Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Yes a marked cool down with the passing of the showers got down to 7.8c here on the sandy soils of Esher common bit of mist around too - nice sunny morning but still a very fresh feeling 12.6c 

• Like 1

Posted

Our heating came on this morning! It’s set to 18 and came on. In August. Am I back in the Canadian Rockies lol 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Hoping the predicted rainfall on Wednesday afternoon makes an appearance rather than fizzling out. Desperate here, everything looks as bad as this time last year. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
5 hours ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Hoping the predicted rainfall on Wednesday afternoon makes an appearance rather than fizzling out. Desperate here, everything looks as bad as this time last year. 

Indeed!

Today was particularly frustrating: plenty of cumulus congestus passing over from the west, only for them to become fully-fledged cumulonimbuses, once they'd gone a few miles' offshore. SSTs must be quite high, for convection to only get going, once the clouds were out to sea...?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
7 hours ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

It certainly is needed around these parts. 

Local lake to us looks more like the Serengeti. 

45AB78F9-4CD9-4761-AED1-E57E9B648682.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

It's crazy, all you hear is how wet it is all the time and should August be this wet etc yet it's still been dry as a bone mostly around here overall as it has been for eons, such a dramatic split across parts of the country. Anything for a good deluge .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

I’m Gobsmacked at the Dry Posts , now  I’m not saying it’s not true but here it hasn’t stopped peeing down recently , I can hardly mow the lawn because it’s so waterlogged , what a difference a few miles make eh , 

personally I want Plume 3

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Some lightning out near the SE coast, wonder if anyone who lives at the eastern coast can see lightning.

Posted

I JUST SAW A FLASH FROM HERE WHAT ON EARTH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Maybe a domestic @zmstorm 

1F21A59D-86EC-4D27-ACA0-0B4AEAF80FEC.png

5832C512-3C18-4E95-915D-5D0DC05DE758.png

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted
15 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Maybe a domestic @zmstorm 

1F21A59D-86EC-4D27-ACA0-0B4AEAF80FEC.png

5832C512-3C18-4E95-915D-5D0DC05DE758.png

It's out in the sea near The Netherlands/Belgium. Storm has died out but got some nice orange lightning in the distance.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
8 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

I’m Gobsmacked at the Dry Posts , now  I’m not saying it’s not true but here it hasn’t stopped peeing down recently , I can hardly mow the lawn because it’s so waterlogged , what a difference a few miles make eh , 

I think it’s more a culmination of the lack of rain over the past 2-3 years in the south east including in the winter rather than a few passing showers in summer that might make the ground a bit soggy. Definitely noticeable around here that ponds that are normally full of life are either bone dry or have a muddy puddle in the middle. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
1 hour ago, shotski said:

I think it’s more a culmination of the lack of rain over the past 2-3 years in the south east including in the winter rather than a few passing showers in summer that might make the ground a bit soggy. Definitely noticeable around here that ponds that are normally full of life are either bone dry or have a muddy puddle in the middle. 

Netweather are only predicting 5mm for the Norwich area today.  That really isn't going to make a whole lot of difference! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
2 hours ago, shotski said:

I think it is more to do with the fact that the biggest rain events have tended to not even cover this whole region, let alone the country so we have ended up with places seeing well below average rainfall whilst others have seen up to the double the average. No issues here, reservoirs full and everything is green as we have seen rain on and off after the near 48 hour rain event which came after the severe heat.

It was my sons first birthday yesterday and we celebrated with a family bbq. Perfect day for it with lots of sunshine, pleasantly warm and just a light breeze. Back to rain today though.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Back to Blighty this morning and surprise surprise it’s chilly and wet No need of rain here in W London, everything green and reservoirs look full

• Like 2

Posted

Yep it’s a poor start to the day here in N Surrey - cool wet only 13.9c currently , waiting for the main band to clear through  before a dog walk !

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

I for one am enjoying waking up to rain hitting the window for once, don’t normally get to say that in this country, been very dry here recently

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Badgers01 said:

Yep it’s a poor start to the day here in N Surrey - cool wet only 13.9c currently , waiting for the main band to clear through  before a dog walk !

Same here in Surbiton, chucking it down and the dog won't even go out in the garden! My son asked if we could do an old-fashioned walk in the rain on Esher Common in our rain gear, but the car is out of action so sadly will have to give it a miss. Re: dry v wet, in this area, as others have said, everything is green and growing wildly with happy gardens and well-filled ponds. Amazing what a difference there is across a relatively small area like the south east. 

• Like 3

Posted

Yes I see absolutely no evidence locally of a deficit of rainfall over a couple of years !! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Just the last month or so any forecast for rain has either vanished or any showers have just dodged my area, bit on the chilly side however, I bet September is a warm dry benign month 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring

Hi, I'm heading to Lords tomorrow,  Friday and Saturday for the 2nd Ashes test can any of you wonderful people who know about weather forecasting give me an idea of what the weather is going to be like ? The Met Office and BBC are in disagreement. Thanks in advance ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
14 hours ago, Mark wheeler said:

Genuinely I've said it many times before in jest but it is like an invisible rain/storm shield here with a few exceptions now and then - somehow most of the time heavy rain either fizzles just as it gets here (no matter the direction it comes from - we are often a storm graveyard) or downpours trundle by just a few miles away.  I've been watering the garden practically every day this summer-  feels like a reverse oasis here, awful for an active weather fan.  Today... finally some decent accumulations of rain!!  A good day to wfh! 

• Like 1

Posted

Up to an impressive 11mm here in Cobham heavy persistent rain for quite a few hours now ...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Up to an impressive 11mm here in Cobham heavy persistent rain for quite a few hours now ...

Yes, absolutely chucking it down here and has been all morning, big puddles stretching across the road and it is a very poor 14C. Could be November!

• Like 1