Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
3 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

Nightmare last night...power cut, no fans or anything - it was like trying to get to sleep in a sauna. Lightning was flashing all around and as there were no lights in the house the lightning showed up all the gaps under the doors and the recesses...it was like something out of a horror movie. Strangely when it did rain outside it seemed to cool the bedroom momentarily and once stopped the temperature seem to rise slightly again.

Please no more of this...

Same here except we retained power other than on one occasion it cut for about a second or so.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Be thankful you are not in Holland, Belgium Germany, temps up to 35c again and in places higher.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

That rain line is running north north west, so those that have it will keep it as it doesnt seem to be moving eastwards, just we have cloud now but the heat ( not as hot) wont go here till tomorrow I think when that cold front finally passes over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

We had a close one, last night...it was so close, in fact, that it wiped all our magnetic key fobs. It was also rather loud!:shok:

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

St Neots in Cambridgeshire at 11 to 11:30 had big storm; with rain so torrential I pulled off A1 as it was unsafe and waited it out. Lots of spectacular lightning with thunder shaking the car -  far easier to sit and marvel at nature’s fury than driving blind through it  A whole line of us came off A1, hung around then back on, once the rain reduced to a more manageable downpour. 

Anyone travelling on A1 today? In a word don’t - closed until 4:30pm for emergency repairs between Sandy and Black Cat roundabout (A421 west to Bedford, Milton Keynes and M1).  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
7 minutes ago, warrenb said:

Incoming east coast of Kent

Thanks for the heads up. Was about To walk to the shops, just checked radar after reading this.

• Like 1

Posted
45 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

We had a close one, last night...it was so close, in fact, that it wiped all our magnetic key fobs. It was also rather loud!:shok:

Have a check around the area - the close one I mentioned that happened on Wednesday morning hot a house around 200 yards from us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

The cold front may have introduced cooler temperatures, but its' done nothing for the humidity. Still very sticky out there! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It's still humid over in Thurrock, does not feel much cooler than it was yesterday night.  At least I had a good night's sleep albeit on my settee as my bedroom was too humid to sleep in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
57 minutes ago, Soaring Hawk said:

St Neots in Cambridgeshire at 11 to 11:30 had big storm; with rain so torrential I pulled off A1 as it was unsafe and waited it out. Lots of spectacular lightning with thunder shaking the car -  far easier to sit and marvel at nature’s fury than driving blind through it  A whole line of us came off A1, hung around then back on, once the rain reduced to a more manageable downpour. 

Anyone travelling on A1 today? In a word don’t - closed until 4:30pm for emergency repairs between Sandy and Black Cat roundabout (A421 west to Bedford, Milton Keynes and M1).  

Done well this week here finally!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Here yesterday's and today's photos of the oncoming storm.

The on coming storm 4.JPG

Storm clouds 6.JPG

• Like 1

Posted

Earlier on I heard a loud of crackle of lightning but I could not see where it was coming from.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Feeling about () that much cooler compared to yesterday! Still hot and humid and without the decent onshore breeze we had. Still, can't complain after two excellent stormy interludes. Drove through heavy rain last night with a lot of surface water towards the coast but very little rain at home, barely 3mm. Luckily I'm one of those who can sleep anywhere any time so the hot nights haven't been an issue at all. Hate me now! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Large variations between models with rainfall over the next couple of days. Euro 4 being one the most extreme with some intense downpours showing tomorrow morning across the south east. This leading to some very large rainfall totals. Worth keeping an eye on!
19072709_2606.thumb.gif.a96936417f337c56434f83a1ee86f299.gif19072721_2606.thumb.gif.cc3332d8042c47ddc43bf9feee382183.gif

• Like 2

Posted

The indoor temperature is 27.9 Celsius and the outdoor temperature  is 23.4 Celsius at 2.18pm.

Posted

Looks like the UK Record has gone after all. Met office just tweeted that they have received a provisional recording of 38.7c @ Cambridge Botanical gardens. Still needs to be verified but looking good. 

Edited by No Balls Like Snow Balls
  • Like 5

Posted

Storm has set up just north-east of Norwich from a line of cells which developed over the past hour or so just to the south of a cluster of weaker showers.  We can hear infrequent rumbles here a few miles south-west of Norwich.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
11 minutes ago, Surrey said:

For the sake of not getting flooded I hope the arome is wrong.. No thanks 

accprecip_20190726_06_034.thumb.jpg.ebd39482e09ae444336fdd77c5866ff4.jpg

Dare I say it... Surrey needs a bit of rain. Grass is looking parched.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Dare I say it but wasn’t yesterday just one of the worst days ? I appreciate some people like extreme heat but the majority of people yesterday seemed to be hating every minute of it  and I didn’t see much enjoyment like you would with a snow day. Don’t get me wrong the evening was nice in the garden having drinks with friends but the heat during the day wasn’t enjoyable one little bit. I’m really hoping we don’t get a repeat any time soon. 

• Like 8

Posted

When’s the cooler air supposed to arrive? Still horribly hot n humid here, felt lousy all day, especially after the lack of sleep due to heat and thunder last night. And the suns come out again, so temps feel to be going upwards! Still 28c 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, shotski said:

Dare I say it but wasn’t yesterday just one of the worst days ? I appreciate some people like extreme heat but the majority of people yesterday seemed to be hating every minute of it  and I didn’t see much enjoyment like you would with a snow day. Don’t get me wrong the evening was nice in the garden having drinks with friends but the heat during the day wasn’t enjoyable one little bit. I’m really hoping we don’t get a repeat any time soon. 

I'm convinced that most ordinary people, i.e. not weather enthusiasts, found yesterday too hot in southern and Eastern England.

• Like 4