Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not bad in the sun with the temperature reached 24c, a couple of thundery showers this afternoon with some stunning cloudscapes on offer as the showers cleared.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Yet another warm one here too, max temp today here on the Essex coast 24.4c though breezy - again warmer than forecast at the weekend!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Four minutes of light rain yesterday, showers even more isolated today (not sure they could be any more isolated but hey ho!) Hoping for some decent rainfall Friday/Saturday. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I am still waiting for rain that was forecasted first for Monday, then it changed to Tuesday and now Wednesday as the rain seems to be passing through East Anglia and by passing Essex.  It is very frustrating as my garden needs the rain.  Hopefully there will be rain on Friday and that it will be a good soaking.

Partly cloudy sky with scattered cumulus clouds and sunny spells. 

The temperature is 19.2°C at 9:49 am.

• Like 2

Posted

Driest my garden has been all summer including that dry spell in July, grass has stopped growing...since the last week of June we've had many dry fairly sunny days and continuously warm (other than the hot snap) just with the odd rainy day. The odd breezy day as well but noticeably muggier in the last week or so. Even though the weather since the end of June has largely been Atlantic oriented it shows just how little effect fronts have on the more southern and eastern counties...

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
1 hour ago, Norfolk Sheep said:

Four minutes of light rain yesterday, showers even more isolated today (not sure they could be any more isolated but hey ho!) Hoping for some decent rainfall Friday/Saturday. 

Good morning, NS...I was on the farm yesterday, and the soil was like piles of dust; so, aye, rain is desperately needed in these parts.:oldgood:

Edited by Ed Stone
Early morning Trump finger.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Radar shows rain over my area but nothing is falling...

76147173-FA33-4C3A-9854-50B4D4CCEDE1.png

Edited by Freeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Heavy showers at Heathrow earlier. Sunnier now 

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Heavy showers at Heathrow earlier. Sunnier now 

Yep. just caught the edge of one or two fast-moving showers here, although they seem to be headed more to the south of us now. One of those days when, if the sun comes out just for a few minutes it feels incredibly hot until the clouds take over again.

• Like 2

Posted

Goats? Winter goats, is that a thing now?? Where do I get my winter goat?

Just got caught under one of those sharp showers - it was quite pelty if that's a word.

That stiff breeze yesterday did a surprising amount of wind damage to various things at the allotment including felling two corn on the cob pants which a sturdy things.

This weekend's trip to the Purbeck has become a Sunday daytrip

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

There had been an unexpected shower of rain at 2pm which I tried to capture with my camera but the rain stopped by the time I got outside.  Here is what the sky looks like now.

Garden photos 7.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, Reefseeker said:

Yep. just caught the edge of one or two fast-moving showers here, although they seem to be headed more to the south of us now. One of those days when, if the sun comes out just for a few minutes it feels incredibly hot until the clouds take over again.

There’s a long line of lively showers across parts of Surrey and S London, some intense echoes! Here, heavy rain for 30 seconds then it stops. Mainly cloudy skies now.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

We had a really intense and fairly prolonged downpour earlier which was good for the garden of course and now the clouds have built up again - looking pretty dark out, expecting another downpour just in time for my cycle home

Posted

Reached 24c here today AGAIN warmer than forecast and the Beeb said at lunch tomorrow will be warmer...looks like being certainly a warm start to August in the south east and even on Friday under the rain and wind highs of 23c are predicted.

Posted
1 hour ago, Froze were the Days said:

Reached 24c here today AGAIN warmer than forecast and the Beeb said at lunch tomorrow will be warmer...looks like being certainly a warm start to August in the south east and even on Friday under the rain and wind highs of 23c are predicted.

Warmer than which forecast? The BBC? The Met Office have been pretty accurate 

Posted
15 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Warmer than which forecast? The BBC? The Met Office have been pretty accurate 

BBC I should say - forecast maxes of 22/23 this afternoon at lunchtime, but this coastline always does well temperature wise in the summer under SW or W direction winds, local Beeb stations predicting near 25 in the south east on Friday in the yuck to come.

Posted
4 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

BBC I should say - forecast maxes of 22/23 this afternoon at lunchtime, but this coastline always does well temperature wise in the summer under SW or W direction winds, local Beeb stations predicting near 25 in the south east on Friday in the yuck to come.

