Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Oi Oi what’s going on here then ?

116F4613-620C-473F-9BF6-6CC22EDA2D2C.png

Posted
9 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Oi Oi what’s going on here then ?

116F4613-620C-473F-9BF6-6CC22EDA2D2C.png

Saw some good convection earlier in and around North downs. Had five mins of light rain. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather

Not forecast at all, meant to be dry. Been at the end of that line of rain for 2-3 hours and had light rain with the odd heavier burst. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Myself and my Wife Colette, experienced a first today, whilst out shopping in Bromley (S.E.London/N.W.Kent border).

We were in Marks and Spencer around Lunchtime, when we got stuck in one of their Lifts. :help:

After several attempts to get the Lift to travel down to the Ground Floor, my Wife pressed the Alarm and rang the Lift Engineer, on the Lift's emergency phone. Colette was worried that my B.P, would go through the roof (thought we may have had to, at one point!!), and cause me to have another Stroke. It was getting rather uncomfortable and the temperature was rising. Fortunately Colette managed to ring her Son, and my Stepson had the forethought to ring the Store and warn them of our predicament and my health issues (something the Lift Engineer had not mentioned, to the Store). After a worrying 20 minutes, a Security Guard managed to get the Lift doors open. We were met by the Store Manageress and a couple members of Staff. They were very concerned about our "wellbeing" and whisked us off to the Café, for a Complimentary tea and iced coffee. 

The Lift jolted a couple of times and we couldn't tell if we were stuck between floors. Fortunately we were still on the 1st Floor. Had visions of having to crawl through the top of the Lift, like some scene from a "Disaster B Movie". Evidently these Lifts have become jammed a few times. So, if you're out in "Marks" in Bromley, it may be wise to use the stairs or escalators, between floors (I can't, due to my ongoing balance problems). We found out later, that the Lift Engineer may not have reached us until 1 PM, which meant we would have been stuck for over three-quarters of an hour!!

I must pay credit to the Store Manageress and her Security Guard, they dealt with the situation brilliantly and are a credit to M & S.

Regards,

Tom.   :hi: 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Real muggy morning here on the Essex Riviera with the sun poking through at times...22.8c currently - outlook looks more of the same and staying mainly dry with somewhat of a weak Atlantic influence.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!

Overcast but sooo muggy here! 

Looks like our chance of a thundery downpour this week has diminished. 

Posted

Yes indeed, echoing the two posts above it is SOOO muggy here with lots of clouds covering the sky but with the sun coming through fairly frequently to create a lot of heat for short bursts of time. It feels like it should build up to a thunderstorm, but it won't ⛈️ Cyprus last week was pretty humid with the temperature well into the 30s but Greece and Cyprus have both been experiencing quite a heatwave again these past few days. A bit too hot for me.

• Like 3

Posted

Weather has somewhat soured since weekend cloud dominating.. limited sunny spells sort of reminds me of much of June just less of cool temps and rain. It has been a “meh” summer in London so far, very close to average temp wise, too much cloud for my liking had some wonderful clear days but nowhere to frequency of last summer. I suppose a normal summer is harder to swallow after both 2017 and 2018, experienced extended, excellent summer conditions.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Sunny spells some cloud and a max of 22.3c here today and pretty humid at 70%, currently 21.2c so a decent day nothing to complain about really for me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

23c and wall to wall blue skies and a very light breeze, lovely... 

Posted

Another warm and muggy day out there...25.6c max yesterday, currently 24.7c and fairly sunny.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

So so humid today, I'm feeling rough as hell

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

25c hit here today and until around 6pm it was fine with good spells of sunshine, a few light showers have moved through this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Interesting cloud, pretty clear here, but it deffo looks like mammatus

IMG_20190711_203807.jpg

IMG_20190711_203754.jpg

IMG_20190711_203747.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Incredibly from this synoptic situation (which doesn't look that great on the face of it) we've managed 27c today!...astonishing, nobody was predicting this at the beginning of the week, but sadly horribly muggy.

• Like 1

Posted

Loving this weather, perfect temperatures, plenty of sun, humid, but not overly so. I will take this weather all day long during the summer. Bar the deluge in June (which was needed) it has been great. I hear some people moaning (in other regional chats) of the bad summer they are having, but not here, it's been super fantastic. I have been growing a new lawn, in parts and luckily I have a water butt, but I was on my last drop before it hammered down. It's tough growing in summer, you do need the odd day of showers or rain to help grow and top up my water level, but the rainfall has been kept away from my area.

Recently when showers or rain are in the forecast it never seems to materialise or are more scattered than first thought, here's hoping to a brief shower or 2 today.

Edited by all weather
Spelling
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

A good summer so far I hope we can all agree, some heat, rain ,storms and basically a bit of everything. Nice and pleasant out without having to be heat sapping. 

• Like 3

Personally I think July has actually delivered us some amazing weather so far! It has never been overly hot, has hardly rained, some humid evenings which is night for sitting outside and some beautiful sunsets! I understand the frustration further north, but us in the south east have been pretty lucky recently, currently 20 degrees here with sun breaking through the cloud, should reach 23 maybe 24 later, and that’s decent enough for me! I shall be outside tanning in the garden 

• Like 1

Posted
45 minutes ago, Britneyfan said:

Personally I think July has actually delivered us some amazing weather so far! It has never been overly hot, has hardly rained, some humid evenings which is night for sitting outside and some beautiful sunsets! I understand the frustration further north, but us in the south east have been pretty lucky recently, currently 20 degrees here with sun breaking through the cloud, should reach 23 maybe 24 later, and that’s decent enough for me! I shall be outside tanning in the garden 

Totally agree with you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

All perfectly usable weather but a bit quiet and non descript too - feeling fresher this evening but you can still sit out the pool is warm at 29c and the fresher feel makes it more inviting ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Woke up to the sound of rain which was very nice fresh breeze as well - quite a different feel to recently... 

• Like 1

Posted
46 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

Woke up to the sound of rain which was very nice fresh breeze as well - quite a different feel to recently... 

Agreed, it was nice and refreshing waking up to the rainfall. We were sat out in the garden with friends last night which meant draining the chair cushions of water this morning and hoping for sunshine later to dry them out. Generally I agree, it's been good summer weather so far this month albeit somewhat muggy, but that I can live with to get some sunshine. I also love the long summer evenings with the doors open to the garden and balmy sunset walks with the dog.

• Like 2