Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
1 minute ago, Lewis1997 said:

Snap! Same distance from Cambridge as you are, but just E and not W! 

Do you still have clear skies there ? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
Just now, Lewis1997 said:

Snap! Same distance from Cambridge as you are, but just E and not W! 

We're definitely in the hot spot, literally! 

• Like 1

Posted

@nick sussex the skies are pretty much cloudless as far as the eye can see from the bedroom window. Just a few bits of very high wispy cirrus cloud. 

@James1979 we certainly are, which ties in well with some of the Hi-res models which went as high as 41c for Ramsey today, but widespread 37-39c. 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Blizzards reported in Kent with temperature of -4.3c

That wouldn't surprise me - especially if you also heard Ming the Merciless laughing as well...

• Like 2

Posted

@nick sussex the skies are pretty much cloudless as far as the eye can see from the bedroom window. Just a few bits of very high wispy cirrus cloud. 

@James1979 we certainly are, which ties in well with some of the Hi-res models which went as high as 41c for Ramsey today, but widespread 37-39c. 

Thanks for the update . Still a chance then the record goes in your area .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

it's clodded over here

A few clods about today, for sure

• Like 2

Posted

I'd say we are down to 2/8th from around 4/8th 30 minutes ago, sun coming through bice and strong with little cloud to the SW/S at the moment. 

This air I have should end up in the Heathrow region around 3.15-3.30pm roughly and I suspect is going to give another round of warming for W.London once it does.

• Like 1

Posted

Sandy And Biggleswade might be breaking the record soon (even taking into account margin of error with less pro-stations reporting)
If 104F was confirmed....its gone anyway lol (just speculation....these readings can be significantly affected sometimes by position)

.... who runs their local weather stations?

image.thumb.png.d6c432081ed52faf6f7f72e69c2461eb.png

Edited by Bryn Webster

Just now, kold weather said:

I'd say we are down to 2/8th from around 4/8th 30 minutes ago, sun coming through bice and strong with little cloud to the SW/S at the moment. 

This air I have should end up in the Heathrow region around 3.15-3.30pm roughly and I suspect is going to give another round of warming for W.London once it does.

Anything significant? 

Posted
1 minute ago, Lewis1997 said:

Looks like your side of Cambridge might well do it, this side has slowed again now and seem a bit shy to break back back through 38c.  Good luck Lewis, hope it happens! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

lol look like thunder clods too, hope you are well stainsbloke

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mr Brown said:

Anything significant? 

Not really, but it will only need a moderate bump in the warming to allow it to get above the 38.5c temperature record. Same goes for Cambridge, especially now the showers have cleared off to the north.They will have a 2hr window roughly of decent sunshine which may do the job.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, James1979 said:

Looks like your side of Cambridge might well do it, this side has slowed again now and seem a bit shy to break back back through 38c.  Good luck Lewis, hope it happens! 

Yeah, I think Cavendish is the place today as it has probably been affected by cloud the least. I’m still stuck at 37.9c, really struggling to break through the 38c benchmark. 

Edited by Lewis1997

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
Just now, lassie23 said:

lol look like thunder clods too, hope you are well stainsbloke

Could be some extreme clods too lol. Very well thank you, hope you are too? Have some swelling melons to show you

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Clods

Officer Crabtree from Allo Allo anybody

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, kold weather said:

Not really, but it will only need a moderate bump in the warming to allow it to get above the 38.5c temperature record. Same goes for Cambridge, especially now the showers have cleared off to the north.They will have a 2hr window roughly of decent sunshine which may do the job.

Bishop Stortford way seems to be another area that has a shot .....West London still possible.........I thought the cloud over ST neots and further SE had gutted southern cambridgeshire chances but might well be proved wrong!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, OddSpot said:

Clods

Officer Crabtree from Allo Allo anybody

Classic, thanks for the reminder

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Bryn Webster said:

Bishop Stortford way seems to be another area that has a shot .....West London still possible.........I thought the cloud over ST neots and further SE had gutted southern cambridgeshire chances but might well be proved wrong!

Sun is back out in force now, my PWS is back up to 37 from 35 when we had the rain

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Lewis1997 said:

Yeah, I think Cavendish is the place today as it has probably been affected by cloud the least. I’m still stuck at 37.9c, really struggling to break through the 38c benchmark. 

A quick thought ... wont the absorptive properties of local geology play a factor in ground temperatures? Sandy soil and clay are good at increasing quicker than the other extreme of water.....but Im not aware of the spectrum inbetween! Im no geologist!.....maybe higher local temps could vary on geology? Any evidence?

Posted

Yeah, I think Cavendish is the place today as it has probably been affected by cloud this least. I’m still stuck at 37.9c, really struggling to break through the 38c benchmark. 

In all the years I used to record the weather daily I never saw a pattern quite like it, I was stuck at 37.9c too and it's dropped back a bit now.  Records are not easy to break!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Shade in garden reporting 39.3c. So i'm not going out. Cloud gone now. Breeze back.