Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
Just now, LightningLover said:

Sending  virtual pets to your cat! I hope it will do ok!

Hopefully he’ll be alright, I think he’s looking forward to having somewhere cool in the house to relax come Friday! 

• Like 1

Posted

Temp outside is 22.4C whilst the temp inside the coolest part of the house downstairs is 28.2C in Shirley, Croydon

image.thumb.png.17e1f9292a89f8c0c0ec8c4e5dfc4a3e.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Have succumbed to the crazy heat in our Bedroom and come downstairs. Now sitting between our 2 Lounge Fans with a partially frozen flannel on my head. Not a great look but who cares!! Have stuck a couple of these already today in our Freezer for myself and the Wife, for about 10/15 minutes, feels very pleasant for a while.

Regards,

Tom.    :hi: 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Hottest temperature I’ve experienced was 48C in Kuwait. Not great in a uniform

Definitely not especially if the uniform is polyester! My neighbour is a dietician on the acute medical wards and has to wear a horrible polyester tunic, no air conditioning on the main wards only in ICU and theatres, she was cursing yesterday, and said all the manager pen pushing types should be made to wear one for a day and see how they feel!! 

• Like 3

Posted

I’ve put my pillow case in freezer exceptional circumstances calls for such things... roasting in bedroom 31.6C and outside it’s still 24.5C warmer than this time last night, wonder how high today? Personally I do not see 40c being reached anywhere. Interesting most models are going with areas to north of London like Cambridgeshire being hottest 38-40c, similarly I’m unsure about that... the powerful UHI of London will reign supreme?

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Super hot bedroom recording 32 degrees as had windows closed all day whilst at work, poor fans are working overtime, looking forward to the extreme heat and hopefully some decent storms, then I’m happy for temps to be between 24 and 28 degrees rest of summer lol 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I have not been able to get to sleep as it is so hot and humid.  The indoor temperature was at 27 Celsius . I am dreading later on as I have to go to the chemist to get my medication which was supposed to be delivered on Tuesday afternoon.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning;

Today is the big day. Arpege has a high of 39c in Cambridge with 36-38c widely forecast. However there is potentially some cloud that could build to try and produce a shower or two, but these will be of the pulse variety and would quickly dissipate, not to mention that rainfall will probably fail to reach the ground. If this doesn’t occur then I suspect temperatures could peak at 39c more widely.

As for this evening, chance of thunderstorms developing anyway, but the biggest threat will be eastern areas that could get hit by any storms developing over France which will travel NNW along the eastern frank of the approaching trough.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

Good morning ,

It is warmer indoors than outdoors , according to my weather station.  It is says that the outdoor temperature is 23°c with rising humidity at 60%.

Weather outlook has the weather for the nearby town of Purfleet at 19°C along with 78% humidity.

Posted

morning    all

weather  station at  the moment  here in ipswich

outside in garden  21.6

inside  downstairs  25,6

upstaires  30,2

had  to put fan back or her  indoors did  about 2   i had  to wipe me self down  as i was so wet in sweat

not looking foreward   to day   work out

Edited by tinybill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Fan pointing at me all night on full blast and slept perfectly. 

Really looking forward to experiencing what could possibly be the hottest day the UK has experienced. 

Cloud amounts going to play a big part today whether it reaches 39c 

Edited by Ben Lewis
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
8 hours ago, Jimmyh said:

I am neither fella. You were raining on lightning lovers parade with your initial post after his and i took umbridge to it. We can in here be allowed to express our excitement at records being broken. I work in central london and have melted over the last 2 days but its still exciting for some. 

And please dont call me ignorant. I chose to mention a couple of things. Not saying this is a freak event but to see this level of heat is unprecedented like it or not. The record may not go but the charts have increased the heat over the last couple of runs. Coming in at 40 degrees. Never have i seen that.  In my 20 years of weather watching. 

