Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Pouring in locksbottom and currently 13.3 degrees.Mate went to Lords today and not looking too clever there today either.at least if it is a washout he will get most of his money back!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Light patchy rain, can see even 5mm if this is what to expect for the rest of the day on and off. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
4 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

I think it is more to do with the fact that the biggest rain events have tended to not even cover this whole region, let alone the country so we have ended up with places seeing well below average rainfall whilst others have seen up to the double the average. No issues here, reservoirs full and everything is green as we have seen rain on and off after the near 48 hour rain event which came after the severe heat.

It was my sons first birthday yesterday and we celebrated with a family bbq. Perfect day for it with lots of sunshine, pleasantly warm and just a light breeze. Back to rain today though.

Just been on the Met office website having a look at 2018-19 rainfall averages compared to 1981-2010 average. Looks below normal for the south east to me but I’ll bow to your superior knowledge on this one. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow
2 hours ago, Oaks said:

Hi, I'm heading to Lords tomorrow,  Friday and Saturday for the 2nd Ashes test can any of you wonderful people who know about weather forecasting give me an idea of what the weather is going to be like ? The Met Office and BBC are in disagreement. Thanks in advance ??

Tomorrow looks a full days play,Friday starts off dry but rain coming in from west hitting Lords probably 2-3 pm and then persisting for rest of day.Uncertainty for Saturday but probably showery so take a brolly with you☔️.I have a friend who has gone today and not a ball bowled yet

Posted
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes, absolutely chucking it down here and has been all morning, big puddles stretching across the road and it is a very poor 14C. Could be November!

I wonder what we'll get in November - high teens and sunshine no doubt;) And yes, it continues to rain here with no walk for the dog who is less than keen to put it mildly and puddles galore.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It has been raining since 9 am until 2pm.  There will be more rain in the afternoon and will eventually die down after 5pm.  The trees, shrubs and the lawn have been completely refreshed.  The yellow parts of the lawn are hardly noticing and even the bald patches are disappearing with the appearance of new grass. Hopefully tomorrow will be a sunnier day which will help the growth of my plants.  The temperature is 16.8°C and the humidity is at 76%.  My weather station says that South Ockendon is getting sunshine. I have been out to do some shopping and my feet were soaking wet when I got back home.

Edited by Katrine Basso
More information
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Thurrock seems to get more rain that other areas in the South East.  I am thinking of getting a rain gauge to monitor how different the rainfall is compared to other areas.  The South East is a big area and I am sure there are areas that are getting more rain than average.

• Like 3

Posted

Thurrock has never had a hose pipe or have any other special measures to save water.  I have been in Thurrock since 2004.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Reefseeker said:

I wonder what we'll get in November - high teens and sunshine no doubt;) And yes, it continues to rain here with no walk for the dog who is less than keen to put it mildly and puddles galore.

It’s the thought of this weather possibly for the next 7 months that depresses me, but maybe it’ll be different, this year? Continuing to belt it down here at Heathrow

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
1 hour ago, Katrine Basso said:

Thurrock has never had a hose pipe or have any other special measures to save water.  I have been in Thurrock since 2004.

I used to live in Brentwood (1997 - 2015) and then Billericay (2015- 17) and we had a few hose pipe bans over the years so that's quite strange being just up the road!

Edited by James1979
  • Like 2

Posted

Yet another warning for thunderstorms all day,, had the same last week and nothing. Sunday boom we had a storm and only given warning at last minute! I swear the weather reports are worse than 20 years ago. They are way too far in advance now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I'm sure that storm warning was meant to be 'orrible fine rain. 

Beddy doing me proud again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
5 minutes ago, Dami said:

I'm sure that storm warning was meant to be 'orrible fine rain. 

Beddy doing me proud again.

And Camby! 

Posted
2 hours ago, James1979 said:

I used to live in Brentwood (1997 - 2015) and then Billericay (2015- 17) and we had a few hose pipe bans over the years so that's quite strange being just up the road!

I wonder if it could be that Thurrock is close to the river Thames.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

It's so urgh today, I was tempted to put the heating on but then I realised it's August and refused!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring
5 hours ago, Hotspur61 said:

Tomorrow looks a full days play,Friday starts off dry but rain coming in from west hitting Lords probably 2-3 pm and then persisting for rest of day.Uncertainty for Saturday but probably showery so take a brolly with you☔️.I have a friend who has gone today and not a ball bowled yet

Thanks ?? so we still could get a result then hopefully. Did try to get tickets for today but they had sold out,  luckily for me but they do a full refund if no play. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Currently 16c in Pitsea, bedroom is 21c but actually feeling chilly after a room temperature of 26-27c for the last few weeks! Doesn't help having a cold though

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
21 minutes ago, Essex Easterly. said:

Currently 16c in Pitsea, bedroom is 21c but actually feeling chilly after a room temperature of 26-27c for the last few weeks! Doesn't help having a cold though

Yes, certainly did feel a tad chilly, today. Actually turned our Lounge fans off, for the first time in many weeks!!

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Dismal summers day...rain 4.8mm and has been raining/drizzling on and off since 10.30am and a max temp of 17.7c but has felt colder than that due to the wind picking up in the afternoon.

5 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

It’s the thought of this weather possibly for the next 7 months that depresses me, but maybe it’ll be different, this year? Continuing to belt it down here at Heathrow

7 months might be a bit OTT even for this country, 2013/14 winter was one of the most depressing I can remember for rain, cloud and mildness but even that only lasted from late November to the early March (but seemed a lot longer)...but in most dank gloomy autumns / winters we generally have some spells of brighter weather with a lull in proceedings but I generally get where you're coming from.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

It’s funny how it’s warmer now than it has been throughout the day currently 18.1c with humidity at 96% actually feels quite warm outside at the moment 

Posted

23.2c max today and in Pm air (of sorts) between an area of 2 low pressures...again like the 26c made last Friday warmer than it should be in such synoptics, downhill again tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
20 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

7 months might be a bit OTT even for this country, 2013/14 winter was one of the most depressing I can remember for rain, cloud and mildness but even that only lasted from late November to the early March (but seemed a lot longer)...but in most dank gloomy autumns / winters we generally have some spells of brighter weather with a lull in proceedings but I generally get where you're coming from.

Indeed, that winter wasn’t just depressing where I’m from,  it was dangerous and destructive as the Thames floods forced nearly a thousand people from their homes and many properties and land suffered extensive damage. Hopefully something not to be repeated, any time soon.

A reasonable day today with sunny spells and average temperatures of 22C but not feeling that warm due to a fairly strong W’ly wind. 

• Like 2

Posted

Utterly dreadful winter 2013/14...weeks without sun (no exaggeration) and constant rain, wind and mildness. The Vitamin D tablets and cardboard box with daylight lamp was out in force in those months! SADDDD! (to quote Partridge).

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Utterly dreadful winter 2013/14...weeks without sun (no exaggeration) and constant rain, wind and mildness. The Vitamin D tablets and cardboard box with daylight lamp was out in force in those months! SADDDD! (to quote Partridge).

Do the vitamin D tablets work well? Have a mate who has been living in Oslo for 10 years now and he mentioned them to me the other week, as Norway winters are so long and lacking in daylight. Think I’ll give them a go