Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Blessed Weather

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Heard of the Kent clipper before but not the east coast clipper?

Bluebell the fish and chips were great.  Now watching the lightening in the channel wind still very warm 

Mammatus clouds overhead but looks like we will miss the main storms. 28.9c at nearly 9pm is bonkers

2 minutes ago, James Gold said:

Very interesting sky...

24EF914B-29EB-4F49-B52C-F10DEE1ED085.jpeg

Very nice mammatus clouds 🙂 

Please tell me the wind direction will back a little soon just missing us in se London 

Sorry to be a Party-Pooper, and no doubt won't be popular with the Brontophiles on here!!

I'm going to claim another victory, for my Cherbourg Theory. Storms that initiate East of the Cherbourg Peninsula, when the steering flow is aligned SSW to NNE, will end up, only as "Kent Clippers".  I've seen it happen so many times, since I became a Member in 2005. It's happened yet again tonight. But I'm sure you'll all get your T/storm fix, sooner or later.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Nothing happening here. I do hope this isn't it.

Sky very dark, very windy a few spots of rain but no lightning or thunder.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, shotski said:

Had a day off darling 😁

and it’s Fox Red 👍

Fox? 🤣🤣🤣 

You must mean my

new flip flops

B0A4BAD3-B2C5-4138-AC76-6DAD8AB51186.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke

4 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Sorry to be a Party-Pooper, and no doubt won't be popular with the Brontophiles on here!!

I'm going to claim another victory, for my Cherbourg Theory. Storms that initiate East of the Cherbourg Peninsula, when the steering flow is aligned SSW to NNE, will end up, only as "Kent Clippers".  I've seen it happen so many times, since I became a Member in 2005. It's happened yet again tonight. But I'm sure you'll all get your T/storm fix, sooner or later.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

If it was snow we were talking about I’d be incredibly peed off , it ain’t so oh well .

saw some lightning action Earlier , sky looks a little menacing but could be nightfall setting in .

Amazing thunderstorm here, lightening after lightening after lightening, sky sounds like it’s falling in.  Hailstones are rocketing down!

AD3DA1BD-CC82-429F-AEE5-2DBEF87A4B2F.png

1 minute ago, Amanda Sherborne said:

Amazing thunderstorm here, lightening after lightening after lightening, sky sounds like it’s falling in.  Hailstones are rocketing down!

AD3DA1BD-CC82-429F-AEE5-2DBEF87A4B2F.png

Please enter your location in your profile, as otherwise we don't know where you're referring to.

Posted (edited)

·

Liam Dutton on Twitter  

Two intense European heatwaves in the past month All-time records broken in France, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium. Month records for June and July broken in UK, Poland, Czech Republic and more. With climate change, this is expected to become the new normal. Imagine...

Edited by shotski

I am too far east in SWF to get the storm action, I am jealous... but oh my, it's beautiful.
Sat in my garden with a glowing orange and grey sky, a squally wind rushing through trees and rattling fences.
Rain falling.
So unusually warm.
Weather is wonderful. 

3 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

If it was snow we were talking about I’d be incredibly peed off , it ain’t so oh well .

saw some lightning action Earlier , sky looks a little menacing but could be nightfall setting in .

Hi Mark,

Yes, although we did have a very brief shower with a couple of rumbles, around 6.30.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

2 minutes ago, shotski said:

·

Liam Dutton on Twitter  

Two intense European heatwaves in the past month All-time records broken in France, Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium. Month records for June and July broken in UK, Poland, Czech Republic and more. With climate change, this is expected to become the new normal. Imagine...

It will nice for some , I can’t say I’d enjoy it regularly if we are looking at more blocked situations I’d take the winter variety although it won’t work out that way .

Had a bit of rain, few rumbles etc, but sadly, too far west again, seems to be the norm over the last few times, storms fire up, head northwards, then they turn north-east, brush the kent coast, then explode out the north sea, oh well, there's always next time, looking forward to some cooler weather, bloody air con gave up earlier

Had a glorious evening on Littlehanpton beach, was a pleasant relief from the stuffiness within the m25 belt! 

3 hours ago, Snow Queen one said:

Off to rye for storm chase

Would have joined you if I looked on here earlier

Temperature still a muggy 29c here. Is that it for the storms now? 

Had two short showers and one rumble of thunder this afternoon but that's it.  

Will there be more storms tonight and if so where is likely to get them? 

Round three here in Dover.

We have strobe-effect lightning...some pink, some white and some blue!:yahoo:

Posted (edited)

Well the shower literally skirted my location, giving an almost hour long rainbow to my east before edging into Lincolnshire. Looks like that is my lot but eastern parts look well placed. Don't expect much more after this clears through.

Tomorrow morning looks sunny and it will be interesting to see how quickly temperatures surge with hot air still in place. During the afternoon we will see thundery rain move northwards as the cold front re-energises thanks to lowering heights throughout all of the layers. If the rain can keep away then low thirties look possible in the east, high twenties in the west.

arpegeuk-41-25-0.png?25-18

Edited by Captain Shortwave