Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted

Quite heavy rain here. Just looking at the radar and lightning maps. Quite interesting to see the line of lightning strikes across France, is there chance of those reaching here?

Still a very muggy night tonight. Fans still in good use.

• Like 2

Posted

Certainly feels more humid now than it did when I first left the house this morning. 

I’m actually looking forward to a day or two of on/off rain this weekend after the heat. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Some very useful rain over west London over the last hour or two with a cooler feel. 

An amazing week of weather for the true enthusiast this week, though I imagine that most will be glad the extreme heat has gone.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 7

Posted
27 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Some very useful rain over west London over the last hour or two with a cooler feel. 

A amazing week of weather for the true enthusiast this week, though I imagine that most will be glad the extreme heat has gone.

I couldn't resist standing in the garden enjoying the rain for a minute after so much heat the past few days. You are right, the weather enthusiast in me loves the extremes, but the person who needs to sleep in me is over the moon it's raining tonight!

• Like 4

Confused.. The EURO4 runs yesterday look more akin to what is on radar now than the latest run.. 

Im guessing it will back track this morning.. I am surprised how much surface water flooding there is round my way. I went down the road in the car to get a coffee and one road is completely covered in water.. Im trying to play the radar back to see what hapepend over night.. 

Somewhere today is going to get the full effect of this very stubborn front and flooding a real issue..

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Having started yesterday Morning's Post with a "pinched" song lyric, today's has to be:

"What a difference a day makes, 24 little hours, la la la."

Wow, how much more comfortable was last night.

Colette and myself still needed our two Bedroom fans on, as accumulated heat in our Bedroom takes a long time to disperse. But it was so nice to feel cool air circulating, rather than warm, as has been the case for the majority of the past Week. Colette had to pull our duvet back over her, during the night. It was very important that she had a good night's sleep, as I've just seen her off at the front door, as she set off for a 12 hour shift at the Care Home. No casual wear today though, back in her official uncomfortable Polyester, BUPA uniform.

Still a very uncomfortable day, awaits her poor thing!! It was great to stand at the front door and feel the refreshing cool air on my face and hear the pitter patter of raindrops and the "swishing" sound of traffic, on the South Circular.

Having watched both Chris Fawkes' (Weather for the Week ahead) and Ben Rich with today's Forecast. I won't be popular on here but nice to see a Front straddled across our Region, offering more widespread useful rainfall (which our parched landscape, surely needs), rather than yesterday's random, "hit and miss", thundery downpours. Ben Rich actually used the term "thundery rain", so perhaps an embedded flash of lightning and rumble of thunder today, to keep the Brontophiles amongst you interested. The portion of the Front over our Region should start to weaken, this Afternoon, with rain petering out. Drier tomorrow with Max. temps back up to 24c, after an overnight low of 17c.

Some doubt about next Week, whether it becomes unsettled or drier but both Ben and Chris emphasised NO return of heatwave conditions, with much more comfortable Night time temperatures for sleeping. Hallelujah!!

Regards,

Tom.    :hi:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Crikey, have just been back up to our Bedroom. The fans have only been off for 2 hours and it's already very uncomfortable and "muggy", up there.

A glance at the Dew Point Temperature on the Meteociel website, tells the tale. 15c/16c, over the majority of our Region.

image.thumb.png.f66592ae12b1e3d477ce8f7b15e378a7.png 

But still infinitely more comfortable than the past few days, as the Temperatures at ground level are a lot cooler. 

image.thumb.png.4fea7b8d0eeb5c5b0e113b40673905d5.png

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

And so begins what looks like 48 hours of solid rain. There goes my plans for doing anything in the garden.

Posted
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Colette had to pull our duvet back over her, during the night. It was very important that she had a good night's sleep, as I've just seen her off at the front door, as she set off for a 12 hour shift at the Care Home. No casual wear today though, back in her official uncomfortable Polyester, BUPA uniform.

Still a very uncomfortable day, awaits her poor thing!

Tom,

What an awful prospect. Colette must be a real saint if she is anything like the staff at my mother’s (103) care home.  Went and saw her yesterday. Hadn’t a clue who I was, so had to explain yet again. Go armed with an iPad so I can show her photos both old and new to try and prompt a memory or conversation. Said whilst I was there what has happened to the other one (my brother I assumed). Had to gently explain yet again he died a couple of years ago. Life can be very cruel to our nearest and dearest.

Anyway by great skill organised a garden party for the family here today.  Timing couldn’t have been worse. All in the garage it seems.  Not exactly what was planned. Hey ho!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It is a much cooler and fresher day after the overnight rain which is still falling now as I am typing at 9:28 am.  The temperature is 19.2°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Earlier on this morning I went out to my back garden in the rain wearing my Victorian style cotton night dress to look at the state of my herbaceous borders and shrubs as well as my flowers and trees. I hope it won't be long before my wildflower seed bombs being to germinate. 

Even though the outside temperature has gone down, the indoor temperature is much higher at 25.°C.  The outside humidity has increased to 71% and the barometric pressure is falling.

Posted
11 hours ago, CanadianCoops said:

I drove the car from Medway to Herne Bay yesterday at 5pm and it registered as 39oC the whole way. How accurate are car thermometers? Either way I think many places surpassed the record temp of 38.5oC but unfortunately the official sites are few and far between in north Kent. 

Temperatures have to be taken in the shade.

• Like 2

Posted

Finally some cooler air has arrived, not as much rain as expected, seems to have gone west of us after a couple of short lived heavy showers early this am. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!

Best week in many years for me weatherwise,  something interesting happening most days and 5 separate rounds of thunderstorms after waiting an eternity for some. Useful rain today too, happy days.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
15 hours ago, shotski said:

Just found this out by mistake but if you want to create that Spanish holiday atmosphere in your garden in the summer, release a box of adult crickets. Sounds just like Andalusia

My garden sounds like that anyway, lot's of wild crickets around here. On and off spots of light rain here, nothing heavy yet.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Steady needed rain this morning.

However there are snails every where, climbing everywhere, they must be enjoying this, having been hidden for a long time.
Never seen so many in the day, back garden however only a few as keep them well under control as I like to eat my fruit and veg not donate it to snails and slugs.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Chucking it down again in locksbottom and has been for about 30 mins.the really heavy stuff seems east of me and there looks quite a big band coming over from Belgium which I think will give eastern areas of this rhread(east Kent Essex Suffolk mainly) another good soaking.we had very heavy rain from about 6am-10am and would guess we had a good 15-20mm of rain in that spell.still pleasantly warm though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Rain today’s  showing the rain to the north of London coming in from one direction and to the south the  showers coming from the complete opposite direction  . 

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

32 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Rain today’s  showing the rain to the north of London coming in from one direction and to the south the  showers coming from the complete opposite direction  . 

Yep the rain is higher up, the showers are low and in our northeasterly. 

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Loving the rain and the much cooler temps, been nice having some cool air in the flat, and being able to do simple things, without losing 59 pints of moisture

• Like 4

Posted

so  much better  gotthe windows  open to let  the cold wind in to get the hot air out

Posted

It's still warm indoors at 25.4°C and the outdoor temperature is 17°C.

• Like 1

Posted

There has been lots of lovely rain which only stopped at 10 pm which saved me the job of watering my garden.