Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

13 minutes ago, tinybill said:

Next   thing if this carry on heading  our way  will be record flooding and damage to houses as  its looks massive

God I hope not... 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nightmare last night...power cut, no fans or anything - it was like trying to get to sleep in a sauna. Lightning was flashing all around and as there were no lights in the house the lightning showed u

Out on this morning's walk and as promised this time with camera at the ready. And I was lucky enough to hit the jackpot with this great display of virga from cloud in the distance. And you can see wh

This is not meant to cause offence but I’d appreciate it if you (and others) cease putting a dampener on genuine excitement at the current (and brief!) extreme weather. It’s a weather forum for weathe

Posted Images

The wind has eased a bit here but there is now frequent distant rumbling thunder. Something I've rarely seen here in the UK though is a distinct green tinge to the sky, quite eery.

• Like 2

It’s been a frustrating few days not being able to get down to swim in the sea due to work and evening commitments! Got down to Winchelsea Beach for a swim, the sea was initially calm like a mill pond, but as the storm marched across the  channel the wind whipped up the sea into a frenzy of white horses. My husband caught these pics with lightening cam app, gives a sense of the atmosphere! Back home listening to the rumbles with one poor cat cowering under the table.

330894BB-D580-4B3C-91B8-BE973941B992.jpeg

9F5F1063-2218-40C7-92A1-DA10618FC320.jpeg

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, shotski said:

What’s that I hear in the distance ?? Is it thunder ?? No it’s the plume heading back to Spain where it belongs ? 

Oh ginge, you are a wheeze! Hope you didn’t suffer too much today...

Just driven down the M20 from Maidstone to Ashford, saw some impressive lightning strikes. Raining here at the moment but I think its going to go boom big time any second now 

2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Oh ginge, you are a wheeze! Hope you didn’t suffer too much today...

Had a day off darling ?

and it’s Fox Red ?

Edited by shotski

So, we got a short but sweet cell over central(ish) London about 45 minutes ago (W12) - and now I'm wondering whether the western-most extent of the main body of storms will at least still glance us? All seems a bit too far east, although I may be being rather paranoid ?