Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

hahahahah!

Nothing really forecast for me and I had lightning all around me and some heavy rain. Then about half hour later an even worst storm, constant flashes and booms, very heavy rain and hail.  Didn't get a total direct hit, so didn't get a load of thunder but that'll do me, personal display and i didn't have to move from my bed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

As I stated In my previous Post, what an awful night for sleeping that was.

Despite Fabrizio  image.png.b09902523ba72ed69ef789d6e5e3cded.pngand Salvatore (Toto the Tower Fan to his friends) image.png.cacfdf8960e51eb8ab266ab375eed145.pngbeing on full blast, myself and my Wife had to resort to using Hannah image.png.c124ba221c0f60f375184349acc002f3.pngand her Sister (apologies to Woody Allen)

Harriet, our Hand Held Fans, to get any substantial relief from the suffocating heat!!  

I eventually succumbed and came downstairs to sit under our Lounge Fans, much cheaper Sainsbury's "jobs".

Faith Fan and our Turkish Student Fan, Fatima (seems a bit pale to be Turkish, though!!) image.png.e7c0d6f2a5acfa3dbf3ea373edbd57dd.pngcooled me down and worked the oracle, from 1 AM until 3.15 AM, whilst Brontophobic me waited for the t/storm threat to pass!!

Colette just prepared a refreshing Salad last night and avoided turning on Olivia Oven image.png.1033f6a26a567428cfe065ef48896ba9.png or her inseparable partner, Graham Grill  image.png.055459832e80db81c9e457b0137ea9bb.png otherwise the pair of us may well have been in liquid form this Morning (or indeed Toast)!! 

Really not looking forward to the next couple of nights and can't wait for the Forecast cooler weather to arrive, on Friday!! :oldgood:

Must be off now, as Men in White Coats, are banging on the Front Door!! :crazy:

Regards,

Tom.  :hi:

image.png

image.png

Edited by TomSE12
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

Nothing forecast for the SE and yet it was quite an insane night for most! Just goes to show that you shouldn’t take a thunderstorm forecast as 100% accurate. Things can change and often do. So who’s ready for round 2 on Thursday night?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

25c at 8am in a seaside town. Horrible.

The sooner today is over the better.

Bring back yesterday, lovely sea breeze and 25c, 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I usually ignore the meto app symbol forecast but for tomorrow it showing 37/38*c .......Very rare to see that and certainly won't be enjoying it!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Well... I guess me and the Kent members are on their own then...

very warm start to the day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

AEAA892B-924D-42B2-9ABC-8669EFC60E35.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

AEAA892B-924D-42B2-9ABC-8669EFC60E35.jpeg

Wow! Over 45,000 lightning strikes. Pretty special. A memorable week, for sure. Might be more storms to come. I appreciate the heat isn’t to everyone’s tastes but it’s not going to last long and might make up a little for that ghastly June.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Netweather is only showing a high of 24c for Worthing tomorrow....

That can't be right surely lol

Edited by tomp456

Posted

Never thought I would ever see a max temp of 39c forecast on the met office website for the SE ,which it does for Thursday.Somewhere surely will hit 40c, ridiculous but just amazing at the same time.

Posted

Two storms in the early hours. The first at about 230 with lots of lightning but not much in the way of thunder or rain. I was just dropping off again when the second storm arrived at about 4. Less lighting but more in the way of thunder and rain. Didn't think it rained for very long but it was heavy and there are still plenty of puddles this morning. 

Not bad considering I wasn't expecting anything. I'm not a great fan of very hot weather but if there are some good storms I can put up with it for a while. These are the first storms I've seen this year despite being under warnings several times. 

Posted

It felt surprisingly cool this morning when I went outside at 5am - there was a keen breeze however the air temp was showing as 25oC! Crazy temps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Really surprised how comfortable for sleeping it felt last night. 

Fan pointed directly at my bed all night seemed to have done the trick. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Latest from the BBC forecast for tomorrow 

C4D19DFE-3CA3-455E-906B-C0B692DA844B.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

So now both MO and BBC predicting 39 tomorrow. We need to be seeing 30 at 9am and 36 at midday for it to come off.

theres still however a chance that we’ll have egg on our faces. Hope not!

