Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
4 minutes ago, Sidsnake said:

Dami.. I hope today brings some relief for you.  Ive got heart valve problems and although I'm classed as pretty fit yesterday utterly wiped me.... And I'm not the only one... A fair few chums have felt extremely unwell.  All the best x

hey! Hope you feel better today. I just went out for a walk in the rain and it was lovely.:) I am feeling much better, but last night was a challenge. 

• Like 1

Posted

Morning...what a horrendous night's sleep! Woken up intermittently from midnight until 2am due to rumbles of thunder, 2am due to a heavy shower then after that slept through to 5am (again with rumbly interruptions!). Hottest night I’ve experienced in this house and one which I hope doesn’t get repeated soon!

Currently 20.5c which is better but feeling humid. Got a feeling it’s going to be a muggy day, with the far east/SE hanging onto the continental warmth as long as it can.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Well to paraphrase Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons:

"Oh what a night, late July back in 2019, wasn't a special time for me. What humidity, what a night!!".

I moved into, my then girlfriend's house, here in Lee in 2006. Without a doubt, last night was the most uncomfortable night's sleep, I've had here. Horrendous!!

Despite having TWO fans on full blast all night, I basically lay in a pool of sweat(sorry, probably TMI.), all night. 

Had rivulets of the "S" word, running down my neck and back.

We had to resort to getting up a couple of times, to put a couple of wet flannels into our Freezer, for a few minutes and apply them to our faces. Very refreshing.

Poor Colette, is now suffering an early Morning shift at a Residential Care Home in Chislehurst, where the residents don't like the windows open. because of draughts!! At least she was allowed to wear casual, light fitting clothes. So, she went off to work this Morning, resembling an "end of termer". A concession from BUPA, rather than wear their Staff unfriendly Polyester uniforms. Paid a pittance to endure dreadful working conditions. Shocking!!

How anybody can enjoy this sort of Weather, is beyond me!! :cc_confused:

Roll on Cold Front!! 

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

• Like 4

Posted

I've a feeling that although we didn't break the hottest day time temperature yesterday, it might have been the warmest night time one. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

This Blitzortung image nicely captures where all the overnight lightning action occurred (each dot a flash):

259235571_Lightningrecord25-26July.thumb.jpg.42690b8a9b7953227d801227da6c41c0.jpg

Source: http://lightningmaps.org

So the all-time record of 38.5C wasn't broken, but here in the East it was nevertheless the hottest July day on record:

CAMBRIDGESHIRE: 38.1C Cambridge NIAB
ESSEX: 37.7C Writtle
BEDFORDSHIRE: 37.1C Woburn
NORFOLK: 36.5C Marham
SUFFOLK: 36.2C Brooms Barn
BUCKINGHAMSHIRE: 36.1C Stowe

1747838601_MaxTemps25JulyEast.thumb.jpg.820bdb004c76c0fa889d546a7c7424d0.jpg

Courtesy of Dan Holley, Weatherquest, Twitter @danholley_

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well a storm finally rolled to the West of us last night about 4am. Never got directly overhead and lightning was mainly elevated but almost continuous rumbles..

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
43 minutes ago, Dami said:

hey! Hope you feel better today. I just went out for a walk in the rain and it was lovely.:) I am feeling much better, but last night was a challenge. 

Dami... Yes its much cooler thank God and I'm feeling better... Glad to hear you are too x

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

Well to paraphrase Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons:

"Oh what a night, late July back in 2019, wasn't a special time for me. What humidity, what a night!!".

I moved into, my then girlfriend's house, here in Lee in 2006. Without a doubt, last night was the most uncomfortable night's sleep, I've had here. Horrendous!!

Despite having TWO fans on full blast all night, I basically lay in a pool of sweat(sorry, probably TMI.), all night. 

Had rivulets of the "S" word, running down my neck and back.

We had to resort to getting up a couple of times, to put a couple of wet flannels into our Freezer, for a few minutes and apply them to our faces. Very refreshing.

Poor Colette, is now suffering an early Morning shift at a Residential Care Home in Chislehurst, where the residents don't like the windows open. because of draughts!! At least she was allowed to wear casual, light fitting clothes. So, she went off to work this Morning, resembling an "end of termer". A concession from BUPA, rather than wear their Staff unfriendly Polyester uniforms. Paid a pittance to endure dreadful working conditions. Shocking!!

How anybody can enjoy this sort of Weather, is beyond me!! :cc_confused:

Roll on Cold Front!! 

