Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

4 minutes ago, clark3r said:

Very warm nights coming up too 

Midnight Wednesday morning still 25 degrees Friday at midnight still at 30 degrees

ukmaxtemp.png

Wow 30 degrees at midnight, that’s not including the humidity, will need 100 fans working overtime this week 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
10 hours ago, clark3r said:

May have to buy an extra fan if these charts are right tonight 

Have come downstairs early, to sit under our lounge Fan.

In all honesty, I'm not looking forward to the forecast extreme heat of this Week, both day and night.

Bad memories of last Summer, when I ended up at a local Hospital with heat exhaustion.

Have followed my early Morning routine of a cuppa and a recording of MeteoGroup's, Weather For The Week Ahead, this Morning with Chris Fawkes.

The heat begins to build today, with a Max of 29c likely in the London area. The flow turns into the S.E by Tuesday, dragging the hot air our way, from Continental Europe, 33/34c a possibility in the London area, by this stage. Chris was still indicating a temp. of 27c at 10 PM, Tuesday night!!

Chris was indicating that the flow may turn towards the S.W on Weds, which may lower the humidity a tad but still a Max of 32c, for the London area, He then suggested the flow may well turn back into the S.E. again on Thurs with a London Max. of 33/34c. By Friday, Chris suggests the Atlantic will start to have more of an influence with Max. temps. down to around 26c or so, for the London area, perhaps with a few thundery showers, for our Region. TBH, there didn't seem much appetite to breakout widespread thundery weather, for our Region. But as we all learnt last Summer, without a trigger, heat doesn't necessarily equate to thunder.

Looking further ahead to the coming Weekend, Temps returning to nearer normal but still around the Mid 20's for our area, perhaps with a few showers around.

Turning to "clark3r's" comment above, re. 2 Fans. As I stated many times last Summer, our House has very small rooms and soon becomes very uncomfortable in prolonged very warm/hot weather, especially our Bedroom which sits above our Kitchen. Having the Oven on, generally means an uncomfortable night's sleep!!

Our one solitary Bedroom Fan, although trying his hardest started to flag and was just rotating hot air in the end, last Summer.

image.thumb.png.f2c44a4fd1b0ac4073d9f8b61e233c49.png

Colette and myself, decided to buy an extra Fan for our Bedroom. So, we've had 2 Fans on for the last few nights. Here are the fellas, in question:

image.png.cbea5af9e20ba010f1509eadd4fae0e7.pngI bought this Fan from Argos around 5 Years ago. The brand is Bionaire and comes with a remote control. I have to say, this is one of the best electrical items I've ever bought. It's certainly the best item I've bought from Argos (who I've had trouble with in the last few years!! A few weeks ago, we purchased this Fan:

image.png.4c92e1ab1822c41321b259ab197addf9.pngAgain, we bought this Fan from Argos and the two of them have been doing sterling work in our Bedroom, dropping the Temperature to more acceptable levels for sleeping. The brand of this one is Dimplex, again with remote control.

I would thoroughly recommend both of them but they're probably selling like "hot cakes", at the moment!!

As I mentioned a few Months ago, Colette likes to give our household items, "alliterated" Names. The Bionaire Fan we call Fabrizio, he's dark and evidently vain, typically Italian. I can't possibly comment!! The second Fan, Fabrizio's Italian Cousin is, Salvatore. Toto the Tower Fan, for short. They now hold pride of place in the Bedroom and sit alongside Charlie Chest of Drawers and Teresa Television. Downstairs we have Freddie Fridge (Sammy Snowman is still firmly ensconced inside!!), Michelle Microwave and Kenny Kettle, in the Kitchen. In the Lounge you'll find Rufus Rug, Tabitha Table and the Twin Sofas, Sofia and Solomon!!

We'll be trying to have Salads and Microwave meals this Week, to avoid having the Oven on. Olivia makes our Bedroom far too warm but if we do, there's always Fabrizio and Toto to "save our bacon". 

Being mad, keeps us sane!! They're coming to take us away, ha ha, he he.

