Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Several loudish rumbles, but no lightning observed.:yahoo:

Posted
1 hour ago, andymcpool said:

Cheeky crack of thunder in SW11

Not at all surprised to hear that, the clouds in this area were so dark at lunch time I wondered if we would get some thunder out of them. In the end another rainy spell ensued but no thunder. The garden has loved the cloud/rain/sun conditions of the past few weeks and continues to be verdant. Personally I would have preferred more of the sun and less of the cloud and rain, so I'm really hoping we end up on the warmer side of the predictions for the next two weeks to finish the summer on a hot sunny note. For those who have come up on the dry side of the south east 'divide' in terms of rainfall, I do hope you get some help topping everything up soon.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Another forecasting bust today from bbc so much for dry !! Shower trains running through Surrey - is dry sunny at the moment though not sure if it will last ...??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather
1 hour ago, James1979 said:

Showers just to the North and South and then forming literally minutes after passing here, unbelievable so yet again the radar is peppered with downpours in this area and yet we dodge them all.  How is that possible? ?‍♂️

Any luck yet, must be getting some soon by the looks of the radar?

Had one shower so far, pretty heavy for 5 minutes, lovely when the sun is out which is more often than not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Went from really sunny to very dark and grey within a few minutes here in Ashtead (in between Leatherhead and Epsom) and I've heard 2 rumbles of thunder! Hoping for a storm! Ooo as I wrote that another louder and closer clap of thunder!!!xx

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
1 hour ago, all weather said:

Any luck yet, must be getting some soon by the looks of the radar?

Had one shower so far, pretty heavy for 5 minutes, lovely when the sun is out which is more often than not.

Nothing!! Same old in the dustbowl 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
Just now, James1979 said:

Nothing!! Same old in the dustbowl 

In fairness, we finally had some decent frontal rain over the last 7 days here but my preference is for convective weather which always seems to be hard to come by!  One last thundery plume before Autumn please weather Gods.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
2 hours ago, andymcpool said:

Cheeky crack of thunder in SW11

Rudely woken up from my Afternoon nap, by a not so cheeky crack of thunder, here in Lee.

Have retreated downstairs to the Lounge and having a cuppa with a not so cheeky, Green Tea Kit-Kat.

Think my Wife has been had over and sold a Kit-Kat, passed it's "sell-by-date, by our local corner shop!!

Beware, on a nutritional Website it states if Green Tea is consumed in large quantities, it can result in" green-tinged" stools. :shok:

Regards,

Tom.    :hi: 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, weathergeek said:

Went from really sunny to very dark and grey within a few minutes here in Ashtead (in between Leatherhead and Epsom) and I've heard 2 rumbles of thunder! Hoping for a storm! Ooo as I wrote that another louder and closer clap of thunder!!!xx

Stop making me jealous! Unless our incredibly noisy fridge freezer is now so loud I can't even hear rumbles of thunder! Hoping for a storm here too; when the sun is out it feels so hot it makes me feel all optimistic ⛈️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
47 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Stop making me jealous! Unless our incredibly noisy fridge freezer is now so loud I can't even hear rumbles of thunder! Hoping for a storm here too; when the sun is out it feels so hot it makes me feel all optimistic ⛈️

That last rumble I mentioned was the very last one!!! Oh well.... I'm going to hope that the weather is going to get warmer and sunnier now!xx

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Rudely woken up from my Afternoon nap, by a not so cheeky crack of thunder, here in Lee.

Have retreated downstairs to the Lounge and having a cuppa with a not so cheeky, Green Tea Kit-Kat.

Think my Wife has been had over and sold a Kit-Kat, passed it's "sell-by-date, by our local corner shop!!

Beware, on a nutritional Website it states if Green Tea is consumed in large quantities, it can result in" green-tinged" stools. :shok:

Regards,

Tom.    :hi: 

The Green Kit-Kat turned out to be a Japanese import. Strange eating habits the Japanese, raw fish and now mouldy Kit-Kats!! I blame Boris Johnson and Brexit. Too much trading outside of the EU, I'm sure EU countries wouldn't try to sell us, mouldy Kit-Kats. and raw fish!!  :oldangry:

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Much better day today now we have lost the shower trains - very late summer feels though fresh out of the sun which is notably lower in sky - air conditioning might be done with for year now .. Time to crank up the hot tub and pool instead  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Some great skies to enjoy this morning. The flat bottoms of the cumulus clouds nicely showing where the Lifted Condensation Level is - the point at which the rising water vapor from the sunshine condenses into a cloud droplet. Talking of droplets of water, in my absence in France last week my rain gauge chalked up 27mm of rain here last week. No wonder my lawn was looking greener when I got back. Looking forward to more August-like weather returning for the BH weekend, just in time for the Cider Festival in my local. :oldsmile:

1526652936_Cloud20Aug19cropped.thumb.jpg.e826ed29cdd131669b496140e3349617.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The BH weekend coming into the range of the high res models now and Arpege going for 26C/27C widely for our Region on Friday and 29C/30C on Saturday.  