Met Office are predicting maximums of 24 tomorrow and the same on Friday, though it probably won’t feel all that warm in the strong winds and heavy showers. Then downhill from there with gales on Saturday. Next week looks a bit more like October with GFS going for more deep Atlantic lows and gales. ECM not showing anything so dramatic, but maximum temperatures expected to scape a mediocre 20-21C at best. Maybe better to come again later in August? August hasn’t started too badly in the SE, at least, unlike other parts. 

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted

Down in our ‘second home’ Winchelsea for the week, the sunny south coast never disappoints! Was pretty windy today.. warm enough in sun to not feel cool, but doesn’t really have anything on what’s to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
22 hours ago, Katrine Basso said:

I am still waiting for rain that was forecasted first for Monday, then it changed to Tuesday and now Wednesday as the rain seems to be passing through East Anglia and by passing Essex.  It is very frustrating as my garden needs the rain.  Hopefully there will be rain on Friday and that it will be a good soaking.

Partly cloudy sky with scattered cumulus clouds and sunny spells. 

The temperature is 19.2°C at 9:49 am.

Yep, back to missing the rain here, we deflect almost all showers and general rain as per usual, it's always just passing by giving somewhere else a downpour. Even later/tomorrow looks like just a splash on the BBC graphics. Why is it so hard to get rain around here yet the other side of the country is drowning? 

Edited by James1979
  • Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, James1979 said:

Yep, back to missing the rain here, we deflect almost all showers and general rain as per usual, it's always just passing by giving somewhere else a downpour. Even later/tomorrow looks like just a splash on the BBC graphics. Why is it so hard to get rain around here yet the other side of the country is drowning? 

Always laugh that we get the heat and humidity around here, but the decent storms skirt around us and effect areas less hot and humid.

• Like 1

Posted
9 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Met Office are predicting maximums of 24 tomorrow and the same on Friday, though it probably won’t feel all that warm in the strong winds and heavy showers. Then downhill from there with gales on Saturday. Next week looks a bit more like October with GFS going for more deep Atlantic lows and gales. ECM not showing anything so dramatic, but maximum temperatures expected to scape a mediocre 20-21C at best. Maybe better to come again later in August? August hasn’t started too badly in the SE, at least, unlike other parts. 

Yes have to say doesn't look great for the next week/10 days...seems to be rather typical of Augusts but this looks to be on a bit of a different level and even here in the south east looks like we're not going to escape frequent belts of rain (which has not been the always the case in past Augusts). As you say this month has started well but nothing too dramatic or noteworthy just consistent warmth and hardly any traceable rain in these parts. 

I fancy a return to more settled conditions later in the month and into September and return to positive temp anomalies, just a hunch as a few other posters have alluded to.

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Yes have to say doesn't look great for the next week/10 days...seems to be rather typical of Augusts but this looks to be on a bit of a different level and even here in the south east looks like we're not going to escape frequent belts of rain (which has not been the always the case in past Augusts). As you say this month has started well but nothing too dramatic or noteworthy just consistent warmth and hardly any traceable rain in these parts. 

I fancy a return to more settled conditions later in the month and into September and return to positive temp anomalies, just a hunch as a few other posters have alluded to.

Yes, bit of a shame that August seems to go downhill then September settles down and warms up again. Rather it was the other way around and more typical of the seasons but it’s the UK, after all. Tomorrow and Saturday will certainly be interesting but gales in summer don’t excite me one bit.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
On 07/08/2019 at 10:11, Ed Stone said:

Good morning, NS...I was on the farm yesterday, and the soil was like piles of dust; so, aye, rain is desperately needed in these parts.:oldgood:

Hi Ed, it's dreadful isn't it? I've only got 9mm of rainfall recorded for July which mostly came from the storms at the end of the month. My autumn garden clearance is now 2 months early and the grazing is looking sad, admittedly not as bad as last year but not far off. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Not quite that dry here, but the verges and field margins are pretty brown.  Having gone form here to the East Midlands and back on Monday, it actually seems driest around South Cambridgeshire and south-west Norfolk, though it wasn't particularly lush even in the Vale of Belvoir which surprised me.

Posted

Looking at  the  models it  could be a little bit interesting to say the least for the next 2  day's  , I  hope all the bad weather all  gone    bye September going to be  hot for them first 2 weeks I'm on holiday,,,