Edited by Stabilo19

Posted
Just now, Stabilo19 said:

So now both MO and BBC predicting 39 tomorrow. We need to be seeing 30 at 9am and 36 at midday for it to come off.

theres still however a chance that we have egg on our faces. Hope not!

I think it depends on sunshine amounts . If it’s sunny all day then I think the record will go.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Up to 26c here already, around about the same as yesterday. 

Rather irritated listening to the radio weather forecasts talking about a high of 31c... in London, but making it seem like it was the be all and end all when all modelling places locations such as Cavendish in Suffolk as the likely hotspot and by some margin compared to London.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Some spectacular pyrotechnics last night: at 4 a. m., it was like WW3!:yahoo:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

what an uncomfortable night that was.  

but we had two storms pass by with some very heavy rain.  beautiful lightning and some long deep rumbles of thunder. 

The temp was 22c at 1am! It's now 26c but there is a nice little breeze. 

Not looking forward to tomorrow and the thought of it being in the high 30s

Edited by PurpleButterfly
As I posted the met office have issued another storm warning for tomorrow

Posted

Agreed @TomSE12 sleeping was almost impossible in last night's heat, in my case not aided by my son (some of you know he has special needs) at the age of 19 still wanting to join me as the constant lightning was making him anxious. We got a few rumbles of thunder but it was more the light show in our neck of the woods and we weren't directly under the main strikes hence lightning to the west and north illuminated our bedrooms. The two fans didn't really cool the room down last night and it was at least 4am before I got some sleep, feeling very lethargic today in my hot little office. Thankfully husband has got a day off tomorrow so we're heading down to Sandbanks for an overnight stay this evening, hoping for some slightly cooler temperatures.

• Like 2

Bit of thunder and lightning last night, nothing too special but was nice to watch, rain was a blessing to get those sticky temperatures down as well. Impossible to keep the bedroom cool but rest of house is fine. 

28.5 c already in west London, hotter than it was yesterday at this point. 

Edited by Uxbridge90

Posted
4 minutes ago, Reefseeker said:

Agreed @TomSE12 sleeping was almost impossible in last night's heat, in my case not aided by my son (some of you know he has special needs) at the age of 19 still wanting to join me as the constant lightning was making him anxious. We got a few rumbles of thunder but it was more the light show in our neck of the woods and we weren't directly under the main strikes hence lightning to the west and north illuminated our bedrooms. The two fans didn't really cool the room down last night and it was at least 4am before I got some sleep, feeling very lethargic today in my hot little office. Thankfully husband has got a day off tomorrow so we're heading down to Sandbanks for an overnight stay this evening, hoping for some slightly cooler temperatures.

Have fun at sandbanks - lovely place - was there a few weeks ago. It always seems to have a nice breeze there so think you'll be cooler for sure

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Up to 26c here already, around about the same as yesterday. 

Rather irritated listening to the radio weather forecasts talking about a high of 31c... in London, but making it seem like it was the be all and end all when all modelling places locations such as Cavendish in Suffolk as the likely hotspot and by some margin compared to London.

Certainly agree with you with regards to Cavendish being a hotspot. I’m about 6/7 miles away and as of 10.55am, it was 30c. Now at 31.5c. And thats considering my weather station has been in the shade all morning and is about 2m above ground level. Temps have risen higher and faster than yesterday, but some high cloud has now wafted in making the sunshine a little hazy. 

Edited by Lewis1997

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Some spectacular pyrotechnics last night: at 4 a. m., it was like WW3!:yahoo:

I slept through the first batch just before 4 a.m. which family suggest was mostly elevated IC strikes and therefore not that loud in terms of thunder but a stunning sight.  Unfortunately, having been forced to have my bedroom window open due to the heat, I was awoken suddenly around 5.40 by what sounded like an explosion - there must have been a close CG strike from the second band of cells.  I must admit it triggered my residual brontophobia and I ended-up shouting out in confusion and momentary fear before I came-to properly and got my bearings.  It's rare for me to feel genuine fear during an electrical storm these days, but that's the second time in around three years that I've been woken by a close CG strike (the previous one happened just as I was drifting off), and it does affect my confidence somewhat as I haven't had many problems with it since my teens (quite a few years back now!)

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
  • Like 4