As was said before look after your elderly and vulnerable peeps its gonna get hot. Peace Out (drops the mike as he walks out)

Jimmy jimmy jimmy.....if having your own opinion and having preferences for certain weather types is raining on someone’s parade then I’m guilty. As I remember it I simply asked Lightning lover a question and you jumped in on it and showed your immaturity by deliberately getting my name wrong !! Yourself and another couple of posters need to accept that other people on here can disagree with you without reprisal or being accused of raining on one's parade. I can go back into old posts and find plenty of occasions where poor old Wimbledon has been slated on here for his weather preference by the very people making this argument. I suggest you and your henchmen block posters you don’t like to read and kindly let others enjoy their own weather type without being accused of being a killjoy. I’ll just add that thankfully Paul deleted some of the comments regarding climate change yesterday that could well cause offence to people. Hopefully we can all enjoy the storms and move on

Edited by shotski
  • Like 3

Posted

Well today could be a record breaking day temperature wise and I've a feeling that a new record will be set. 

Left for work at 6:45 and temperature already 26.2c here in Coulsdon and a warm wind with that as well.  Hope everyone gets to enjoy the day, after all this is the UK so we know these extremes will not be around for too long, and by Saturday it will seem like a long time ago it happened. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
1 minute ago, Bazza118 said:

Well today could be a record breaking day temperature wise and I've a feeling that a new record will be set. 

Left for work at 6:45 and temperature already 26.2c here in Coulsdon and a warm wind with that as well.  Hope everyone gets to enjoy the day, after all this is the UK so we know these extremes will not be around for too long, and by Saturday it will seem like a long time ago it happened. 

Was 17.9c in Purley when I left at 6am.

Kenley is showing 25c atm, big local differences. 

Posted

Wind seems to have picked up again in the night. The low was 18c around 3am, after which as the wind increased, so did the temperature as the heat pushed up from the continent.

Already 25c on my station in the garden and that’s with a layer of very thin high cloud

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

22.4 in Worthing, rekon we’ll get to around 31 here 

Posted

Quite a big difference in how it feels even between 6.30 and now, slight coolness in the air first thing but that's already long gone.

Locally upto 20c now, to be hottest day of year we need a 33c, which should be do able providing we avoid the mid level cloud.

Posted

I really need a compass! Driving to and from Upminster this morning at around 6am, I thought I saw distant towers going up. Given that I was travelling along North Road which becomes South Road, I’m assuming  they were SE of me! Now I’m home, i’ve lost the skyline behind trees, but they seem to have gone!

Alexa is telling me that it is currently 23.3C. I’ve lost my weather station!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

2 fans on full blast for the 2nd night in a row, not a fan of the heat etc, it accelerates my severe ibs, plus being the boss of my own taxi company, its like slow cooking yourself, sitting in a mobile oven, by around 6pm im done lol, im hoping for a free light and sound show later, I missed it the other night, it all went around my location, but I do wonder if a kent clipper could be on the cards, have a good day all

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Lots for us weather enthusiasts to look out for today, from the possibility of record breaking heat to some severe storms this evening and overnight. The Convective Weather forecast showing almost the entire Region at 'moderate' risk of seeing a thunderstorm:

1740709018_ConvectiveWeather25July.thumb.jpg.826d9109665068be193fcd8f62433786.jpg

http://www.convectiveweather.co.uk/forecast.php?date=2019-07-25

And how about this for a difference of opinion between a couple of the high res models about precipitation later. NMM showing no rainfall AT ALL over our patch at 23.00 tonight, whilst Arome suggesting some real heavy stuff moving through. (Imho I think NMM has lost the plot. :oldsmile:)

NMM 185776952_NMMPrecip25July23_00.thumb.png.fa6f8ebb4d1c1c70621f3b2d60f48f6b.png Arome 2017154147_AromePrecip25July23_00.thumb.png.7cf263d42eed5044b770f16a51698df2.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Already 26c at shoreham airport at 8 am, if this keeps we should easily  pass 30c before midday here on the coast

Posted

Just looking back at July 1st 2015 and it was crazy fast heating, we were well into the 30s by 10am!

Heathrow upto 26c by 8am, so should be on target for 30c by 10am.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 2