Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Really nice day, also the warmest part of the country with temperatures up to 26c in parts of Cambridgeshire.

The weekend - okay it looks very windy but actually there shouldn’t be too much rain with Sunday probably being the better day. Temperatures still on the warm side too.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

25.1c here today, third time at least 25 degrees has been made this August, not bad considering the synoptics. So far coolest day has been 22.3c

Edited by Froze were the Days

Posted

watched  helen  willies on the  bbc  she was sound rather  worried reg the winds  that is  comeing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

On location for a photo shoot today - major swimming pool envy !

F85B5048-95C8-40EF-8CC1-236F2DB16816.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Evening all,  I've just relocated from Luton to Kettering.  And I must say in the few days I have been here we have had all sorts of weather!! 

I'm loving it!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Anyone would think it’s monsoon season the way the media are going on. Couple of hours of rain and a bit of wind Friday night & Saturday and then changeable next week with showers, sunshine & temps around average, where’s the news story for our region?? 

Largely dry today in the southeast after a wet start. 

Edited by shotski
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, shotski said:

Anyone would think it’s monsoon season the way the media are going on. Couple of hours of rain and a bit of wind Friday night & Saturday and then changeable next week with showers, sunshine & temps around average, where’s the news story for our region?? 

Largely dry today in the southeast after a wet start. 

Not sure tomorrow will feel like a normal windy day.. It might do in the depths of winter.. But trees are in full leaf the area on trees that the wind can "act on" is far far greater than in winter.. Don't forgot the 1000s of people up and down the country in caravans, tents etc and a lot of people towing vehicles that might not normally tow etc.. 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

I guess most of the warnings are away from the SE as it won't be as bad here but as Suurey says, people do much more outside this time of year.

Edited by all weather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Oh yes definitely agree with the posts above. 

Its just the media seem to be going a little over the top on this one, maybe it’s because of the run of dry weather we’ve had. Time will tell I guess. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I think it rained overnight. A bit. The lack of rainfall in the east should be highlighted!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

My friend is getting married today and they really wanted the ceremony to be outside, but that's not going to happen now. But rain or sun, I'm sure she'll have an amazing day.

Storm chances have been decreasing the closer we've got to today for me, also gone from all day rain, to just morning rain.

• Like 1

Posted

Wasn’t it supposed to be raining here today/overnight? You’d have thought with the warning covering Suffolk we’d at least have gotten a puddle or two! And anglia weather saying thunder showers to come through later, believe it when I see it 

• Like 1

Posted
50 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Wasn’t it supposed to be raining here today/overnight? You’d have thought with the warning covering Suffolk we’d at least have gotten a puddle or two! And anglia weather saying thunder showers to come through later, believe it when I see it 

I recorded 3mm  It was like...well....not a lot really. I've seen wetter grass from heavy dew tbh.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Seems like most times when we have Atlantic storms/deep depressions (even at the time of year) we miss most of the 'bad' conditions, certainly for wind/rain, recorded 3.8mm of rain this morning and going by the forecast that will be about it - but going by the ECM looks like there could be a wet Wednesday/Thursday in the offing.

One thing we don't miss out here though is the humidity...feels really muggy out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

The yellow warning should have been to warn people they may need to dust down their umbrella for the morning. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal
2 hours ago, Lauren said:

My friend is getting married today and they really wanted the ceremony to be outside, but that's not going to happen now. But rain or sun, I'm sure she'll have an amazing day.

Storm chances have been decreasing the closer we've got to today for me, also gone from all day rain, to just morning rain.

I have two weddings this weekend to shoot, tomorrow is in Dorset and is all outside under gazebos.
I do really really hope the winds are downgraded! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

I know the winds are coming, but what a non event so far.
I without checking the details presumed we would be flooded and have 40mph winds by now, stupid me for not looking at it more closely.

Very very very muggy humid foul weather, cant wait till all these southwest winds are blown away with a fresher air stream.

This muggy weather is what kills tomatoes and late pots this time of the year.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Had really heavy downpour just after midnight and I'm sure I heard a few rumbles of thunder around 5am when it was raining again. 

Sun's out now and windy.

Posted
48 minutes ago, all weather said:

At this rate, I might have to water the garden later.....

I've resisted doing so, so far - bar the phlox which always look like dying ducks in a thunderstorm after a few days without rain! Daily pot and basket watering though as expected. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

5mm overnight which was welcome - really warm and humid with bright blue skies and potentially deep convective clouds racing past - too windy to sit out under a brolly by the pool though as had to put them down ... reckon a heavy shower at some point though ...

FE809DA3-DF82-4196-8E27-2E3C4BF43DB1.jpeg

9D8ECCCA-6331-48AE-835A-8B7E428A4328.jpeg

Edited by Badgers01