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

With you there Tom... When I worked in care the elderly couldn't bear having the windows open... Utter histrionics when one was open a crack... The Home Conservatory was like a furnace in the summer but one elderly gentleman insisted on keeping the door shut... Glad I'm not doing that anymore.  Poor Collette... I hope her shift passes quickly. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Saw a few flashes of lightning on the way to work, managed to miss all of them though. Quite an impressive sky this morning with clear skies mixed with scattered storms.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, what a night that was: strobe lightning, torrential rain and getting-on for gale-force winds! On a par with July 2015, perhaps?:oldgrin:

• Like 1

Posted

I do believe that I hears ye rumbles of thunder in olde Tunbridge Wells ⚡

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms
18 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Well, what a night that was: strobe lightning, torrential rain and getting-on for gale-force winds! On a par with July 2015, perhaps?:oldgrin:

Almost as good as the 16th/17th but needed to be a tad further west! It was good fun though  

Posted

Hideous nights sleep, not dropping below 30c to very early morning. However, a very refreshing 19c outside with frequent light showers. 

Posted

Morning all

Didn't sleep too badly - tepid shower before bed generally works.

The flow remains SSE to NNW with bursts of thundery rain coming off the continent across London and heading into the east midlands. Incredibly, East Ham missed everything last evening - we had a storm to the west and one to the east and the later evening action was about 30-40 miles east of us over the estuary and into Essex and Suffolk.

It looks as though we'll catch something from this morning with some heavy rain over SE London heading our way. 

Still warm and it'll take some days for the sturdy London brick to give up its heat but a sense the worst is over for now.

• Like 1

Posted

Tonbrisge storm shield to full affect last night. Storms to the left of me storms to the right here i am stuck in the middle with phew

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

Refreshing outside at 18.8c when i got up at 7.45am, but every item in out bathroom cabinet very warm to the touch. Very strange. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
2 hours ago, Dami said:

At 5:45am hubs and I decided the heat had finally beaten us and got up. Our room hadn't got past 32c all night and it was raining a bit *heads into garden*

Had bit of bobs of rain/thunder but even after enough water to fill a small pool I had the worst headache and slept through it. I am feeling quite ill atm.

Similar room temp here Dami, also thunder rumbling from 2am on and off until 7 - I was up, standing in the rain with my dog in that heavy shower around 7. Hope you feel better now; I haven’t shifted my dreadful headache yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
Just now, Soaring Hawk said:

Similar room temp here Dami, also thunder rumbling from 2am on and off until 7 - I was up, standing in the rain with my dog in that heavy shower around 7. Hope you feel better now; I haven’t shifted my dreadful headache yet.

Hi:) Headache seems to have gone for now. The room is still in the 30's. But yep feel much better ty, even more so after my early morning stormy walk!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

EURO4 has churned something odd out.. 

204436004_EURO1.thumb.gif.696be4e38b0822b99d72ef320bedcdf9.gif712048137_EURO2.thumb.gif.eb3dd7cd18106f8c0a8868e9f391f76a.gif332578171_EURO3.thumb.gif.c30eaf9d533b3961d6fe99620b8d962d.gif138158724_EURO4.thumb.gif.22cc90c555b2687f1620aba83219994c.gif

1577490350_EURO5.thumb.gif.9c09e94c84af492383e2c2c002ad87cd.gif1117998425_EURO6.thumb.gif.433224b460ebf1d0fd4f5816f4aa89a7.gif244141912_EURO7.thumb.gif.bb27464217345c95f8fd943e69fb33ee.gif

Slow moving storm overhead lots thunder. Heavy spots of rain I can believe that prediction

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring

I live in a flat and I swear the person below me have gone out and left the heating on, my flat is unbearably hot I'm literally sweating just sitting here and I've had a small mobile air con on pretty all day yesterday. Worse nights sleep I've had during this heatwave. Took a walk to the shop and it was such a relief so much cooler, distant rumbles of thunder and now a heavy shower (Sevenoaks) 

Posted
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL
  • Location: Chelsfield, Orpington (Kent / SE London) - 115m ASL

Well, I'm definitely flagging after 3 nights of very broken sleep. I was hoping for a nice storm last night but we had one rumble of thunder and a 25 second shower at about 6.30pm last night, then another couple of flashes and low rumbles with some rain at about 5am - that was the entent of it! When I left for work at 8am the heavens opened and looking at the radar, Orpington is going to be under a bit of a rain streamer for a little while with some lovely looking white echoes going on. 14 miles fo the north east at work, it's dry (with a foreboding sky).  Hoping for some sleep tonight!

• Like 3