Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted

So the storm is gone now.. and frankly almost nothing London and East (rain or lightening) therefore temp max still in play

Posted

Disappointing here,5 mins of rain and one lighting flash,most of the action west yet again,why do us lot in the SE keep missing out on these storms,frustrating

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Heads up N Essex and Suffolk, you may see some flashes soon if not already. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well some thunder and lightning here, a little rain. Better than nothing and more than I expected tonight. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

I'm exactly on the edge, it's just passing me by in SWF.  But I am getting a light show that I can see from my bed.
Just no rain and no thunder. 

Posted

Lovely light show well to the north of me. As  Moogy said, no rain , no thunder, nevertheless still pretty spectacular!

Posted

Never seen lightning as frequent as this in my whole life, every second there is a flash. what a sight

Posted

It's just reached me in South Lincolnshire. Lightning frequently and big bang's of thunder. Quite heavy rain as well. Do I need to unplug electronic things from plug sockets????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Awoken by lightning and thunder, busy little electrical storm with a lot of lighting high up and behind cloud. Some nice forks as storm moved off, one heavy thunder rumble that shook the ground but was a fair distance away. Sharp heavy shower as well. Slowly moving north but a short while ago lightningmaps.org showed a lot of the UK covered in current or echoes of strikes, quite an outbreak.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Woken up by incredibly loud thunder, house shaking stuff even when at a distance. Heaviest rain my station has ever recorded in 14 years! 1284mm/hr!!!! We only got 1.6mm but we had it in the space of seconds. 

• Like 1

Posted

Lightening is blinding, car alarms going off all around and biblical rain. Woken by dog jumping on me then realised why!

wasnt supposed to come this Far East!

Edited by Blazerblue
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: stroms of course

I think they may have all peaked a little bit early here. Cracking storm with lighting all over the sky now in Norwich had a little heavy rain but appears to have got stronger through Suffolk. Joys of being on a night, and nature puts its own film on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather
10 hours ago, Froze were the Days said:

Could be a tad warm that, so not sure how accurate that is (FARS) as maximum temperatures in East Anglia on that day was generally near to 32c. I've got a Stevenson Screen which I built myself with British Standard max/min separate bulbs and seems to be reasonably accurate but is hard to tell to what degree accuracy as there are local variations.

Interesting to note just how warm it became on the date you mentioned: 27th July, my memory has obviously let me down as I thought most of the heat was largely over after Wimbledon last summer.

I'm sure it's pretty accurate. Official stations near me showed slightly warmer in a few locations. That temperature was recorded at 1.34pm. There was high level cloud sweeping in from the west that day which them tempered maximum temperatures. Highest temperatures were Bury St Edmunds eastwards that day, so many stations as you say did record 32Cish as a max.

Posted

MetOffice text forecast for tomorrow now saying maximum temperature of 39C for East of England. Always tends to be accurate as it's forecaster written rather than automated from raw model data.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well we got a second storm which has now cleared through. Clear skies beginning to move in from the south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Smallish storm, nothing really spectacular. Few nice anvil crawlers. Very little thunder bar a few rumbles from the odd CG. 

• Like 1

Posted

did  they say any thing about storms last  night   about   thunder and lighting  again  here  at  the  moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Had a few big cracks of thunder in the night and 5 mins of heavy rain, unfortunately didn’t really freshen anything up. 

Posted

Really poor night for sleeping last night had a thunderstorm about 12.30. Think temps today for where I live are going to get higher than forecast on the bbc and meto as they predict 24 for me today with it already being 20 surely it will be higher. Exciting day tomorrow. Think we will all enjoy the fresher weather by Saturday the weekend. Think August is going to be a hot one

Posted

No storms here which I’m pleased with as wanted sleep (and we’re lucky enough to have had several decent storms here already this year) but woken by the wind blowing the blinds at one point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Nothing here last night I don't think. Looks like our chances will be better tomorrow.

Posted

Amazing light show here last night, at half one and 3am. Just constant lightening.

Stunning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Morning all,

Well what an uncomfortable night for sleeping, that was.

Up early, to have Breakfast with my Wife before she set off at 6.30 to start her early shift, at a Chislehurst Care Home.

Just watched a recording of Weather for the Week ahead, Louise Lear on shift.

Louise began by mentioning last night's t/storms. As we know they've moved away North now. Today will be dry and very sunny, with  a Max. of 32c for the London area. On into Thursday and a Low starts to threaten from the S.W. but ahead of it w're still dragging in that hot Continental air. So another sultry and uncomfortable night beckons, overnight Min. Temp., only falling to 19/20c for the S.E. corner. Thursday will be another hot and humid day with plenty of sunshine and the peak of this current hot spell, Max. temps around 37c for the London area, nigh on 100f in "old money". Should this occur, it will top the July record of 36.7c, set at Heathrow on 1st July 2015. But a change will come on Friday, a weak cold front will come in from the W. with just an associated band of cloud, not producing much in the way of rain, Max.Temps down to 28c for the S.E., although a 30c is still possible for the London area but it will certainly feel different to Thursday's weather.

On into the Weekend and a slight change in emphasis to earlier Forecasts, in the Week. Rain could well be moving westwards on Saturday with Max. Temps down to 23c, for the London area. Sunday sees the Front responsible for Saturday's rain, moving away westwards with a little brightness possible later in our Region, Max. Temps around 25c for the London area.

Drier and warmer still as we move into Monday, Max. Temps back up to 26c for the London area, as we start a new working Week. Thereafter, it does look like the potential for Low pressure to try and move in from the S.W. but it doesn't look like having much influence on our Region. There is the potential for pressure to remain high with drier and warmer weather, holding sway. Temps. should be less extreme than recent days, though!! 

And that is the Weather for the Week Ahead, seen through the eyes of MeteoGroup's, Louise Lear.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

• Like 4