Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Like some others on here I am dreading next 3 days heat wise.working outside for a living last summer was just horrendous with 8 straight weeks in high 20s and low 30s with not a drop of measurable rain in this part of nw Kent for 54 days!!this year has been much more bearable till now with only the odd day that has felt really hot.i feel sorry for those who have to commute in London with the tubes becoming unbearable I would guess by Thursday (have done that in a previous life!!).

all I can say is keep hydrated and if you have elderly neighbours keep a check on them for the rest of the week.i think that the uk all time record will go on Thursday and think we may have to start to get used to these temperatures in the future in  these worrying times of climatic change

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

Wow. I’ve never been under a SVR zone from Convective Weather... This is a first...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Nice and cool  

F7057885-5B6F-47C5-BA4D-6F87780BA424.png

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

As I’m sure a few of you in here are aware, estofex have issued a level 2 for mainly S coast areas and a level 1 extending into parts of our region! 

Could get exciting into tonight! 

C5762228-D776-4F05-96E8-03660C20CB2E.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
3 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

As I’m sure a few of you in here are aware, estofex have issued a level 2 for mainly S coast areas and a level 1 extending into parts of our region! 

That would match the meto written summary, I won't be building my hopes up here in Maidstone, but you never know!

Posted
19 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

What does this mean?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sunny start here, just a little low cloud drifting up from the south, probably associated with some patchy fog over the low lying areas nearby.

London could hit 35c today, probably 32c/33c where I am so certainly a hot one.

The July record still looks likely to fall on Thursday.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
28 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Sunny start here, just a little low cloud drifting up from the south, probably associated with some patchy fog over the low lying areas nearby.

London could hit 35c today, probably 32c/33c where I am so certainly a hot one.

The July record still looks likely to fall on Thursday.

Indeed and the overnight temps are insane, according to the beed no lower than 27*c!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy
1 hour ago, clark3r said:

What does this mean?

Possible thunderstorms, with warnings of large hail, severe wind gusts and excessive precipitation. Estofex.org has a very detailed explanation of what could unfold later tonight ?️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Already 24.5c according to your weather station 

edit: can’t be right surely, the official station at Shoreham airport was 15c at 7am

Edited by tomp456
  • Like 1

Posted

KNOW this is a weather app, but I’ve never seen anything on this scale for a UK forecast:

7CA42670-4523-461A-81B3-2C723B325DFA.png

• Like 2

If the 03z UKV verifies around the Reading area then the July record of 35.3 is likely to go on Thursday, maybe even the all time record of 36.4C. Only 18C currently - Think I better try and cool the house down whilst I still can!

Posted

An interesting few days ahead.. However, i am not looking forward to the peak of the heat at all! 

Storm wise it looks like some of us could still be affected tonight, although the elevated nature of them might mean a lot of us see distant lightning off to the west anyway, 

Posted

Flying ant day, innit? Could be an indicator for the storms later this evening...?

Posted

Interesting there’s mention of dry thunderstorms . Very unusual if that happened in the UK.

In terms of what’s on the way for the se , some quite extraordinary temps recorded in parts of sw France . Several locations reporting 35c at 11.00 am !

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The temperature is soaring, already 25/26c  over this area.

Posted
2 hours ago, tomp456 said:

Already 24.5c according to your weather station 

edit: can’t be right surely, the official station at Shoreham airport was 15c at 7am

That's because of very thick mist lying over the River Adur this morning, including the Airport...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

The time is 10:26 am and it is 22.5°C outside and 25.4°C indoors.  To cope with the indoor heat I have blackout blinds and blackout curtains which make it more bearable.

The sky is mostly clear apart from a few wisps of cumulus clouds.

There maybe thunder in South Ockendon later on in the week but I do not know if there will be any visible lightning.

Posted

Out of the thunderstorm warning area  . A storm later in the day always makes a hot day more bearable I find.

Dreading the next few days as I don't even have a balcony at home, the allotment is scorching and without shelter and my little vintage MX5 doesn't have air con! I'd be much more excited about this week's temps if I was doing nothing  by a pool. Instead, I'm in a mild panic.

You'd be amazed what a little heat island I live in, a combo of the A40, a tarmac car park and three blocks facing each otther mean it's noticably hotter here than round the corner. 

Don't forget to drink those extra couple of glasses of fluids today, it really makes all the difference.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Already over 27c before 11am, scorcher!

I think we will pretty much miss out on the pyrotechnics in the anglia region. SW England looks explosive later though, could be some good videos appearing later! From a selfish point of view I don’t mind if the SE misses out this time, if it stays dry it might make all the difference to the maxima available on Thursday.

• Like 2

Posted

It’s  roasting after a low of 17.1C overnight could prove to be record breaking night Met Office forecasting a low of 23C absolutely awful... house like an oven! 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1