Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast and East Anglia weather discussion

Blessed Weather

Posted
7 hours ago, DonnaThw said:

This morning when taking the kids to school it felt autumnal, it was slightly misty here. It’s been a nice day if you’ve got out of  the wind. My kids have turned their heating on in their rooms tonight and even I have to say I feel slightly colder tonight. I’m hoping it warms up lovely for the weekend.

like  wise soon off to north norfolk for the weekend   the wind stuck in the east   cant ss much  of hot weather for the coast  it could be a bit  on  the chill side  up there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Oh dear, off to another day of North Sea crud; it's an exciting grey 14.2C with the same NE wind that's being blowing since late Tuesday!

If only the wind was blowing across the North Sea, instead of it taking the scenic route, almost up to the Arctic Circle?:oldgrin:

Posted

Nearly 10oclock and sun has now broken through the crud in Peterborough temperature starting to rise and with a more favourable wind direction I'm hoping for a warm afternoon

Posted

hello guys... welcome to the most overhyped 1 day heatwave.... ridiculous. Storms failure understandable but this wow.

• Like 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

hello guys... welcome to the most overhyped 1 day heatwave.... ridiculous. Storms failure understandable but this wow.

Chance of the June record going so that deserves a bit of hype.

Posted
24 minutes ago, Djdazzle said:

Chance of the June record going so that deserves a bit of hype.

Ok if it goes but its one day if it was a week of high temperatures i would understand it. sorry but i cant on one day.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

Ok if it goes but its one day if it was a week of high temperatures i would understand it. sorry but i cant on one day.

Totally understand. Always the danger of getting sucked in by jaw dropping model output. But the irony this time is that the hot uppers DID verify!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

I’m currently on holiday near Avignon in France and the temperature today is 45c! Seriously hot and dangerous if you’re out in it for too long.

• Like 1

Posted

I don’t understand why no forecast can get it right for NE Ashford (Singleton, Great Chart etc.)?!

All of them underestimate Tmax in the summer and overestimate in the winter.

It’s currently 25 degrees according to my weather station (in the shade, at two meters and freestanding). Ashford WOW station shows 24.9 degrees.

Max today according to MetO is 21 with all others showing 20 or 21.

We don’t get much influenced by a sea breeze or sea temps in general here, despite what models assume.

It really can’t be that hard?!

Considering MetO is predicting 31 here for tomorrow, and taking into account we are usually 2-4 degrees higher than forecast... I’d say it’s going to be HOT.

Edited by seb

Posted
2 hours ago, Jimmyh said:

It's looking more like a 12 hour affair - Warming up Saturday morning and then by Saturday late into Sunday morning cold front comes through. 

This week has been cold here in north kent - constant cloud and strong wind. It'll be quite the shock during the day tomorrow 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, CanadianCoops said:

It's looking more like a 12 hour affair - Warming up Saturday morning and then by Saturday late into Sunday morning cold front comes through. 

This week has been cold here in north kent - constant cloud and strong wind. It'll be quite the shock during the day tomorrow 

Coops couldnt agree more i will take this 12 hour shuffle for a week of increasing temps like last summer

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I am having problems in keeping warm today even though the inside temperature is 22°C while the outside temperature is 20.5°C.  There is a cool Easterly wind with wind speeds of 14 miles per hour and gusts of 21 miles per hour.

Posted
50 minutes ago, Jimmyh said:

Coops couldnt agree more i will take this 12 hour shuffle for a week of increasing temps like last summer

The met office forecast easterly winds through tomorrow morning and only turn round a touch more southerly later. Temps for the extreme SE maybe lower than they forecast IMO

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well it is up to 23c now with clear skies and a warmer feeling SE wind. Might reach 25c as I suspect the temperatures will peak later as we continue to lose that area of colder air.

Tomorrow will be a real shock, possibly up to 34c which will exceed the previous high this year by miles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!
2 hours ago, seb said:

I don’t understand why no forecast can get it right for NE Ashford (Singleton, Great Chart etc.)?!

All of them underestimate Tmax in the summer and overestimate in the winter.

It’s currently 25 degrees according to my weather station (in the shade, at two meters and freestanding). Ashford WOW station shows 24.9 degrees.

Max today according to MetO is 21 with all others showing 20 or 21.

We don’t get much influenced by a sea breeze or sea temps in general here, despite what models assume.

It really can’t be that hard?!

Considering MetO is predicting 31 here for tomorrow, and taking into account we are usually 2-4 degrees higher than forecast... I’d say it’s going to be HOT.

Here in Willesborough it's 22C and the NE breeze does have a distinct chill in it, perhaps you are more sheltered from the wind than we are. I'll believe the 30' forecast for tomorrow only when it's actually here! ;)

• Like 1

Posted

Winds gone SE now not a cloud in the sky temperature increasing slowly, the sun seems very strong think people who burn easy will be rather red today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Ozone is lower atm Uv levels are 8 in the south and might go as high as 9 

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

brrrrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Let’s hope after tomorrow’s flirt with heat that we dodge anything like what france are having at the moment or last summer here. Low twenties please weather gods

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

At last, some continental heat feel this evening. 

Looking forward to a possible 32-34c tomorrow, me & mates in Greenwich Park tomorrow and hoping for a boiling hot one. 

A 1 day heatwave, I’ll take that over the relentless rain. 

Looking relatively dry next week at least thankfully. No more rain needed here for the rest of summer. 

Posted

Out at sittingbourne dog racing (I know how to live) and it’s freezing in the breeze still. Got a coat on and still cold. Is this heat actually coming? 

Edited by CanadianCoops
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

These last 2 days have been lovely to work in after early cloud burning off here in NW Kent by about 9am.temps about 21 but a lovely refreshing breeze so never felt too hot.put the factor 50 on though which I stress everyone should do as sun at its strongest at this time of year.enjoy the heat tomorrow and then back to very pleasant temps from Sunday onwards

• Like 3