Snow?

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nightmare last night...power cut, no fans or anything - it was like trying to get to sleep in a sauna. Lightning was flashing all around and as there were no lights in the house the lightning showed u

Out on this morning's walk and as promised this time with camera at the ready. And I was lucky enough to hit the jackpot with this great display of virga from cloud in the distance. And you can see wh

This is not meant to cause offence but I’d appreciate it if you (and others) cease putting a dampener on genuine excitement at the current (and brief!) extreme weather. It’s a weather forum for weathe

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

I'll be amazed if it's not further north than that by then.

Not going to argue with you. Things may be popping up all over the place. We all know anything coming from France can be a bit dodgy. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, lottiekent said:

Can hear lots of rumbling coming my way from the Channel...

High today was 37.8c! Hottest I’ve ever recorded.

0EC1CED1-3BCC-4CE4-B8B4-84D9E27EB211.jpeg

Hey guys!

Just got in from work, remarkable just how quickly the sun went and the rain started on the first crack of thunder. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Bryn Webster said:

Are there any met office stations in the sandy/biggleswade area...or east  towards Cambridge/Bishop Stortford ... seems strangely bereft...yet PWS reporting temps above 39 ..but PWS is PWS sadly hehe ... 

Any of them like this...might be more trustworthy!

image.thumb.png.d3fa6e33bc5bbd8a7a52a09a47f2d846.png

Just done a bit of digging: Brooms Barn to the East of Cambs, Camb Niab to the SE of Cambs, Cambridge botanical gardens, and then Bedford. But doesn’t appear to  be anything in between!!!

cambridge botanical gardens is a manual weather station, so we wait to hear from that site perhaps? EDIT: reached 36.1c here today. 

Edited by Lewis1997
33 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Moving north. Estimated position at about 8.00pm

9B37BE69-B69D-459D-AE6F-2ABB3C028F5B.png

Ooooh. Right in the sweet spot if this comes to be.

Only a few weeks ago, I said it'd be the first summer that mid-Essex hadn't reached 30C for a decade if it didn't reach it this year.

Well it's more than reached it - Writtle (Chelmsford) broke its own all-time record from Aug 2003 by 2C, reaching 37.7C.

I've also recorded my own all-time record of 35.5C (my records began in Sept 2013).

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Snowy Bob said:

Hey guys!

Just got in from work, remarkable just how quickly the sun went and the rain started on the first crack of thunder. 

Rain didn’t last long...seemed to swerve us and be more over Dover way