Enjoy the heat and possible thunder!!

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

• Like 8

Posted

If we can keep this lovely strong breeze we have here currently, I might just survive the heat, but I fear it won’t stay. Don’t like heat or humidity, makes it hard to breathe. For those that love it, enjoy. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Great late sunset through my office window  last night - although the day light is being noticeably eaten away at at both ends of the day !

breezy overcast and humid today not sure what the week will bring will it be too cloudy for any day time records to be set ..? 

C8044EEF-057B-451E-8474-77DB0F7D942C.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

You're not the only one Tom not looking forward to it...particularly the warm sultry nights!...fast forward please to next week.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather
1 minute ago, Froze were the Days said:

You're not the only one Tom not looking forward to it...particularly the warm sultry nights!...fast forward please to next week.

I'm with you there, FwtD.  :oldgood:

Just praying that Fabrizio and Toto, don't break down!! :help:

Regards,

Tom.   :hi:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

@TomSE12 God, I absolutely adore your posts; They never fail to make me smile! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well despite some low level cloud and a stiff breeze the temperature is already approaching 28c here. 30c should be reached somewhere across East Anglia this afternoon. 

Posted

Tom, a couple of hints for a cooler room.

keep curtains closed to stop sun coming in.

open the attic/loft door as heat will rise up to the ceiling void

the most efficient way a fan works is to extract the warm air. Basically it will cool a room down if its blowing the hot air out of the room. otherwise all its doing is blowing warm air around.

:)

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Wow! 27.7c reached today and it's meant to be one of the 'cooler' days this week! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Why can't we get cold in winter as often as we get heat in summer, cold always goes shaped

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

It's been cloudy and somewhat cool today?!  Was expecting more warmth and humidity.  Sun finally made an appearance at around 3.30pm, which heated things up rapidly, however, we still have a pretty keen breeze, which is lovely.  Looking forward to some storms and then perfect summer conditions for next weekend.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

On 21/07/2019 at 18:01, clark3r said:

May have to buy an extra fan if these charts are right tonight 

I was dithering with a couple of fans in my basket this morning, it's just a few days, I don't really need them I thought.

Now I am very glad I did order them, I work from home and my office room is NW facing, it's all coming back to me now how uncomfortably warm this room can get (even with the blinds closed all day) and it's only 28 degrees at the moment!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well the temperature remained at 28C at work (Made it to 29C a little further east).

Some utterly outrageous heat coming up over the next few days and a large amount of uncertainty on when this breaks down.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
On 21/07/2019 at 17:53, clark3r said:

Very warm nights coming up too 

Midnight Wednesday morning still 25 degrees Friday at midnight still at 30 degrees

ukmaxtemp.png

People are going to die if that verifies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
6 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Well the temperature remained at 28C at work (Made it to 29C a little further east).

Some utterly outrageous heat coming up over the next few days and a large amount of uncertainty on when this breaks down.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned.  This is getting towards nightmarish proportions.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

If only being on the coast didnt mean temperatures were pegged down compared to inland, wish we could get those temps here, anyone know what highest we could get here on the sussex coast? 

Edited by JK1
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Hard to believe posters on the MAD thread hoping we get to the 40’s on Thursday. This weather is completely worthless when you’ve gotta do a full days work in it, roll on winter with overcast skies and 13 degrees

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Lovely evening tonight , looking forward to the next few days but with some trepidation too , I hope we make 40c so I can say I’ve experienced it but as soon as it’s reached the heat can do one and return to 27c and sun which is perfect. At the same time obviously the most vulnerable spring to mind so I will be checking in on one or two neighbours.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Stunning evening in N Surrey gin clear skies and a temp still at 25c - big change from earlier down at Littlehampton cloudy and humid and breezy morning on the beach !!

8A22D373-D8C3-427C-989F-6FEB5F668AA7.jpeg

58BFAD7D-A079-49A5-BF90-AAE642213148.jpeg

643FD20F-EFE6-43B1-BC49-33B45143BE6E.jpeg

• Like 1