Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted

Nice and warm when the sun's out at least the breeze is warm now next week looking much nicer than last week's heat wave failure

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

It so different from yesterday when the maximum temperature which was 29.9°C and now today's maximum temperature is 24.7°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

There is a need for more weather stations in Essex, especially for my area where they is no official weather station close enough to give any accurate readings.

Posted

A much cooler morning.  It is sunny with a cool wind.  The temperature is 19.1°C with 54% humidity. 

Posted

25.6C in Shirley, Croydon which is a surprise to me as I thought it would be around 21C today....................Not complaining though 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Been a lovely warm day on the south coast, 23c wall to wall blue skies and a light breeze, only 4 degrees off Saturday felt almost as hot in the sun 

• Like 1

Posted

Was exactly 23.0oC her today! Felt okay in the sun but due to much lower humidity than recently it wasnt exactly warm 

Although kids were in and out of our pool (with added hot water) 

Posted

Partly cloudy sky with sporadic sunshine.  The temperature at 13:07 is 20°C along with 56% humidity.

Posted

It has become sunnier since the late afternoon.  The sky is blue and there is a scattering of cumulus clouds with fading sunshine.  The temperature at 19:23 is 23.1°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

A beautiful day today here which started with clear blue skies and not a cloud in the sky . Around 9:30 the cloud started to build but we still had clear spells though out .

I have been in the garden today with my Wife , Dad and Father in law , We have all been putting up a fence which was destroyed on both sides by an early spring storm , it’s needed all four of us .

I am sitting in the pub now enjoying a well earned pint and I have a red face and neck where despite lotion I have caught the sun , I suppose working in a supermarket it should come as no surprise as my pasty whites hardly ever get exposure to the sun , God knows how I will cope when I spend 2 weeks in Turkey during August.

• Like 5

Posted

A lovely blue sky with scattered cumulus fractus clouds along with bright sunshine.

Posted

A lovely sunny afternoon with the bees hovering around the flowering bushes.  The temperature at 14:04 is 20.5°C.

• Like 1

Posted

Hi, can someone please explain to a complete novice why the Met Office says the middle to end of next week is going to be wet, windy and stormy but your forecast is not so storm based and rain not so likely except for Wednesday.  I have to put some gazebos up on Thursday for an event on Sat 13th and met office are leading me to believe the weather is going to be fairly brutal for anything outdoors.  I appreciate it is ten days away, but what has made the met office decide on such weather?  Thanks.  

Posted
36 minutes ago, Opal said:

Hi, can someone please explain to a complete novice why the Met Office says the middle to end of next week is going to be wet, windy and stormy but your forecast is not so storm based and rain not so likely except for Wednesday.  I have to put some gazebos up on Thursday for an event on Sat 13th and met office are leading me to believe the weather is going to be fairly brutal for anything outdoors.  I appreciate it is ten days away, but what has made the met office decide on such weather?  Thanks.  

It's different forecasting models going in slightly different directions, which at this range is pretty common. The forecast should start to firm up once we get inside 7 days

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Such a great day in the ‘burbs of N Surrey  pleasant 23c sunny morning and evening bit of cloud around midday .... perfect conditions to sit in the garden 

95A03361-A78B-495A-8D39-FCEB6CD68BCA.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Back in west London for a few days for work and (another) wedding this weekend. A pleasant day with long sunny spells and average temperatures of 23C reached. 

• Like 3

Posted

A lovely sunny morning with a clear blue sky.  The temperature at 7:54 : 16.6°C

• Like 1

Posted

Here is my back garden this morning as the sun spreads over the lawn.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzfKMUIBkQl/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

• Like 2

Posted
18 hours ago, Opal said:

Put it simply: Models playing havoc again. 

Whilst I have faith in most of them I'm inclined to say it still could go either way - but as it stands: Mostly settled over the next 7-10 days esp further South an East you are, albeit with SLIGHTLY suppressed temperatures (18-23). If you believe the models though that could all change... but we made that mistake in February didn't we!! It's another classic will it won't it, even catching out the Meto I'm afraid 

• Like 2

Posted
17 hours ago, Paul said:

It's different forecasting models going in slightly different directions, which at this range is pretty common. The forecast should start to firm up once we get inside 7 days

Indeed, the models just a week ago suggested we'd be in an unsettled and cool phase by now!

Far as I'm concerned the pessimistic models can keep their 'firming up' until the end of summer and we can continue with this fine and settled weather  :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another nice day here, blue skies with a current temperature of 22C. Feeling a touch warmer than yesterday and hardly any wind. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

This is much better weather this week.

Lovely sunny skies, nice breeze, top temps just over 20c, absolutely perfect, why do you need heatwaves lol..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, and wind storms

I managed to get a nasty sunburn on the back of my neck yesterday! Must be more aware!

• Like 1