Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nightmare last night...power cut, no fans or anything - it was like trying to get to sleep in a sauna. Lightning was flashing all around and as there were no lights in the house the lightning showed u

Out on this morning's walk and as promised this time with camera at the ready. And I was lucky enough to hit the jackpot with this great display of virga from cloud in the distance. And you can see wh

This is not meant to cause offence but I’d appreciate it if you (and others) cease putting a dampener on genuine excitement at the current (and brief!) extreme weather. It’s a weather forum for weathe

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, daveinleices said:

So, we got a short but sweet cell over central(ish) London about 45 minutes ago (W12) - and now I'm wondering whether the western-most extent of the main body of storms will at least still glance us? All seems a bit too far east, although I may be being rather paranoid ?

I don't think your being paranoid at all, even here to the east of London I have my concerns(atm)

Just now, DAVID SNOW said:

I don't think your being paranoid at all, even here to the east of London I have my concerns(atm)

Glad someone's with me - although there seems to be enough scope for them to build NNW, the overall movement seems NNE - and while I enjoyed a wonderful light-show in the early hours of Wednesday (plus the little bonus cell earlier), I would quite like a prolonged system to move overhead.

Fingers crossed I guess!

Just looking at the radar and boy am i jealous of what's coming in to effect parts of East London and East of that. Looks like it could be an incredible evening. Local weather station still showing 33c here in West London, clear skies too!

Are there going to be storms firing to the west of this line as there just a bit too Far East for me to get too and there doesn’t seem to be an crazy amount of lightning. 

The storms are staying East of the A1. I'm in St Neots and we just missed out on the passing storm that moved up northwards through the  Cambridge area.