Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

I am so glad of two things.

1 living by the sea and a lovely sea breeze keeping it to 26c and not sweaty. Unlike tomorrow which will be joining everyone else with incessant heat as winds go SW, hopefully it will be ok here thursday with another sea breeze day.

2 The money I spent on air con couple of years ago, without it dont know what I would do.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

Completed the worst ever school run in 7 years here. Was 36.4 C in Faversham walking back. Pushing the double pram 3 miles whilst pregnant (yes I do love a baby) it was a killer. Ive guessed the top temp to be 38.9 C here this week but I really think it will be higher now. Crazy crazy hot. Really feel for those suffering! Get those cold flannels on you and sit in front of a fan asap! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It has reached 27.8°C at 15.39 and it feels very humid.

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

In view of this very hot weather and I admit that I am struggling somewhat please do check on your elderly or vulnerable neighbours.  Its going to get even hotter by the forecast and some people are indeed very vulnerable in the heat.  Best to all.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Just been on the BBC website HYS about the possibility of the British Isles maximum temperature going over the next couple of days, my God! are there some berks about...the weather is completely wasted on them, completely oblivious about it all 'it's just summer', 'not the first time we've had a 1 day heatwave', 'they have far higher temps abroad' and other silly remarks blah blah blah!...some utter buffoons.

27.5c currently

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 2

Posted

Upto 32c here, probably the peak as well. Very hot indeed, though obviously not unheard of. Thursday however is locally closer to 35-36c, which would be very rare indeed.

Models still seem pretty keen on 37-38c being the rough max. Thursday is going to be mega interesting to watch. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
1 hour ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Best to keep windows closed and curtains/blinds closed?

Yep.... We've got all the curtains closed... and they are pretty thick curtains.  Its helping a lot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Looking back on my records, I recorded 34.3C on 27th July last year which was the peak of the hot spell, think we may well beat that on Thursday.

I updated my weather station two years ago from a bog standard David Vantage Pro 2 to a new one with FARS (Fan Aspiration Radiation Shield - for more accurate temp readings)   - it was definitely the right choice with these incredible hot spells this year and last.

Posted

Happily I am retired. Reminds me of some horrendous jobs I have had to do in hot weather. Use to do structural surveys of buildings. Climbing around in roof voids was the worse. Sometimes came down from the roof space with all my clothes and protective clothes dripping with sweat.  Usually had a comment from the owner saying is it hot up there?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Whoaaaa 34c on the drive home. 

Beautiful day 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Since I am going storm free, I decided to open the bottle of fizz chilling in the fridge. Took two of us and a pair of pliers to get it open. It's nice and cold. Hubs ordered pizza. 

yay \o/ 

Edited by Dami
  • Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dami said:

Since I am going storm free, I decided to open the bottle of fizz chilling in the fridge. Took two of us and a pair of pliers to get it open. It's nice and cold. Hubs ordered pizza. 

yay \o/ 

Hopefully you get some into a glass. 

Posted

Right result, dentist called on my way there to say the suction machine had gone down and had to cancel appointment, so now sat in the garden drinking a tinny.

Not looking forward to sat in the office the next few days with no air con and just a fan to blow the warm air around.

oh well.

Edited by Bogman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
31 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Happily I am retired. Reminds me of some horrendous jobs I have had to do in hot weather. Use to do structural surveys of buildings. Climbing around in roof voids was the worse. Sometimes came down from the roof space with all my clothes and protective clothes dripping with sweat.  Usually had a comment from the owner saying is it hot up there?

Yes one of the joys working in construction. I too am retired now, but my middle son is an electrician. In the summer he often has to go into lofts with services and it is very unpleasant sweating with the fibreglass insulation sticking to you. On the other hand in the winter it is outside work in the freezing cold fixing pub external lighting. 

BTW did you work for a consultancy?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

33c reached, so getting up to the predicted temperature from the Arpege...

looks at model for Thursday...

well it will be an experience to say the least if 100f is reached. Jeez...

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
44 minutes ago, suffolkboy_ said:

Looking back on my records, I recorded 34.3C on 27th July last year which was the peak of the hot spell, think we may well beat that on Thursday.

I updated my weather station two years ago from a bog standard David Vantage Pro 2 to a new one with FARS (Fan Aspiration Radiation Shield - for more accurate temp readings)   - it was definitely the right choice with these incredible hot spells this year and last.

Could be a tad warm that, so not sure how accurate that is (FARS) as maximum temperatures in East Anglia on that day was generally near to 32c. I've got a Stevenson Screen which I built myself with British Standard max/min separate bulbs and seems to be reasonably accurate but is hard to tell to what degree accuracy as there are local variations.

Interesting to note just how warm it became on the date you mentioned: 27th July, my memory has obviously let me down as I thought most of the heat was largely over after Wimbledon last summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
51 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Hopefully you get some into a glass. 

In a glass and in my belly.

hic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Got that lovely holiday heat out there.

What causes that 'abroad' smell that you occasionally get on hots days here? You know, thst smell that smacks you in the face when you step off the plane?

33c reached at Heathrow.. Drove right through all the ring roads there today and you can see why it gets highest temperature most times in a setup like this.. Although London has buildings I guess a lot is glass so its reflected.. But driving through it and around you get a feel for how big an area is just flat concrete like a giant heat pad.. Plus it's relatively flat to so around 4-6pm it's like an inferno in the sun 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It has reached 33.6°C at 18:12.  The earlier clouds have cleared. Hopefully the temperature will start going down soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Today was okay but add another 4c on top on Thursday:bad:, then i think people will be getting ill out and about on trains and buses etc especially on London Underground.

• Like 3