Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

No Thunder here yet... I hope all of this clears away in the evening, as I’m going stargazing in Rye/Camber area.

Posted

Incoming storm - canary wharf region

storm.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Storms all around me , glimpses of the sun overhead 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Heavy slow moving rain showers here in N Surrey cool with it too - tumble dryer on for first day in ages definitely a whiff of Autumn in the air ....

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Heavy slow moving rain showers here in N Surrey cool with it too - tumble dryer on for first day in ages definitely a whiff of Autumn in the air ....

When we had that plume I said we'd pay for it in August but get a nice September. I hope I'm right about September otherwise it'll be very depressing going into autumn/winter like this

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

@Mark wheeler 

i gotta ask is that the old shed end from Stamford Bridge in your photo??? It certainly looks like it.

Hi Jimmy , It certainly is , I used to love going in the Shed End when I was younger , it’s just not the same anymore , I seemed to enjoy it more back then even if we won less . 

Still no rain for now it’s staying away .

• Like 1

Posted

i was up there in Frankies bar watching the blue boys yesterday. the shed wall always brings back memories. i loved the old shed end. grew up watching them with me dad.

Suns back out here next to the Barbican.

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

i was up there in Frankies bar watching the blue boys yesterday. the shed wall always brings back memories. i loved the old shed end. grew up watching them with me dad.

Suns back out here next to the Barbican.

I too also grew up watching them in the shed , Knees up mother brown etc . Positive for this season despite the loss yesterday.

Bit of rain now looks like the storm is literally skirting here .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Was watching the first episode of Chernobyl with my good Wife when that very heavy shower went through S,E.London. We were expecting a "radioactive" flash at any second but nothing occurred!! :oldgrin: 

Regards,

Tom  :hi:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

We were saying last night that there's a distinctive chill in the evening air that signals the closing of summer. Indeed there's no real heat that I can for the foreseeable future.

Hoping for an Indian summer to finish Summer. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
1 hour ago, CanadianCoops said:

When we had that plume I said we'd pay for it in August but get a nice September. I hope I'm right about September otherwise it'll be very depressing going into autumn/winter like this

I hope you are correct too ! Love balmy warmth in September and the great golden light you get with it - August continues to disappoint regardless of what the CET says ...!!??

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Nice looking clouds along with some over due thundery rain and a few flashes of lightning, was a bit unexpected 

CCF6ADAD-1468-454E-98C7-6E26DAC86AEC.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Miserable here today, rain 4 mm and at last a colder than average day and quite considerably 17.9c max.

• Like 3

Posted

Turned out to be quite a showery Afternoon, here in S.E.London with some lively downpours. As far as I'm aware though, no electrical activity seen or thunder heard. "Tail-end Charlie" exited here between 4.30 and 5.

Looks to be our coolest night for some time, coming up. Perhaps our 2 bedroom fans, will get a well deserved rest at last.

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 5

Posted

Definately a day of showers both here in Coulsdon and also up in town. Currently we have had 24.6mm today.

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, TomSE12 said:

Was watching the first episode of Chernobyl with my good Wife when that very heavy shower went through S,E.London. We were expecting a "radioactive" flash at any second but nothing occurred!! :oldgrin: 

Regards,

Tom  :hi:

Really looking forward to a cooler night, in our Bedroom. Although, my Wife has had the oven on tonight and our Bedroom sits right above our Kitchen, which may mean we still need one of the fans on. Its been so uncomfortable for quite a few weeks now.

For those of you that have seen the excellent Chernobyl Series, to cope with the crazy heat in our Bedroom, especially during that spell when we had Max.Temps of mid-30c,

I had to sleep as naked as a Ukrainian Coal Miner :shok: (Sorry, TMI).

Regards,

Tom.    :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
On 10/08/2019 at 20:53, Norfolk Sheep said:

We've lost about 99% of our apples  

Lost most of mine too and my Father’s one and only (tree very heavily endowed this year) was blown over. I’m hoping you aren’t apple farmers, losing that many? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
8 hours ago, Badgers01 said:

There's certainly a whiff of something in the air round here, but it ain't autumn 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Hey! I have just come back from an absolutely wonderful night of stargazing! It was very, very relaxing, with a near-full moon, plenty of stars, and a softly rolling ocean; We were at Camber sans.

Before it became fully dark, there was some lovely lightning over the channel! Not to mention, the sunset was nice. So in that regard, I killed two birds with one stone, in the fact that that was my 10th thunderstorm this year, and I managed to spot 7 perseid Meteors! It was a fairly cool night, even verging on chilly towards the end. 

When we got back to the car, there was condensation on the windows. Also, when we drove back, we went through an extremely localised patch of dog, not even a mile in diameter.

Im quite tired, yet fulfilled. I’m glad the weather played ball, even giving us a brilliant convective treat in the process! Goodnight!   

Edited by LightningLover
Grammar, stanley... (Ayyy reference!)
  • Like 6

Posted

Had several ‘monsoon’ downpours today but no thundery activity I’ve had the grand total of 1 thunder day this year which is as far as I know unheard of, really strange and interesting how variable it is across the southeast region... close but not close enough.

Today or yesterday now, turned out to be notably cool around 3pm the temperature dropped to 15C evaporative cooling at play, and it never really recovered from there, went out in garden topless briefly minutes ago... and for first time in a long while, I noticed a slight chill in the air, autumn must be coming!

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3