2032932908_arpegeuk-Fri20Aug17_00.thumb.png.152b08546ee4ab31bf25c589fd6dc999.png547009147_arpegeuk-Sat21Aug17_00.thumb.png.f691806826e2b881e46a3e04acc409ae.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

Looking forward to the upcoming spell of hot weather. Nights drawing in quickly. Long gone are the days of pottering around the garden after 10pm.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

Up early with a cuppa and a recording of MeteoGroup's Weather for the Week Ahead, with Susan Powell. 

After pouring cold water earlier in the Week, on a warm/hot spell developing, as we head into the Bank Holiday Weekend and beyond, MeteoGroup have now come into line with other Forecast Agencies, in suggesting that scenario is very much "on the cards." Susan's headline caption stated, "Settling down, becoming warmer".

Ms Powell stated that a pretty weak Jet Stream will be meandering North, taking rain bearing weather systems well away from our area. Over the Weekend, the weak Jet Stream will split and a branch of it will push South, to the West of the UK, which will make Forecasting a little "tricky" but it doesn't look to have any adverse influence, on the weather for our Region. 

Today sees High Pressure in charge, over our area. So dry with long sunny spells today, with Max.Temps around 23/24c, for the London area. Tomorrow, sees a band of rain "fizzling out" as it moves towards our Region. So, we stay dry with sunny spells and a Max. of 24c, for the London area.

Friday again dry with long sunny spells and Max.Temps, for the London area up to 26c, as we start to import some warmer air, from the Continent. Both Saturday and Sunday look to stay dry and sunny for our Region with Max.Temps up a notch further, at 28c for the London area. 

A stronger Jet Stream looks to push further North as we head into next Week, maintaining a good deal of dry, sunny and very warm weather for our Region. Max.Temps for the London area around 28c on Bank Holiday Monday and 27c, on Tuesday and Wednesday. 

So, a settled and very warm spell of weather in the offing for our area and seemingly no rain in the Forecast, either.

That's my interpretation of MeteoGroup's extended Forecast for our Region, seen through the eyes of Susan Powell.

Regards,

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
5 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

Up early with a cuppa and a recording of MeteoGroup's Weather for the Week Ahead, with Susan Powell. 

After pouring cold water earlier in the Week, on a warm/hot spell developing, as we head into the Bank Holiday Weekend and beyond, MeteoGroup have now come into line with other Forecast Agencies, in suggesting that scenario is very much "on the cards." Susan's headline caption stated, "Settling down, becoming warmer".

Ms Powell stated that a pretty weak Jet Stream will be meandering North, taking rain bearing weather systems well away from our area. Over the Weekend, the weak Jet Stream will split and a branch of it will push South, to the West of the UK, which will make Forecasting a little "tricky" but it doesn't look to have any adverse influence, on the weather for our Region. 

Today sees High Pressure in charge, over our area. So dry with long sunny spells today, with Max.Temps around 23/24c, for the London area. Tomorrow, sees a band of rain "fizzling out" as it moves towards our Region. So, we stay dry with sunny spells and a Max. of 24c, for the London area.

Friday again dry with long sunny spells and Max.Temps, for the London area up to 26c, as we start to import some warmer air, from the Continent. Both Saturday and Sunday look to stay dry and sunny for our Region with Max.Temps up a notch further, at 28c for the London area. 

A stronger Jet Stream looks to push further North as we head into next Week, maintaining a good deal of dry, sunny and very warm weather for our Region. Max.Temps for the London area around 28c on Bank Holiday Monday and 27c, on Tuesday and Wednesday. 

So, a settled and very warm spell of weather in the offing for our area and seemingly no rain in the Forecast, either.

That's my interpretation of MeteoGroup's extended Forecast for our Region, seen through the eyes of Susan Powell.

Regards,

As predicted by a number on here a week/10 days ago...and certainly a possibility of going into the first week/10 days of September as no signs of the jet stream being anywhere near the UK. Makes you wonder with global warming if largely our weather is getting increasingly more predictable?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

What a glorious summer morning here, 19c barely any wind and I haven’t seen the sky such a deep blue like this since being in Egypt a few years ago, perfect ☀️ 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Great to see summery weather and warmth returning the region and amazingly, just in time for the BH weekend. I’m sure holidaymakers and associated businesses will be happy, after a lacklustre and often wet month, so far. Nothing too extreme forecast, temperature-wise, so shouldn’t feel too bad.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 5

Posted

Travelling to the NW at moment, woke to clear blue skies and temps approaching 20c.

Well that's now a distant memory as small white fluffy clouds in London have grown larger and larger and greyer and greyer until the blanket of doom is blocking out any hope of sunshine while passing Northampton with constant rain being reported in the NW reg.thread! What joy eh

Edited by Despicable Weather
Correcting the auto-correct ?
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
2 hours ago, Surrey said:

Summer is back ladies gents...girls and boys... Some said they were putting the garden furniture away.. Get it back out!!! 

Watch this summer now roll on and on and on... Scrap Autumn,, straight into a cold winter then a quick recovery into Spring 2020... That is wishful thinking 

Partly agree, watch summer roll on and on and then go into Autumn which lasts right through to March with a few days of Winter