogdale too!

6 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Not sure yet. There has been all this discussion about a potential 38.4 at Brogdale too!

It's on the Met office observation page so surely it must be official? If not why are they using it....

It does conjure up an image of a thermometer in the greenhouse though given the site name!

Amazing that it is 19c here under rain but the east coast of Kent is up at 27 to 28c

Extremely warm and humid out now, although it was lovely taking in the passing storm and hearing the thunder, being a cloud junkie sometimes not been right under it is best.

some very welcome rain in Hastings for the past hour, preceded by some thunder. Looks like we are in the bulls eye for the line of cloud/rain coming out of France and could be with us for some while. Still a hot and sticky 27.7 in the home-office, though a pleasant 19.1 outside. Think I may get an umbrella out and do some paperwork in the garden!

No all the excitement is over watch the board go quiet.

Overcast,bit wet but still humid in Epsom.

1 minute ago, fulham snow said:

No all the excitement is over watch the board go quiet.

Overcast,bit wet but still humid in Epsom.

It's not over yet.. There is tonight and tomorrow...